Suh a first rounder?

I know I'll get crucified for this, but if he is a legitimate first rounder (i.e. that NFL find out what your worth thing-a-ma-jiggy that under classmen can do says he is) I think he should go ahead a declare himself eligible. A lot can happen in a year of football and it would be in his own best interest to get paid.

Whether some like to think this or not, I'm not saying you're this type of person, but a degree is more important to some people than money. A degree is very important to not only him, but his family. I can understand what you're saying, but it's fairly obvious that he's staying, but I've been surprised before.

I know I'll get crucified for this, but if he is a legitimate first rounder (i.e. that NFL find out what your worth thing-a-ma-jiggy that under classmen can do says he is) I think he should go ahead a declare himself eligible. A lot can happen in a year of football and it would be in his own best interest to get paid.

If it was me, I take the money. First rounders are guaranteed millionaires (signing bonus). You have to take that chance.

However, his parents are really big on education.

If it was me, I take the money. First rounders are guaranteed millionaires (signing bonus). You have to take that chance.

:yeah:yeah

but I think he stays.

:yeah:yeah

but I think he stays.

I think so too, based on the education factor. As I said, his parents are both intellectuals and put a lot in education.

If they are that big into education, and he wants to please them and truly wants to do the best thing for anyone (get his education !!!!....can never take that away)......... he could always work on his degree in the off-season, or after career...... If you have a chance to step right out of college and put millions of $$$ in the bank, compared to a degree, which can be attained at any time and AGE, he would be smart IMO to take the $$$ while it is there.

If he blows a knee or pulls a Herian, then he stuck with a degree, yes, but that degree, will probably never give him the financial security or advantage that he will get immediately.

Listen, I am a teacher for goodness sake, so I value education more than most, but if a kid gets a chance to put $$$ in the bank for him and his family.....go for it !!! Take a look around a college campus, a ton of "non-traditional" students (30's - 40's) and if he is only lacking a semester or so, easy to pick up..

As a football fan, obvioulsy I want him to stay, but put the goggles aside, and put yourself in his situation, and ask what would you do?

It does all depend on where he is projected.

But he did say he just wanted to see what the pros thought he needed to work on.

His parents are high on education, part of the reason he is at Nebraska in the first place...

McShay has him late first round as the 4th picked DT.

With another year of improvement, he could be early first round and first taken DT. Big $ difference........

Besides... He want's the HEISMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His junior year stats prove he's better than dorsey..............

one thing about suh that might sway him into coming back for his senior year is that education is important to him and his family...from what i heard, his parents are doctors so i don't think financially his family is in dire strait...on the other hand if he grades out well by nfl scouts then he might bypass his senior season

Anyone know what his major is?

I've never been much of a fan of the NFL..just watch occasionally if I notice a team with a former Husker playing..

But if it was anywhere else (Not the instate Husker team I always dreamed of playing for)..The smart thing would probably be to put part of your signing bonus in a special account earmarked for education (Yours and your kids).

And gobs of insurance for possible career ending injuries..

What protection does an NCAA athlete have?

I would love to see how much more improvement Suh could show with another year with this Defense..

May even be worth double his contract.