What is everyone wearing to the game?

Before I go into the meat of this post, I would like everyone to know that I intend for it to be as investigative as it is humorous as I know the backlash will be severe. In the Gator Bowl we are playing a team from the South. Although they are not quite on the level of SEC fans, many of their fans are probably going to be dressed up in fine gameday apparel (see the link on Clemson babes or whatever too see a female version of gamday attire). I feel as though we, as Husker fans may need to up our efforts and not be outclassed by the Clemson cohort. I for one, out of respect for Coach Pelini and the rest of the Husker Nation will leave the sweater vest at home, but will be sporting red gameday pants, white button-down polo, and a red SoPro hat. How about we make some rules: No painted bodies(!), no tatered jersies, and although we are in Florida, no jean shorts. Lets make a great impression and outclass those taters!

Insert Shameless Plug Here

How about THIS or THIS?

AT-10730.jpg

Unfortunately if fans wear that shirt, it will give the rest of the nation the impression that we think that is actually what the game is called and how it is spelled.

Even more unfortunate is the fact that there probably ARE fans that think this is actually what the game is called and how it is spelled.

Before I go into the meat of this post, I would like everyone to know that I intend for it to be as investigative as it is humorous as I know the backlash will be severe. In the Gator Bowl we are playing a team from the South. Although they are not quite on the level of SEC fans, many of their fans are probably going to be dressed up in fine gameday apparel (see the link on Clemson babes or whatever too see a female version of gamday attire). I feel as though we, as Husker fans may need to up our efforts and not be outclassed by the Clemson cohort. I for one, out of respect for Coach Pelini and the rest of the Husker Nation will leave the sweater vest at home, but will be sporting red gameday pants, white button-down polo, and a red SoPro hat. How about we make some rules: No painted bodies(!), no tatered jersies, and although we are in Florida, no jean shorts. Lets make a great impression and outclass those taters!

I have valiantly tried to make a humorous link between "gamday attire" and "Clemson babes. But hard as I try, nothing worthy comes. So will just leave the humor to others. I guess I can just let my feeble mind continue its fantasy over those Clemson babe's gams and their skimpy attire. (I sure hope that does not come across as sexist . . . but . .)

Also - I am from Florida. And rest-assured, we do wear other-than jean-shorts on occasion. As a matter of fact, I shall be leaving my jean-shorts at home on 1/1 while traveling up to the game.