So Helu is Starting... Right?

I always tell my athletes that too many people put way too much emphasis on who "starts".....starting means nothing, it is who is in the game when it is crunch time. In NU's case, the "crunch time" back will be detemined by the situation. Watson will continue to use all 3 backs to try to highlight their strength.

One would guess that Helu will be our "feature" back, but I truly HOPE that Lucky "starts"......... I know I just said it means "nothing" as far as winning/losing or production, but it is a sign of RESPECT and the fact that he was unable to even play on senior day, I believe the staff should reward his career by at least letting him be on the field as the "starter".

I always tell my athletes that too many people put way too much emphasis on who "starts".....starting means nothing, it is who is in the game when it is crunch time. In NU's case, the "crunch time" back will be detemined by the situation. Watson will continue to use all 3 backs to try to highlight their strength.

One would guess that Helu will be our "feature" back, but I truly HOPE that Lucky "starts"......... I know I just said it means "nothing" as far as winning/losing or production, but it is a sign of RESPECT and the fact that he was unable to even play on senior day, I believe the staff should reward his career by at least letting him be on the field as the "starter".

Are you Dr. Lou?

I'm not Dr. Lou, but I am skinny, balding, and have big ears. I would really like to think that the "symbolism" of Lucky "starting" would have NO impact on winning. I don't think anyone suggested putting the game at risk. Unless he fumbles and they get a score and we lose by that margin, I'm not sure how Lucky getting the "repectful start" will cost us the game. Especially, since he has started most of the games this season. Not like Watson his pulling him up from 4th string.

Please tell me Helu is starting.. or I guess I should say our feature back... I've seen too much of him as of late to want Lucky back there. I would think it would be a bad move to have Helu on the sideline.

Even if both of those young men get about the same number or carries of yards versus Clemson, I think Roy deserves to start just because he was much more valuable to the team the second half of this season. Sure, Marlon needs to shine for NFL scouts, but this is NCAA football - not NFL-prep school.