Ganz's tackle on INT return

i never really liked Ganz, he made alot of mental mistakes during alot of his games and it always seemed that it took him nearly a half to get in the groove of things are start settling in.

:blink::blink:

I don't know how anyone can not like Joe Ganz.

Neither can I. Nebraska hasn't seen a lot of passing quarterbacks and thats a big reason why we'll always remember the Zac Taylors and Joe Ganz's. Not to mention BOTH of them had a ton of heart and left it all on the field.

i never really liked Ganz, he made alot of mental mistakes during alot of his games and it always seemed that it took him nearly a half to get in the groove of things are start settling in.

Ganz had his fair share of mental mistakes, like his pick at Texas Tech, but if it wasnt for him, we would of never been in that game in the first place. Well Joe doesnt rank amongst my top few huskers like Frazier or Gill, Ganz will always be a true husker because of the amount of heart he had. Joe was a gamer. :)

I went to a meaningless pre-season game (aren't they all) between the San Francisco 49ers and Dallas, when Steve Young was running the team in place of Joe Montana. Young has the Niners down to the Dallas 10 and lines them up wide right, then throws a little flare to the left. Dallas DB reads it all the way, intercepts in stride and takes off with 90 yards of wide open space for the touchdown.

Except here comes Steve Young from the far side of the field, finding the angle and sprinting like mad. The crowd goes wild. He's actually catching up to the guy....and dragging him down from behind a good 15 yards from the end zone.

I don't even remember if Dallas scored. And like I said, the whole game was meaningless. But it remains one of the most impressive mental and physical displays I've ever seen a quarterback put on.

For what it's worth, Ganz is taller than Steve Young.

I went to a meaningless pre-season game (aren't they all) between the San Francisco 49ers and Dallas, when Steve Young was running the team in place of Joe Montana. Young has the Niners down to the Dallas 10 and lines them up wide right, then throws a little flare to the left. Dallas DB reads it all the way, intercepts in stride and takes off with 90 yards of wide open space for the touchdown.

Except here comes Steve Young from the far side of the field, finding the angle and sprinting like mad. The crowd goes wild. He's actually catching up to the guy....and dragging him down from behind a good 15 yards from the end zone.

I don't even remember if Dallas scored. And like I said, the whole game was meaningless. But it remains one of the most impressive mental and physical displays I've ever seen a quarterback put on.

For what it's worth, Ganz is taller than Steve Young.

Young is 6' 2", Ganz is 6' 1".