Pelini's pay

np_husker

Sipple is just reporting on this today yet the OWH reported on this last week? Way to stay current Steve.

I believe it is an opinion piece. Opinions don't have expiration dates. I'm also sure that it didn't take until last week for the OWH to figure out Bo is paid less than most other D-1 coaches.

I wonder what his next opinion piece be about - Roger Staubach winning the Heisman?

He signed a contract that he negoiated.

He has done nothing to justify a raise as far as I am concerned. His job is to win games, he won some of them, not all of them. He told us when he came we had the talent to win all the games. His words.

He beat absolutely no one of stature this year. Close only works truly in hand grenades. He got his ass beat badly twice.

Win the games, he will get a pay raise. Now he deserves nothing more than what he agreed to.

We got burnt on that with BC. Peformance first.

He signed a contract that he negoiated.

He has done nothing to justify a raise as far as I am concerned. His job is to win games, he won some of them, not all of them. He told us when he came we had the talent to win all the games. His words.

He beat absolutely no one of stature this year. Close only works truly in hand grenades. He got his ass beat badly twice.

Win the games, he will get a pay raise. Now he deserves nothing more than what he agreed to.

We got burnt on that with BC. Peformance first.

Nice post. Considering what you posted is pretty much the same as what I and others have stated in the first go around of this topic. Maybe.....just maybe, your post and message will sink in. I'm betting it won't but hoping it does. We'll soon see.

Sipple says

"Are major college football coaches generally overpaid? Not if the market determines otherwise."

So the market determines salaries, yet Pelini is underpaid? Isn't the market determining Pelini's salary?

Yeah, it may get bumped some, but I'd like to see a year or two more of success before doing that.

Ah well, I'd rather see articles suggesting he's underpaid rather than suggesting he should be fired, since the former means we are doing well. But Sipple and Pelini are buddies, so this piece seems a bit suspect to me on Sip's part.

just don't get all butt hurt b/c you got ripped on for saying pelini would possibly jump ship for OSU because we didnt pay him enough. the premise of your post was different than this article in that aspect also...

plus, taking a shot at the way the board is run was unnecessary at best.

I'm solemnly sorry and promise never to do this again. I am so ashamed. Where's my white Ford Bronco anyway? :clap

Sipple says

"Are major college football coaches generally overpaid? Not if the market determines otherwise."

So the market determines salaries, yet Pelini is underpaid? Isn't the market determining Pelini's salary?

Yeah, it may get bumped some, but I'd like to see a year or two more of success before doing that.

Ah well, I'd rather see articles suggesting he's underpaid rather than suggesting he should be fired, since the former means we are doing well. But Sipple and Pelini are buddies, so this piece seems a bit suspect to me on Sip's part.

What I truelly find ironic is how everyone wants to discuss how underpaid Bo is when we have right at 13 percent unemployment if you figure in those employed under duress (working 20 hours or less a week). How underpaid were the CEO's of Bear Sterns, Lehman Bros., GM, Ford, etc.? I'm sure the "market" determined their wages once upon a time as well. Crying over not getting enough salary right now with what's going on in the World seems almost criminal considering we're talking about over a million bucks!

Personal oppinion here.

There is not a single person in any sport worth anywhere near a million bucks no matter how good or good they could be.

It is a joke as far as I am concerned. They are playing a game, not defending our country, not educating our kids, not physically mending broken limbs or doing brain surgery.

Some where we got way out of line on these pay outs. It needs to stop.

I know a lot of people who are losing their homes, a lot of military kids that can never afford a home. Yet we can pay this player more than god makes and it is okay.

Sorry I just hate this out of line throw more money at them mentality.