Fun with Dan Hawkins

NUpolo8

The schedule works in our favor for next season. Sure there are games that we can argue over but we have quite a few home dates and some of our road games are very winnable. Hawk has stuck his neck out there so we shall see.

CSU-home (W)

Miami, OH-away (W)

Wyoming-home (W)

WVU-away potential (W) especially minus Pat White

Texas-away (L)

Kansas-home (W)

KSU-away (W)

Mizzou-home (W)

Texas A&M-home (W)

ISU-away (W)

Oklahoma State-away (L)

Nebraska-home (W)

Bowl Game-(W)

thanks, i needed a laugh. its fine to have confidence in youre team and all, but come on, this is like us saying nebraska plays for the NC next year. Kansas, No. WVU, No. NEB, No. and youre gonna have your hands full with mizzou, but i think you could pull it out. as they say, time will tell, but i wouldnt be running to vegas laying any cash on hawkins word, unless you like giving it away, and if thats the case, save yourself the trip just give it to me!

The schedule works in our favor for next season. Sure there are games that we can argue over but we have quite a few home dates and some of our road games are very winnable. Hawk has stuck his neck out there so we shall see.

CSU-home (W)

Miami, OH-away (W)

Wyoming-home (W)

Texas-away (L)

Kansas-home (W)

KSU-away (W)

Mizzou-home (W)

Texas A&M-home (W)

ISU-away (W)

Oklahoma State-away (L)

Nebraska-home (W)

Bowl Game-(W)

thanks, i needed a laugh. its fine to have confidence in youre team and all, but come on, this is like us saying nebraska plays for the NC next year. Kansas, No. WVU, No. NEB, No. and youre gonna have your hands full with mizzou, but i think you could pull it out. as they say, time will tell, but i wouldnt be running to vegas laying any cash on hawkins word, unless you like giving it away, and if thats the case, save yourself the trip just give it to me!

Well let's look at the Nebraska game then. You say no way do we beat you and I think we have a great chance. How many starters do you have returning as opposed to Colorado? Also considering the fact that this years CU team came within a 57 yard field goal of beating Nebraska in their own backyard I do not think that it is out of the question that I should count NU as an automatic loss and if you think I should then it is I that is laughing. Please if you are going to argue with me at least check your emotion at the door.

That team is going to need Peyton Manning himself to get 10 wins.

Hey jayhawk, what are you guys going to do for a running game next year? I don't think Sharp is going to get it done for you guys. You were much better last year with that Morrison tank.

Being optimistic is something I try for aswell. 10 wins even with that schedule would be very tough. 8 wins and I would consider that a very good year but heck its real early... Who knows..

I would be happy with 8, I was merely pointing out as to why Hawk is optimistic about next season. I think we all agree that going into Austin with McCoy and Shipley is probably an automatic loss as it will be with jst about every team in the conference next season. Let's face it, the Big 12 will still be won and lost between UT and OU.

Being optimistic is something I try for aswell. 10 wins even with that schedule would be very tough. 8 wins and I would consider that a very good year but heck its real early... Who knows..

I would be happy with 8, I was merely pointing out as to why Hawk is optimistic about next season. I think we all agree that going into Austin with McCoy and Shipley is probably an automatic loss as it will be with jst about every team in the conference next season. Let's face it, the Big 12 will still be won and lost between UT and OU.

Hard to say about OU. They lose some talent this season. I know they have talent to replace it but those players wont have the experience their current players do.

Texas will be a very tough game for anyone. We have OU next season at home... Better draw of the two IMO.

CSU-home (W)

Miami, OH-away (W)

Wyoming-home (W)

Texas-away (L)

Kansas-home (W)

KSU-away (W)

Mizzou-home (W)

Texas A&M-home (W)

ISU-away (W)

Oklahoma State-away (L)

Nebraska-home (W)

Bowl Game-(W)

You didn't include the Big 12 championship - so not counting CU, who do you have winning the North?

CSU-home (W)

Miami, OH-away (W)

Wyoming-home (W)

Texas-away (L)

Kansas-home (W)

KSU-away (W)

Mizzou-home (W)

Texas A&M-home (W)

ISU-away (W)

Oklahoma State-away (L)

Nebraska-home (W)

Bowl Game-(W)

You didn't include the Big 12 championship - so not counting CU, who do you have winning the North?

Good question, I think the only team you can really count out will be ISU other then that it may very well be wide open. I think the winner of the north will be the team that stays healthy because I think we will all do a damned good job of beating up on each other. I would like to see a strong north contender though, not a paper tiger waiting to get eaten by Texas or Oklahoma.

CSU-home (W)

Miami, OH-away (W)

Wyoming-home (W)

Texas-away (L)

Kansas-home (W)

KSU-away (W)

Mizzou-home (W)

Texas A&M-home (W)

ISU-away (W)

Oklahoma State-away (L)

Nebraska-home (W)

Bowl Game-(W)

Good question, I think the only team you can really count out will be ISU other then that it may very well be wide open. I think the winner of the north will be the team that stays healthy because I think we will all do a damned good job of beating up on each other. I would like to see a strong north contender though, not a paper tiger waiting to get eaten by Texas or Oklahoma.

I think that's a forgone conclusion. So, hey, why don't you guys be the sacrificial lamb next year? ;)

CSU-home (W)

Miami, OH-away (W)

Wyoming-home (W)

Texas-away (L)

Kansas-home (W)

KSU-away (W)

Mizzou-home (W)

Texas A&M-home (W)

ISU-away (W)

Oklahoma State-away (L)

Nebraska-home (W)

Bowl Game-(W)

I'm thinking you guys will win at least 8 or 9. Even though you do have KU at home, they might be a little hard to handle. However, if you beat KU and Mizzou I'd be willing to bet you win the North. CU was my darkhorse to win the North this year. The season started well for you guys until the injury bug bit nearly everyone on your team. Hawkins playing the youngsters like he has the past two seasons will pay off for you either in 09' or 10'.