EA NCAA Football: Clemson v Nebraska

Hey all,

So the following is a stupid story about the video game.

All season I've been avoiding my NCAA Football game (for some reason I think it's bad luck to play during the season - that obviously didn't matter this past season). So anyway, about 2 weeks ago I dust it off, and play for the first time since summer. Up first is Duke, and I notice I'm winding down the season ranked in the top 15 and have one loss (I didn't remember all of that from summer). So Duke nearly beats me, as they catch me dusting off the cobwebs, next up is USuCk, and I give them a thorough smackdown, then on to the ACC match up vs. Miami. Now keep in mind this whole time I haven't been paying attentions to anything else going on other than Clemson. See, my system is on the fritz, and is as slow as a turtle, so over the past few weeks, I wasn't paying attention to the other teams, rankings, heisman watch, other awards, etc....(just modifying my playbook from game to game).

So....This brings me to the point of the thread. After I beat Miami in the ACCCG, in OT, and I advance the week, I end up getting a bunch of awards, with the O-Line, my punt returner, RB, and SS....I then get invited to play in the Orange Bowl vs. #1 Nebraska. Now how cool (in the absolute dorkiest way) is that? It was getting late and I didn't feel like playing, but I did, how could I not, and ended up winning a hard fought battle. The final is slipping me now, but it was something like 31-28. It may have been more, I want to say I got a late TD so maybe it was 35-28 or something. Nonetheless it came down to the last few seconds of the 4th, and I thought it was cool that after not playing the game for so long, that it worked out that CU and Neb play in the NCG, at the Orange Bowl.

So have any of y'all matched the teams up via NCAA Football yet?

Yeah i played the matchup last week as NU of course and won 31-21. I tacked a FG on as time expired from about 40yds. I always set a spread for myself to cover and it was 7.5, so i had to tack it on otherwise i would have just kneeled it out. Other than that it was a pretty good game. I cant remember the exact stats but i know i was down 21-7 at the half and only got the 7 pts due to a kick-off return with about 20 sec remaining in the 1st half. After half, I changed up my defense and started blitzing more and got a couple 3 and outs and Helu went off for about 250 total yds.