Fun with Dan Hawkins

NUpolo8

So if anyone watched College Football Today on ESPN like I did, you saw the story where Hawkins proclaimed "10 wins or bust" in '09.

No word on what exactly what or who he will bust, but he said it nonetheless.

Given that CU has only won 10 games or more in a season I think 7 times, and that he has 13 career wins, my money is on "bust"

So if anyone watched College Football Today on ESPN like I did, you saw the story where Hawkins proclaimed "10 wins or bust" in '09.

No word on what exactly what or who he will bust, but he said it nonetheless.

Given that CU has only won 10 games or more in a season I think 7 times, and that he has 13 career wins, my money is on "bust"

Is this including their spring game, and skiing team?....cuz theres no way in hell they get 10 W's. I mean, c'mon, this is division 1 football, its the Big 12, this aint intramurals, brutha!!

The schedule works in our favor for next season. Sure there are games that we can argue over but we have quite a few home dates and some of our road games are very winnable. Hawk has stuck his neck out there so we shall see.

CSU-home (W)

Miami, OH-away (W)

Wyoming-home (W)

WVU-away potential (W) especially minus Pat White

Texas-away (L)

Kansas-home (W)

KSU-away (W)

Mizzou-home (W)

Texas A&M-home (W)

ISU-away (W)

Oklahoma State-away (L)

Nebraska-home (W)

Bowl Game-(W)

The schedule works in our favor for next season. Sure there are games that we can argue over but we have quite a few home dates and some of our road games are very winnable. Hawk has stuck his neck out there so we shall see.

CSU-home (W)

Miami, OH-away (W)

Wyoming-home (W)

Texas-away (L)

Kansas-home (W)

KSU-away (W)

Mizzou-home (W)

Texas A&M-home (W)

ISU-away (W)

Oklahoma State-away (L)

Nebraska-home (W)

Bowl Game-(W)

Oh, you think 11 wins eh? Don't expect much do ya? I don't see cu beating Mizzou. Not giving you that one. And I'm not giving you a W against NU either. Ya gotta work for that one. Right now Kansas is the favorite to win the division and WVU can be a stumbling block for you as well. That leave 6 regular season wins. Maybe you pull out one or two of these. Makes a best cast IMHO of 8. The CSU game could turn into a problem too I guess. Isn't that a rivalry game? rivalries can be tricky...

In the bowl...depends on who you draw.

CSU-home (W)

Miami, OH-away (W)

Wyoming-home (W)

Texas-away (L)

Kansas-home (W)

KSU-away (W)

Mizzou-home (W)

Texas A&M-home (W)

ISU-away (W)

Oklahoma State-away (L)

Nebraska-home (W)

Bowl Game-(W)

Oh, you think 11 wins eh? Don't expect much do ya? I don't see cu beating Mizzou. Not giving you that one. And I'm not giving you a W against NU either. Ya gotta work for that one. Right now Kansas is the favorite to win the division and WVU can be a stumbling block for you as well. That leave 6 regular season wins. Maybe you pull out one or two of these. Makes a best cast IMHO of 8. The CSU game could turn into a problem too I guess. Isn't that a rivalry game? rivalries can be tricky...

In the bowl...depends on who you draw.

Like I stated we can argue the games, but I do like the way our schedule plays out with a lot of our tougher opponents scheduled for home dates. I prefer our chances to playing Mizzou at home rather then Columbia and certainly I like our chances against you guys in Boulder as well.