Clemson's Superior Team Speed

teamster

The often repeated mantra coming from the Clemson sites in recent weeks has been about Clemson's superior team speed. They weren't ranked in the preseason top 10 based on no talent. What's your take on Clemson having more speed than that seen in the Big12? Fact or illusion? Do athletes from the southeast have more game speed than those from Texas or California? Doesn't make sense to me. They speak of their overall defensive speed and the speed of RB Spiller and receiver Ford. Sounds like Spiller is their version of our Helu.

The often repeated mantra coming from the Clemson sites in recent weeks has been about Clemson's superior team speed. They weren't ranked in the preseason top 10 based on no talent. What's your take on Clemson having more speed than that seen in the Big12? Fact or illusion? Do athletes from the southeast have more game speed than those from Texas or California? Doesn't make sense to me. They speak of their overall defensive speed and the speed of RB Spiller and receiver Ford. Sounds like Spiller is their version of our Helu.

It looks as though it's being often repeated here as well.

There is a tremendous amount of speed here, no doubt. Problem is, our speedy defense tends to get manhandled by power teams. On offense, there was a problem with finding a way to use that speed. So there's speed, but we just have to figure out how to use it.

There is a tremendous amount of speed here, no doubt. Problem is, our speedy defense tends to get manhandled by power teams. On offense, there was a problem with finding a way to use that speed. So there's speed, but we just have to figure out how to use it.

Our? We?

Anyway. It's late December. I would think the coaching staff should be able to figure it out by now.

maybe its just me and my Nebraska superiority complex, but after looking at several galleries of the clemson gator bowl practice, they look small. so, im guessing that translates into speed? or at least they hope it does? most the pics i saw of clemson had them looking leaner, whatever than a lot of the hulkin steak eaters we got thumpin around huskerland. i just hope it doesnt turn into a case of us trying to catch a mouse with a sledgehammer.

....or maybe i saw a gallery full of kickers, who knows

Our? We?

Anyway. It's late December. I would think the coaching staff should be able to figure it out by now.

Is there something wrong with me saying 'our' and 'we' in reference to the team I pull for?

The new staff has done much better getting the ball in the speedsters' hands, the old OC was too boneheaded to break away from his way.

Spiller's faster than Helu, but Helu is just as effective. Clemson is not faster than OU or TX.

I dunno, MIA had more speed than Cal and they lost. You gotta be able to play as a TEAM!

No doubt this will be a tough game, but I think it will come down to the QB position, where I think 'WE' have the edge.

We will all know by the end of the game, why burn energy trying to figure it out ahead of time.

We really don't have anything to base a guess on.

thats huskernation for ya...we got nothing else to do bud. its football 24/7. y'all got too many distractions out there, the coots, the panthers and how ever many other pro sports teams that are right nearby. ;)

We will all know by the end of the game, why burn energy trying to figure it out ahead of time.

We really don't have anything to base a guess on.

thats huskernation for ya...we got nothing else to do bud. its football 24/7. y'all got too many distractions out there, the coots, the panthers and how ever many other pro sports teams that are right nearby. ;)

I don't pull for the Panthers, the Braves, the Falcons, the Hawks, the Bobcats, or the Thrashers...

I'm all college all the time...

Clemson is not faster than OU or TX.

I dunno, MIA had more speed than Cal and they lost.

Clemson is the faster than OU and Texas, much faster actually.

Javid Best was the fastest player on the field in the Miami/Cal game and was difference maker.

Speed kills and this game concerns me because of that.

Clemson is not faster than OU or TX.

I dunno, MIA had more speed than Cal and they lost.

Clemson is the faster than OU and Texas, much faster actually.

Javid Best was the fastest player on the field in the Miami/Cal game and was difference maker.

Speed kills and this game concerns me because of that.

I doubt that Clemson is faster than TX and OU, but it it doesn't matter splitting hairs because ya gotta play as a team.

Cal just had a better team, but not by much.

I don't think Clemson's speed will be something we can't adapt to, we have some good team speed too. But I tend to think we play better as a team.