Coaches on Next Year's Hotseat...

Somehow I Think Dan Hawkins's days in Boulder are numbered. It'll be year 4 for him and he has a lousy, Callahan-like win loss record. look for the winds of change to start blowing in Boulder probably in October.

Who else do all of you think could be short timers?

Charlie Weiss may be down to his last chance at ND. I think everyone else in the Big 12 is safe aside from Hawkins.

Somehow I Think Dan Hawkins's days in Boulder are numbered. It'll be year 4 for him and he has a lousy, Callahan-like win loss record. look for the winds of change to start blowing in Boulder probably in October.

Charlie Weiss may be down to his last chance at ND. I think everyone else in the Big 12 is safe aside from Hawkins.

I agree with you about Weis but I think Sherman could be on the hotseat as well

You may be right - but bear in mind that a big part of the problem for the Buffs this year was injuries that just wouldn't quit. Damn near the entire offensive line - two deep - was injured for most of the year. Hard to generate an offense that way.

In fact, don't be surprised if Colorado has a pretty good year next year. They have an experienced quarterback (how good is another debate for another time), and there's just no way a team could have the kind of injuries that team had two years in a row. And Hawkins has been recruiting pretty well.

Let's put it this way - either Colorado "breaks through" next year (when there will be no excuses) or Hawkins will be gone. He can't afford just a so-so year.

You may be right - but bear in mind that a big part of the problem for the Buffs this year was injuries that just wouldn't quit. Damn near the entire offensive line - two deep - was injured for most of the year. Hard to generate an offense that way.

In fact, don't be surprised if Colorado has a pretty good year next year. They have an experienced quarterback (how good is another debate for another time), and there's just no way a team could have the kind of injuries that team had two years in a row. And Hawkins has been recruiting pretty well.

Let's put it this way - either Colorado "breaks through" next year (when there will be no excuses) or Hawkins will be gone. He can't afford just a so-so year.

Better circle that game on our calendars (shuddering- first time in my life I've EVER said that about Colorado!) .. The Buffs are bound to be on a mission. But even if he goes, say 8-4 or 7-5 I think he's in trouble. HAwkins needs a 9 win season and a really good bowl, IMO.

Weiss should have been gone THIS year....

Colorado could be a sleeping giant...which totally sucks monkey butt <_< The North does not look any brighter for NU anytime soon, and honestly I hope Snyder realizes the mistake he just made and retires again...Wiess i could care less, ND is a sinking ship that will not go to the bottom! And lets add the "NEW" Auburn coach to this list also, Chizick has not shot.

I agree with you about Weis but I think Sherman could be on the hotseat as well

Bill Byrne will give more than two seasons to Sherman unless he wins four games or less. Even four wins might buy him more time. Much to many Aggies' dismay.

First, Chizek was a dumb hire and after Auburn fired Tuberville, they deserve a dumb hire. ISU is a worse football team NOW than they were before Chizek came to town. Just because he was a good D-coord. doesn't make hima good coach (aka BC)....... Funny thing is, fans booed the AD when he got off of the plane after making the hire......heard an interview today that said approx. 90 % of all calls into radio stations after the hire were negative.........today things were a little better, but when you boo the AD for a hire, yes, Chizek is definately on the hotseat and so is the AD.

Ok fans "gasp" Turner Gill will be on the hot seat. Just signed an extension, if Buffalo slips next season he will no longer be the "next big thing" knocking on the door of major programs. Not denying his abilites as a leader and coach, but he has a lot of weight on his shoulders to continue to produce at Buffalo and I don't want to see him fail. The MAC is an up and down conference where any school can grab the title, even Solich had a shot at a MAC championship... <_<

Hawkins won't be on the hotseat till his kid graduates...then he'll be history. As for them being good next year...never happen. Look in the dictionary for the definition of "Under Achieve" and you'll find a picture of the Colorado football team.

I think most coaches in the B-12 are relatively safe. Could be rumblings at A&M if they falter at all. Everybody in the North besides Hawkins who might be vulnerable won't be because they are all still way too new to dump yet...though Snider might just decide he's too old for this crap and quit after the season ends. He should have a couple of assistants around to take over...

I know the coach at ISU is safe...because we don't have one. Matter of fact, we don't have any coordinators to promote either because Cheezhead demoted or fired them all before he left. Luckily he had a chance to call Phillip Bates and call him a quitter one more time before he quit and snuck out of town...

Do you mean like Ferentz(sp) at Iowa? I remember when he was once thought to be the best thing since beer in a can not only at the collegiate level but also the NFL.

Gill knows what he is doing, one great year at Buffalo does not mean "great" success anywhere else, he was smart to stay, but he is under the microscope now waiting to be dissected if Buffalo fails the next couple of seasons, and plus it seems like Gill is a low key guy and all the "new" attention he has been getting could be overwhelming. Would hate to see a guy like Gill brought in to a "big" school and get beat on of he doesn't produce a winner, he wouldn't deserve that.