Should Bo be pissed at his salary?

Bo has no reason to be mad. None. He gets paid rather well for a first time Head Coach. If he keeps winning he will get more.

What was Stoops salary his first year?

How about Leach?

Pinkel?

The Fat Man?

This is his first year. If after actually wins something of substance and he is still making less then most of the Big 12 coaches then yes he should be upset. Until then he has no reason.

OK here's one you guys might relate to a little better.

You're a plumber for a plumbing co., and they pay you $20 per hour to go out and unplug toilets, and you can unplug with the best of 'em. But Johnny Turdtoter is paying his guys $40 per hour, and a few of them aren't quite as good at unplugging.

But shouldn't a guy be happy making $20 an hour? Isn't that enough to unplug a toilet?

You pissed?

Way to take it down to "our" level. :madash:moreinteresting

I read the Osborne take on Bo's salary, saying he can earn over $2 million a year, etc. in total $$ comp.

I'm good with that as long as we are competitive with the Big 12 elite in total $$ comp. If we are at the bottom of the pile, it seems like that would tend to wear on Bo after a while. And what happens when Notre Dame comes calling Pelini when Weiss gets canned with a $5 million a year offer?

Then Nebraska antes up another million or two, but Bo says "screw you...you should have treated me right in the first place."

Seems short sighted. Pay dude the market.

Then again, maybe he is paid market - it's hard to know for sure. His base is definitely down there at the bottom.

Thoughts?

Um, unless we win the Big 12 next year and go BCS bowling Notre Dame will not come a calling for Bo. I have no doubt big Charlie gets the axe. I'm thinking they're only giving him next year so they have more time to figure out how to get rid of him the cheapest. However, Notre dumb will be going after a much bigger name than Bo next year.

Before you can say Bo is being unfairly treated in terms of salary, where does he rank in pay in the Big 12? NU probably would rank 6th in the Big 12. Where does his salary rank in the Big 12? I honestly have no idea. How much money are other 8-4 coaches making?

I found a list of coaches salaries I thought you might be interested in. Granted these are a year old, but here goes and you tell me if Bo is underpaid.

Brian Kelley-Cincinnati(going to a BCS bowl) 835,000

Kyle Wittingham-Utah(going to a BCS bowl) 678,120

Chris Peterson-Boise State 881,000

Mike Gundy-Okie State 950,000

Mike Bellotti-Oregon 1,055,232

Brady Hoke-Ball State 169,634

Jeff Jagodzinski-Boston College 800,000

The reason I bring these names up is because I believe they all make less money than Bo. They all finished in the top 25 of the BCS ranking prior to the bowls. Now, who do you really think is underpaid?

No he shouldn't be pissed as he signed on and agreed to the compensation package. I see nothing wrong with a performance stacked contract and appraently neither did/ does Bo.

$1+ Million in Lincoln is more than a ton of money. If he wants to make more money then he should hit the incentives he agreed to.

Will Muschamp and the #50 defense Texas Longhorns gets 900K to be average on defense!

why are people even commenting on this insane thread? I call BS on the guy who says he makes $200M and then proceeds post a premise that could only be appreciated by people incarcerated for plagiarizing sponge bob quotes.

Then to make matters worse, an insult is thrown out to all plumbers of the world, because if this guy makes 200M per year, based on this one thread, my plumber deserves $500M

i think as a first year head coach $2 million doesnt sound bad at all. he was unproven at head coach and the university was taking a gamble, i dont see anything wrong with it. now if he goes out and continue to lead the program in an upward direction than a pay raise wouldnt seem a bad idea...GBR!

Bo has no reason to be mad. None. He gets paid rather well for a first time Head Coach. If he keeps winning he will get more.

What was Stoops salary his first year?

How about Leach?

Pinkel?

The Fat Man?

This is his first year. If after actually wins something of substance and he is still making less then most of the Big 12 coaches then yes he should be upset. Until then he has no reason.

I heard he was paid peanuts donuts

Edit - - > Bo doesn't need to pay 20% (?) to an agent. He and TO hammered out the contract themselves.