Gator Bowl Matchup

Konica Minolta Gator Bowl

Jan. 1 / 1 p.m. ET Jacksonville, Fla. CBS

Tie-Ins: ACC No. 3 vs. Big 12/Big East/Notre Dame

Clemson vs. Nebraska

This bowl could be good because ... These are two of the most resurgent teams in the country over the last part of the season. Clemson has shown tremendous heart just to get bowl eligible, while Nebraska has improved getting better and better with five wins in the last six games.

This bowl could suck because ... If Clemson's defense plays as well as it did over the final three games of the year, Nebraska might not be going anywhere. If the Husker defense comes in jacked up and gets into the Clemson backfield early and often, the Huskers could win by three touchdowns.

Lets up the D comes in more jacked up than a druggie on a 3 day meth binge

I read on the Clemson football board that one poster believed Clemson could win by three touchdowns?

I politely told him that unless the Cornhuskers imploded, that would never happen. :koolaid2:

Hahaha, no way in hell Clemson wins by three touchdowns. This is going to be a close game with the Huskers winning hopefully. GBR!

I agree.

There's no way we win by (3) TD's. 1) Our offensive line is still not there, and lacks depth. 2) Our QB is way too inconsistent and still refuses to go through his progressions. 3) The Husker defense is stout against the run.

However, I still think we have a very good shot at winning. The toughest test will be containing the NU QB and not overpersuing on defense. I also think we have a good matchup against the NU defense and our ability to get Spiller/Ford in space against a defense where it will be critical they take proper angles and play disciplined at LB and Safety.

All in all, I think this is a great matchup. MY pick: Clemson 27 Nebraska 21

50% of the time in our losses, we got blown out. However, we typically score 30 or more points per game. One would assume with everything these seniors have been through in their careers at NU that they'd come out firing. Clemson may win the game, but I bet NU scores at least 30 points or more.

:yeah I don't think it will be more than 11 pts either way when it is said and done. If we lost by 21 or more it would be such a long winter....

To you Clemson lurkers, I'm not saying that Clemson can't win at all in my above post. I'm simply just saying there is no way that the score is something like 49-28 Clemson. NU is (hopefully) passed the days of implosion.

'Clemson lurkers'? He has nearly twice as many posts as you!! :blink: Just giving you a hard time red.

But, I agree with you. This one is going to be close. I don't see our O blowing up their D, and I certainly don't see their O overpowering us.

To you Clemson lurkers, I'm not saying that Clemson can't win at all in my above post. I'm simply just saying there is no way that the score is something like 49-28 Clemson. NU is (hopefully) passed the days of implosion.

'Clemson lurkers'? He has nearly twice as many posts as you!! :blink: Just giving you a hard time red.

But, I agree with you. This one is going to be close. I don't see our O blowing up their D, and I certainly don't see their O overpowering us.

Hey you suck :ahhhhhhhh

jk :lol: