QB Robert Bolden

• 3 weeks later...

So with Gardner to Michigan, is Bolden pretty much open right now?

Would seem he's looking to be appointed starter by some team:

(free Scout) Bolden, ranked as Scout.com’s No. 8 quarterback nationwide, says he now has 16 scholarship offers and continues to deny a leader. “I’m in the process of narrowing down my list,” he said. “I should have a top five by the end of April.”

Although Bolden remains wide open, he says he knows what he’s looking for in a program. “I want to go where they have an offense that fits me and where I can play,” he said. “I’m not gonna go where they are recruiting two or three quarterbacks and have a bunch of guys already.

“I want to be able to play early,” he said. “So I’ll definitely be checking out the depth charts.”

sounds like he doesn't like competition? wherever he goes, there is already going to be someone in the system, playing well....grow up kid, go somewhere and compete and EARN the starting job.

Well there are two ways to look at this...

One way is, as you said above, that he doesn't want competition which means that he'll be, as he said, be checking the rosters.

Another way to look at it is he's a player and he wants to play.

Side note: It seems like very few kids nowadays, especially these high profile recruits, are willing to, a] wait their turn or b] win the job via competition.

He may still be interested in us. Lee will be a senior next year which leaves Green and Spano after that.

Spano is nothing special. Green maybe, but we don't that for sure yet.

Most schools, especially the top programs, are going to have something on their depth charts. I have a hard time believing he'd find a much better situation playing time wise that what we offer, unless he's looking at an ISU, Northwestern, etc.

The danger for him would be to come here and find out that Green is really something special. That would put him on the pine for a long time.

He may still be interested in us. Lee will be a senior next year which leaves Green and Spano after that.

Spano is nothing special. Green maybe, but we don't that for sure yet.

Most schools, especially the top programs, are going to have something on their depth charts. I have a hard time believing he'd find a much better situation playing time wise that what we offer, unless he's looking at an ISU, Northwestern, etc.

The danger for him would be to come here and find out that Green is really something special. That would put him on the pine for a long time.

Really? You know this based off of his red shirt year when you probably never saw him take one snap? Wow, quick to jump to conclusions.

In that sense, we never “know” anything for sure.

I’m not saying he can’t develop into a good QB, like Ganz and Taylor did. But I don’t see him being the special kind of player like Tebow, Bradford or McCoy. If it were to happen, it would I think it would be a surprise to everyone at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...