niles paul

It's plane and simple the kid had a rough game, im sure he made some good blocks that we didnt see but the main thing is that we won the game

Yep, yep. I'm sure he will bounce back as well.

I just wish people would not be so quick to defend these guys regardless of how they perform. They deserve praise as well as the heat they get over time. We cannot be so quick to say that the players are off limits, unless they do well of course.

I doubt anyone even says anything if Paul has a below average game. He could have been Mike Smith and we likely let it slide. But it just shows how horrible Niles was today and he deserves every bit of criticism he gets.

The schollie pulling stuff was a bit much as I said before, but he deserved to be rotting on the bench all day.

Take it easy boys. We just won a bowl game.

I agree. What all I and others are doing is being realisitc. It's the Randy Rah Rah's trying to tell others how to act and what to post that are taking this thread in the wrong direction.

But I hear you. Good call macroboy

what makes you more realistic than others?

I think the whole offense besides Castille played like dog crap. We won the game because the defense and Alex Henery bailed out the lackluster performance by not only Niles Paul, but also by most Husker fans love muffin Joey Ganz. We won the game and finished 9-4 but if we wouldn’t have had 3 really bad turnovers this game wouldn’t have been close.

Yes I know I’m not giving Clemson any credit because they don’t deserve any. They were a bad football team that we should have and could have beaten by 14-20 points.

Niles Paul had a bad game, it happens but by no means was he the only one that did. So why is he the only one that gets singled out?

For the record I love the “just being realistic” versus “sunshine pumper” real fan arguments. Those always make my day.

Just to keep a thread full of husker on husker e-violence going.......

I'm sure that in film sessions Niles will get a more stern evalution of his performance than he got here (except maybe the scholly pulling).

Have you looked at any Clemson boards. They are KILLING their QB right now. ......and he did play a horrible game. He was so afraid of our d-line it was ridiculous.

Just to say something positive about Niles :), lets compare one portion of his year to an all american (kick returns)

Here's two players, Niles is first.

Returns Yards TD Avg

38 911 1 23.97

Here's the all american who plays in the Big 12 that many consider as one of the most dangerous players in the country (Maclin)

Returns Yards TD Avg.

41 987 1 24.07

That's not bad considering he is realistically a redshirt freshman who wasted his freshman year IMO.

Long story short, Niles will be fine, and will be a big part of NU's future.

Just to keep a thread full of husker on husker e-violence going.......

I'm sure that in film sessions Niles will get a more stern evalution of his performance than he got here (except maybe the scholly pulling).

Have you looked at any Clemson boards. They are KILLING their QB right now. ......and he did play a horrible game. He was so afraid of our d-line it was ridiculous.

they should be throwing their qb under the bus, his field decisions were often horrible.

as for Paul, he has a lot of growing up to do during the off season. if he is as good as they say he is, he will do just that, give him a little slack boys.

I think the whole offense besides Castille played like dog crap. We won the game because the defense and Alex Henery bailed out the lackluster performance by not only Niles Paul, but also by most Husker fans love muffin Joey Ganz. We won the game and finished 9-4 but if we wouldn’t have had 3 really bad turnovers this game wouldn’t have been close.

Yes I know I’m not giving Clemson any credit because they don’t deserve any. They were a bad football team that we should have and could have beaten by 14-20 points.

Niles Paul had a bad game, it happens but by no means was he the only one that did. So why is he the only one that gets singled out?

For the record I love the “just being realistic” versus “sunshine pumper” real fan arguments. Those always make my day.

You do know that 2 of those turnovers were really Niles' fault, correct? The obvious one being the fumble. The other being the INT before the half when he did not come back to the ball on his route. The CB has inside leverage on that route which means it is automatic that Niles comes back for that ball, but he did not. If Niles comes back for that ball like he is supposed to, it is either a completed pass or the CB runs through him for a DPI penalty. Niles stood there waiting for the ball to come to him, the CB jumps the route and Niles is standing there flat footed.

Plus it doesn't help his cause that he was the one who missed the block that got Helu decapitated and out for the game.

As I said before, you take Niles out of the game yesterday, no one notices. You take Ganz out, we do not even put a point on the board.

You do know that 2 of those turnovers were really Niles' fault, correct? The obvious one being the fumble. The other being the INT before the half when he did not come back to the ball on his route. The CB has inside leverage on that route which means it is automatic that Niles comes back for that ball, but he did not. If Niles comes back for that ball like he is supposed to, it is either a completed pass or the CB runs through him for a DPI penalty. Niles stood there waiting for the ball to come to him, the CB jumps the route and Niles is standing there flat footed.

Plus it doesn't help his cause that he was the one who missed the block that got Helu decapitated and out for the game.

As I said before, you take Niles out of the game yesterday, no one notices. You take Ganz out, we do not even put a point on the board.

Agreed on coming back for the ball, but Joe did lock onto him from the snap and made a bad decision to throw that ball, and he should have thrown it short and to Niles left shoulder on the sideline rather than leave it on his right shoulder where it was easy pickings. Put it there and the worst that happens is an incompletion, put it where he did, and we see what happened.

Did Helu get knocked out concussion or was it his knee? He carried the ball the play after that hit, and also later on in the half. My understanding is he was having issues with his knee prior to the game, not that he was knocked silly?