NU to the Big 1O?

1. Cornell is not as good as Dartmouth, hence its reputation as the "easy Ivy" (not a US NEWS term by the way). Both are jokes of the Ivy League however.

BS. I graduated from Cornell. Stop talking about sh!t you know nothing about.

Yeah, I thought Penn was the joke of the Ivy League.

Anyway, the rankings very much do matter to the kids that apply to those schools, and they very much matter to schools like Cal and Michigan, and academics do go into consideration when conferences are considering new members. Now do they look at the ratings? I don't know but they certainly consider the school's academic reputation among many other things.

BS. I graduated from Cornell. Stop talking about sh!t you know nothing about.

andy.jpg

"I got so drunk I puked all over everything. My friends called me 'Pukey.' I would have gotten expelled except I didn't let it affect my grades. I aced everything. My friends called me 'Ace.' I got straight B's. My friends called me 'Buzz.'"

Leave the Huskers in the Big 12. Perhaps Nebraska-Omaha (UNO) should move up and play in the Big 10. Their Hockey team plays in the CCHA which has many of the Big 10 teams in it. If they can compete with Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, etc in hockey then they should be able to compete in football. <sarcasm>

Kevin

Leave the Huskers in the Big 12. Perhaps Nebraska-Omaha (UNO) should move up and play in the Big 10. Their Hockey team plays in the CCHA which has many of the Big 10 teams in it. If they can compete with Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, etc in hockey then they should be able to compete in football. <sarcasm>

Kevin

That would be cool if UNO played in the Big 10. That way Nebraska would have championships in both conferences.

regardless the insanity of this thread (i guess that what makes it so much fun :dumdum ), if anyone ever leaves the Big 12, first in line running for teh door would be Colorado for the Pac 10 if and when it decides to sack up and become a real conference by having a championship game.

they considered it 13 years ago, however now it seems like adding Utah and BYU would be more of a natural fit in terms of geography. In addition, that would also keep the in-state rivalry thing they've got going on amongst the conference (Arizona-ASU, UCLA-USC, Oregon-Oregon St., etc.). Wouldn't Utah want to bolt after this season as it is?

Now, if the Pac-10 or Big 10 ever added teams, they would be forcing a conference championship game. Because of the Rose Bowl, neither conference would develop such a game without the other doing so. Thus coming back to the question as to who would the Big 10 add? Notre Dame will never affiliate with a conference, so long as it get millions from NBC. Missouri brings population, recruitng geography and money. And they are seriously disadvantaged when compared to the Texas schools in the Bg 12.

here's a few links:

link

link

link

actually notre dame is a member of the big east for everything but football (they are independent) so the big east would make sense for them if they were to ever join a conference.

i think it would be a great move for us especially if they split it up between east and west. texas was and is a horrible selection for the big 12 and they basically run the whole conference, ie. when is the next time the championship game going to be in the north? ponder that and then think about the big 10. i love the idea. :horns2

It was in the North this year... I think if Nebraska went to the Big 10 it would be about cowardice, that they could not beat UT and OU. That said, I don't think Nebraksa is afraid to compete, respects tradition and is actually pretty far from most Big 10 sites. Husker ain't goin nowheres....