niles paul

Sure, because he's the only player who ever had a bad game. Swift never dropped a punt or pass, ever. Suh looked like a lost cause last year, now he's one of the best d-lineman in the country.

Have faith and support Huskers till the end.

You can be honest and realistic, and still support The Huskers. In other words, Sunshine Pumping is not only wrong, it sucks. Real fans don't Sunshine Pump..

I forgot real fans talk s#$t about players that do things that they could never dream of. :sarcasm

I bet you thought Callahan was good for NU. I'm right - aren't I?

Not at all, just don't think it's appropriate to disguise bashing a player as being "honest and realistic". Are you honest and realistic about the shortcomings of your own life? Do you want it posted on a message board?

I love how if someone is positive and doesn't want to bash people for making a mistake when he was just trying to win a game for his team then he must have been a Callahan supporter :clap

It's clear he had a sh!tty game. How is mentioning this fact bashing him? Here, I'll help you out here - IT'S NOT!!!! It's only being realistic. Nothing more.....Nothing less.

Of course I responded to someone saying we should pull their scholarship, he wasn't just mentioning the fact he had a bad game. You were the one that responded to something that wasn't even directed at you.

Sure, because he's the only player who ever had a bad game. Swift never dropped a punt or pass, ever. Suh looked like a lost cause last year, now he's one of the best d-lineman in the country.

Have faith and support Huskers till the end.

You can be honest and realistic, and still support The Huskers. In other words, Sunshine Pumping is not only wrong, it sucks. Real fans don't Sunshine Pump..

I forgot real fans talk s#$t about players that do things that they could never dream of. :sarcasm

I bet you thought Callahan was good for NU. I'm right - aren't I?

Not at all, just don't think it's appropriate to disguise bashing a player as being "honest and realistic". Are you honest and realistic about the shortcomings of your own life? Do you want it posted on a message board?

I love how if someone is positive and doesn't want to bash people for making a mistake when he was just trying to win a game for his team then he must have been a Callahan supporter :clap

It's clear he had a sh!tty game. How is mentioning this fact bashing him? Here, I'll help you out here - IT'S NOT!!!! It's only being realistic. Nothing more.....Nothing less.

Of course I responded to someone saying we should pull their scholarship, he wasn't just mentioning the fact he had a bad game. You were the one that responded to something that wasn't even directed at you.

Actually I was only adding a realistic perspective to things. Too bad you missed that. Then you have a lot of experience with that - now don't you?

When a player begins to essentially pay for any of our jobs, then we can discuss this.

We as fans pour money into a program so guys like Niles can have a free education. Not only that, but travel to all parts of the country, get free gear, perks and everything else that comes with being an athlete.

Do you go to a game? Do you buy Nebraska merchandise? Do you watch on TV? If you do, then you are responsible for any of these guys having the opportunity they do.

I mean, if you do not want to be talked about, do not play. Just like when you play well, it will be good. But when you play bad, you get this as well. It's part of the territory.

But I fully expect you to come back and jump up someones rear when something good is said as well. Or are we only allowed to point out the good and never the bad? Is that how this whole being a "fan" works?

There's a vast difference between pointing out bad plays, and saying this kid sucks, pull his scholarship, and calling someone "not a fan" because they don't feel the need to be negative about someone who has more talent and ability then they could ever dream of.

Going by your theory, if and/or when you have kids, and my tax money and admission pays for his little league game I should be able to point out how much he sucks and it's okay? Should I scream from the stands and say he should be benched?

These kids for the most part are out there trying to work their butts off so drunk, washed up middle aged men can have something to cheer for. Also, somehow spending some money on a ticket or shirt gives them the right to think they are somehow entitled to be a complete prick about how a kid plays. Then they'll come on the message board and talk crap about it, when in real life if they ran into the kid they'd stutter and ask for an autograph or picture and then tell everyone about how they met him.

Take it easy boys. We just won a bowl game.

I agree. What all I and others are doing is being realisitc. It's the Randy Rah Rah's trying to tell others how to act and what to post that are taking this thread in the wrong direction.

But I hear you. Good call macroboy

Taking it in the wrong direction? The original post (obviously since edited) was talking about pulling his scholarship because of a bad game, so some of us decided to disagree. Then someone hopped into the thread to accuse us of "blowing sunshine". So who took it in the wrong direction?

I agree. What all I and others are doing is being realisitc. It's the Randy Rah Rah's trying to tell others how to act and what to post that are taking this thread in the wrong direction.

Taking it in the wrong direction? The original post (obviously since edited) was talking about pulling his scholarship because of a bad game, so some of us decided to disagree. Then someone hopped into the thread to accuse us of "blowing sunshine". So who took it in the wrong direction?

Do us, and especially yourself, a favor - let it go.

I'm scared now...really :sarcasm:w00t

No reason to be. I'm just trying to us and you, mostly us, a favor. Now go to bed as you need get up early to deliver papers on your paper route tomorrow morning.

That fumble on the punt return was huge. We had all the momentum, but gave all of it back on that one mistake.

Course, other players have made similar mistakes, including Nate Swift. I hope Niles turns it around and becomes a weapon defenses have to worry about.

No reason to be. I'm just trying to us and you, mostly us, a favor. Now go to bed as you need get up early to deliver papers on your paper route tomorrow morning.

All right - enough. For crying out loud, we just won a bowl game, we went 9-4, the future looks bright. Agree to disagree and move on, take it to the Woodshed, use the Ignore function - I don't care. But enough with the personal attacks and childish behavior.

When a player begins to essentially pay for any of our jobs, then we can discuss this.

We as fans pour money into a program so guys like Niles can have a free education. Not only that, but travel to all parts of the country, get free gear, perks and everything else that comes with being an athlete.

Do you go to a game? Do you buy Nebraska merchandise? Do you watch on TV? If you do, then you are responsible for any of these guys having the opportunity they do.

I mean, if you do not want to be talked about, do not play. Just like when you play well, it will be good. But when you play bad, you get this as well. It's part of the territory.

But I fully expect you to come back and jump up someones rear when something good is said as well. Or are we only allowed to point out the good and never the bad? Is that how this whole being a "fan" works?

There's a vast difference between pointing out bad plays, and saying this kid sucks, pull his scholarship, and calling someone "not a fan" because they don't feel the need to be negative about someone who has more talent and ability then they could ever dream of.

Going by your theory, if and/or when you have kids, and my tax money and admission pays for his little league game I should be able to point out how much he sucks and it's okay? Should I scream from the stands and say he should be benched?

These kids for the most part are out there trying to work their butts off so drunk, washed up middle aged men can have something to cheer for. Also, somehow spending some money on a ticket or shirt gives them the right to think they are somehow entitled to be a complete prick about how a kid plays. Then they'll come on the message board and talk crap about it, when in real life if they ran into the kid they'd stutter and ask for an autograph or picture and then tell everyone about how they met him.

LOL

You are comparing an 8 year old with a 20 year old man? I guess if a 1 year old is pooping his pants it is okay for a 20 year old to do the same. There is no comparison to even be made by what you are trying to compare. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Less than zero really.

And now you resort to that lame "well, you wouldn't say it to his face" shtick. Listen, if I am at my job and not producing, what will happen? My rear end is about to get chewed out by my boss. It doesn't matter if it's by an email, a phone call or face to face. Paul is out doing a job thanks to those "washed up middle aged men" putting money into his way of life. If not for those "washed up middle aged men" no one would know Niles Paul and no one would care. He would be another Joe Schmo like the rest of us.

While Niles continues to work in hopes he can make millions of dollars for playing a game, he better be kissing every "washed up middle aged men" and their butt for giving him the opportunity he has.

And again I will ask, will you be back around to jump on someone when they praise a player? Or is it that we are only allowed to talk well about a player, but never talk bad about him?

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Jan 1 2009, 09:44 PM) 403087[/snapback]

Niles is gonna be fine, he's just a kid. People make mistakes, and they learn from them.

He'll step right in to a starting WR role next year and have you a$$hole$ lovin him. Freakin chill out.

Your warning level has been increased for your violation of the Board's rules concerning personal attacks.

A second violation will result in a suspension.

A third violation will result in a ban.