Onoxious fans

Colorado and Missouri fans are the worst fans in the Big 12. Colorado had the classic '05 incident when they got their butts handed to em 30-3.

I give Missouri the slight edge because even when they were dominating teams this year, their stadium STILL didn't fill to capacity. They are also very fickle fans who tend to bash NU because they hate us. Simple fact of the matter is, if you look at the all time leading record of NU-MU, NU is far and away gone with that record. I think it would take MU 25-30 years of straight beating us to even the score.

MU fans stick around when things are great, but then filter off when things are bad. At least, for the most part, Colorado fans have better turn outs.

NOT South Carolina?

Obnoxious Coots? Hell, its not just the shamecock fans but also their players.

At the beginning of the video you can see where the coot players went out of their way to "greet" our players as they ran down the hill to take the field pre-game. Note: The visiting team enters the field from the opposite side of the hill. The coots came over to talk trash and start some trouble. That's how it began. Later in the video you can see with less than 6 minutes left in the game the coots start a brawl. They were already getting their chicken butts kicked 27-9. Clemson not only finished the chickin-kickin game but kicked their arses in the brawl they started. Later in the video you can see the coot thugs fighting amongst themselves. They are classless as are a large portion of their fans.

BTW, this is what happened to coot #97 after chasing after one of our players in the endzone:

We don't much like each other. The Clemson-USuC rivalry is the 3rd longest uninterrupted series in college football a streak that has run since 1909. Recall that the series was interrupted between 1902 to 1909 (seven years) because of riots and violence between the two. The coots have a long history of starting trouble and for that I give them the award for most obnoxious fans. The coots generally start "it" and Clemson finishes it.

Here's a rather biased take on the 1902 incident by a coot blogger: Coot doesn't take responsibility for riot

p.s. the blogger mentions at the end something about how Clemson should let USCjr celebrate their victory after the game. FYI coot: You let your alligator mouth overload your chicken arse butt. As usual, you run your mouth and don't back it up.

That's some serious shi^t!

Coot #97 shoulda kept his helmet on, apparantly not enough sense to figure that one out. That 1902 story is pretty crazy.

In 49 years of being a Big Red devotee, I can't remember even ONE fight ever by our players with an opposing team. In '04 some of our big guys ruffed up some Sooner cheersquad guys b4 the game, but that's about it. They kept shooting off their friggin' gun!

Pelini got in the venerable Bill Snyder's face after a game once, back when BO was an assistant here('03), which was fairly comical if you know the two personality types(Snyder is sorta like Osborne personality-wise; BO is sorta like a mafia hitman).

Coot #97 shoulda kept his helmet on, apparantly not enough sense to figure that one out. That 1902 story is pretty crazy.

In 49 years of being a Big Red devotee, I can't remember even ONE fight ever by our players with an opposing team. In '04 some of our big guys ruffed up some Sooner cheersquad guys b4 the game, but that's about it. Pelini got in the venerable Bill Snyder's face after a game once, back when BO was an assistant here('03), which was fairly comical if you know the two personality types(Snyder is sorta like Osborne personality-wise; BO is sorta like a mafia hitman).

Maybe not another team, but do you remember this?

Looked bad for us, but was probably one of our better hits of that game!

In 49 years of being a Big Red devotee, I can't remember even ONE fight ever by our players with an opposing team. In '04 some of our big guys ruffed up some Sooner cheersquad guys b4 the game, but that's about it. Pelini got in the venerable Bill Snyder's face after a game once, back when BO was an assistant here('03), which was fairly comical if you know the two personality types(Snyder is sorta like Osborne personality-wise; BO is sorta like a mafia hitman).

I didn't ever see that incident or hear about it, I musta been outta loop for that game.

Well, it was a Mizzou fan so no problem there. Guy probably mouthed off is my bet, but again, I wouldn't have minded if it was our guy taking the initiative!

Seems like some of the OU games gotta little testy back in the 70's but I don't remember any fights.

Sooners win the most obnoxious fight song award for the Big 12, maybe the whole country. Not even close. That's enough to make a guy throw some random punches right there.

Might want to take a look HERE.

Not very good site, AR..............

You only have one vote.............

No wonder Crap U is #1.................

But also explains why KSUcks is down at the bottom...........

Because they are the 2nd worst fans............

But with only one vote..............

You gotta go with Crap U................

Ok those voting polls are seriously flawed. Have you noticed with the exception of the Big 12 most of the other conferences "worst fan bases" are from the schools that play the best football?

USC has the worst Fans and Georgia and Florida (same conference, I know) have the worst fans as well.

That seems more of just like who do you hate more.

And obviously the people who voted Missouri as having nicer fans than Nebraska have never been to a Missouri game.

I didn't ever see that incident or hear about it, I musta been outta loop for that game.

Well, it was a Mizzou fan so no problem there. Guy probably mouthed off is my bet, but again, I wouldn't have minded if it was our guy taking the initiative!

Seems like some of the OU games gotta little testy back in the 70's but I don't remember any fights.

Sooners win the most obnoxious fight song award for the Big 12, maybe the whole country. Not even close. That's enough to make a guy throw some random punches right there.

The kid that was knocked out ran at the NU linbacker with his fists up and he was very drunk. This all came up because the NU player was brought up on charges for this. And probably should have been. Then again what kind of absolute moron runs at a college lvl athlete. Let alone a football player... with his gear on??? what an idiot. I remember this happining because that was the first time I heard officails talk about the law and the rules on the field after the games. You can actually be charged with criminal tresspassing if you rush the field after a game. It is illegal. Who knew......

Hopefully you guys can help me out here. I'm trying to get a good flavor for midwestern football, since we don't play teams from out there very often. I'm just wondering, in the opinion of Nebraska folks, what team that you play at least semi-regularly has the most obnoxious fans? My vote for down here, personally, is Georgia and Florida State. Marshall's were pretty bad too when they came to our place a while back. LSU's were pretty rude when we played them in a bowl several years ago.

No idea about LSU football fans, but as far as their baseball fans go, they are great. So if they have anything in common i'd have no problems with them

they are everywhere, there are even some husker bro's i can not stand, there is a line between being a great fan and being just plain dumb about it <_<

Quick question for you Huskers...

I think the general consensus from you guys is that Colorado fits into this obnoxious category. When you guys beat Colorado, do they constantly make excuses and continue to talk crap even after the game?

That's what we have to deal with here in SC with the Gamecocks, and that's what aggrivates the crap out of me.

they are everywhere, there are even some husker bro's i can not stand, there is a line between being a great fan and being just plain dumb about it <_<

Quick question for you Huskers...

I think the general consensus from you guys is that Colorado fits into this obnoxious category. When you guys beat Colorado, do they constantly make excuses and continue to talk crap even after the game?

That's what we have to deal with here in SC with the Gamecocks, and that's what aggrivates the crap out of me.

They only talk crap when they win, like about all our foes. They beat us once in a blue moon and suddenly they are the best team in the world. Otherwise they don't have much of a winning tradition to run much smack at us.