DT George Uko

Ohio Pete

hes not coming to nebraska, i wrote him a message on myspace. lol i know hes not, hes a cocky guy, wants to go somewhere big, not a "corn-only" place.. . we can forget about him, no use in wasting out time

Are you tring to get the Huskers an NCAA violation you are not to contact possible recruits.

:yeah

Message from the Nebraska Athletic Department Compliance Staff:

On behalf of the University of Nebraska student-athletes, we are so thankful to have your support as we continue to build championship teams in every sport.

Because of the ease in which people communicate online with each other today, we thought an educational message is appropriate to clear up any confusion that exists about contacting recruits.

NCAA rules and regulations are complex to say the least, but one area that is completely straightforward is fan communication with recruits. If any fans, boosters, alumni (or any other supporters) of Nebraska has any contact (e.g., in-person, instant message, text message, e-mail, fax, etc.) whatsoever with a recruit there are could be serious consequences such as:

The University of Nebraska would have an NCAA violation to report to the NCAA enforcement staff;

The recruit would become ineligible to participate in athletics at Nebraska, and before any of our coaches could continue to contact the recruit, we would have to rule him/her ineligible and then seek reinstatement through the NCAA office; and

The fan/booster/alumni involved could jeopardize their standing with the University of Nebraska athletic department.

We know that fans of Nebraska are the most dedicated and supportive in the country so please if you have any questions about NCAA rules, contact our office at anytime at 402.472.2042 or e-mail compliance@huskers.com

Thank you for helping Nebraska Athletics stand by our building blocks of TRADITION, TEAMWORK, and INTEGRITY.

Josh White

Director of Compliance

University of Nebraska

thats nice to know, another cool thing i take back what i said about him, i talked to him on myspace again LAST night, and he told me about the usc offer BUT that doesnt mean hes not coming to nebraska, he said hes lookin at everybody... and he said some guy annoys him everyday about oregon.. but ok how are they going to find out that i talked to him, im not tellin the guy to come to nebraska i just want to talk to him, like someody up top said a big part of recruiting is the fan base. hes a cool dude thought, i am totally sorry for what i said about him earlier, hes a cool guy, he knows hes blessed and isnt an a$$ about it.

thats nice to know, another cool thing i take back what i said about him, i talked to him on myspace again LAST night, and he told me about the usc offer BUT that doesnt mean hes not coming to nebraska, he said hes lookin at everybody... and he said some guy annoys him everyday about oregon.. but ok how are they going to find out that i talked to him, im not tellin the guy to come to nebraska i just want to talk to him, like someody up top said a big part of recruiting is the fan base. hes a cool dude thought, i am totally sorry for what i said about him earlier, hes a cool guy, he knows hes blessed and isnt an a$$ about it.

Well, for one, you just told everyone on a public forum.

I mean...seriously man.

I mean...seriously man.

This is an internet message board for one of the most popular college football teams in America..."nobody" reads, or visits, this site.

:dumdum

Reminds me of the guy who posted a "420" ad on craigslist then then was surprised he was busted by the police.

:laughpound

I mean...seriously man.

I'm sure he doesn't tell people that an annoying guy Doesn'T bug him about coming to Nebraska everyday. Thanks buddy. Fanatic.

I mean...seriously man.

well i highly doubt the nebraska football coaches would be reading this, all us fans, yes, nebraska coaches, very unlikely. thats why. i mean idc, i talked to him, hes a really cool guy, likes to talk to people

I mean...seriously man.

I'm sure he doesn't tell people that an annoying guy Doesn'T bug him about coming to Nebraska everyday. Thanks buddy. Fanatic.

and no your right, he doesnt tell people that, because i never said anything to him about how he should come play ball at nebraska, that in my mind would only make the huskers look annoying in his eyes. but he is more than most likely going somewhere bigger than UN

Hope you're not seriously doing this.

Message from the Nebraska Athletic Department Compliance Staff

which partially states...

NCAA rules and regulations are complex to say the least, but one area that is completely straightforward is fan communication with recruits. If any fans, boosters, alumni (or any other supporters) of Nebraska has any contact (e.g., in-person, instant message, text message, e-mail, fax, etc.) whatsoever with a recruit there are could be serious consequences such as:

The University of Nebraska would have an NCAA violation to report to the NCAA enforcement staff;

The recruit would become ineligible to participate in athletics at Nebraska, and before any of our coaches could continue to contact the recruit, we would have to rule him/her ineligible and then seek reinstatement through the NCAA office; and

The fan/booster/alumni involved could jeopardize their standing with the University of Nebraska athletic department.

Well, with that being said, with those rules how are they allowed to attend games? After all, they are having contact with alot of fans, especially on their walk to the stadium. I'm sure the rules are MUCH more complex than are stated.

Well, with that being said, with those rules how are they allowed to attend games? After all, they are having contact with alot of fans, especially on their walk to the stadium. I'm sure the rules are MUCH more complex than are stated.

yeah very good point. i still dont understand why people think im trying to "recruit" this guy to UN. i simply asked him what he thought about a few colleges, he likes USC n Tennessee is tight to him. NEVER did i ask him over IM hey man will you come to nebraska or please check us out. nor did i ask him what he thinks about nebraska. all of a sudden im a dang crook for talkin to this kid. they have to say this rule so that they dont get money or gifts for recruitment. im one of the hundreds and hundreds of people thats talked to him, im sure people reading this have asked him if he likes UN. get outa here

yeah very good point. i still dont understand why people think im trying to "recruit" this guy to UN. i simply asked him what he thought about a few colleges, he likes USC n Tennessee is tight to him. NEVER did i ask him over IM hey man will you come to nebraska or please check us out. nor did i ask him what he thinks about nebraska. all of a sudden im a dang crook for talkin to this kid. they have to say this rule so that they dont get money or gifts for recruitment. im one of the hundreds and hundreds of people thats talked to him, im sure people reading this have asked him if he likes UN. get outa here

Because it's ANY contact.

• 4 weeks later...

George Uko (Chino, Calif./Don Lugo) had a plan to take his official visits in the fall and then make a commitment sometime during the season. Those plans have changed and his decision will now come much sooner.

"I plan on committing in August now," Uko said. "I think I might still take my visits just for the experience but I have a good idea of where I want to go right now. My top five schools right now are Tennessee, Cal, Oklahoma, USC and Oregon."

Uko said he doesn't plan to narrow his list down to a final two or three but will just pick from his final five. He has yet to visit Oklahoma or Tennessee unofficially and said he doesn't plan to before making his decision so it appears the three Pac 10 schools could be in the drivers seat.

"I don't know about that but I guess you could kind of say that," Uko said. "I had a good time visiting all three schools and would fit in well at each of them. Like I said, I have one school in mind right now but I'm just going to sit on it for awhile and make sure I'm doing the right thing."

Uko had a big spring during which his stock sky rocketed. He had a standout showing at the SoCal NIKE Camp back in April and was dominant at team camps at UCLA and USC where both Pac 10 schools offered scholarships.

Link