Could Tebow start for Nebraska?

He could start at nearly any NFL franchise he wants too, course he'd a been the starter here.

He could run this offense better than Ganz?

Well, that's a valid question. They don't seem to pass as much @ FL but as far as I can tell Tebow is a good passer. He gets some criticism in that regard but I think he can pass. Has a stronger arm than Ganz.

Very good runner but NE hasn't had as good an O-line as FL.

Overall I say yes, sure, w/o a doubt he could start for NE and do better than Ganz. His big time intangibles and athleticism make him a huge asset for any team.

But if Joey was a 3-4 year starter there are not too many other players I can see doing much better than him in our system.

(I just realized I said that FL doesn't pass as much as NE--my how things have changed).

'Could Tebow start for Nebraska?' is the title of the thread, how does that not address the point?

Because those two statements have absolutely no correlation to starting for Nebraska. Jamal Lord? Cool, but what does that have to do with now? Iowa State? Neat, but what does that have to do with us?

Nothing. It's pretty easy to "win" an argument using logical fallacies.

most of them are just stumbling around the point of the thread because they dont want to go against what the media has brainwashed them to believe.

Tebow is average at best yet some people cant see it because they only look at stats they do not actually watch him.

That is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever read.

I hate to break everybody's hard on for Joe Ganz, but he is average at best. Seriously, you guys don't think Tebow is a better player than Ganz in college?

This is asinine. Do you think Eric Crouch would start if he were at NU right now? How about, as Guy put it, Tommie Frazier? If you say that Tebow wouldn't excel in this offense then they wouldn't, and that is just plain retarded.

Take off the rose colored glasses, put down the Kool-Aid. I liked watching Ganz, and it sucks not to have him anymore, but let's not make the guy out to be Joe Montana, Brett Favre, and Johhny Unitas all rolled into one.

Ganz is a hard worker, a leader, but he's not even top 5 all time at NU (Frazier, Crouch, Gill, Frost, Tagge, S. Taylor, Humm, Ferragamo). No way Ganz is better than Tebow, no matter the offense.

All that being said, I hate Tim Tebow with an unbrideled passion that burns hotter than the hellfire and brimstone commanded by Satan himself.

Frankly no i do not think any of eric crouch tommie frazier or tim tebow. we run a pass offense, they are/were running qbs. have you even watched any of our games this past season? how would you even think that any of them would thrive in a passing offense.

after calling my post "ignorant", you went on to prove why you are incorrect. the pros that you compared ganz to were all, well pros.....and some of the best of all time. saying that ganz is not top 5 all time at NU is inaccurate ass well. you are comparing mostly running qbs to a mostly passing qb that ganz is heads and shoulders above when it comes to passing. but yes you are correct that these running qbs are better runners than ganz.

the thread that was started basically asked "would tebow start over ganz in THIS offense?" not "which player would you rather have?" we pass the ball more than we run the ball and after just watching both passing the ball again ganz is still who i would choose to start in THIS offense.

when watching tebow the only thing that i see that makes me think that he is slightly above average is his ability to lower his shoulder and break one or two tackles and even then he is not a shifty runner and he is not going to make you miss him with his agility. everything else about him is average at best, he does not read through his progressions well, he is a bad passer, he keys in on his receiver as soon as he gets the ball in his hands.........need i go on?

just watch him and you will see it.

The reason why your comment, post, and understanding of THIS OFFENSE is ignorant is because the west coast offense and the spread offense, not to mention this cooridinator, adapt to the personnel you have. They don't force a square peg into a round hole. That is why Tebow would be better than Ganz in this offense, because it would adapt for him and his strengths. Strengths that, frankly, fit the midwest and the wind and cold better than slinging the ball all over the place.

Also, I made the point about the pro QB because some are overrating Mr. Ganz a little bit. I purposely picked the three best of all time. Like I have said before, he was fun to watch and won some games for us and I wish we had him another year but he is not an all time great here where Tim Tebow would be.

All this and I don't even like the guy, I agree with your assesment of his passing ability. You are overlooking the fluidity of the offense Nebraska runs now and thus dismissing Tebow's talents in a run spread offense which Watson would run to take advantage of said talents.

I know you don't like Tebow, and he isn't going to be a good pro QB. That much is true, but don't allow that to skew your judgement on his ability to be an excellent college QB. That is why I compared him to Crouch and Frazier, they were recruited for an offense and did nothing but win championships and awards. Just like Tebow.

first of all, i never said i disliked tebow. i neither like or dislike him. you are not reading the original question. would tebow be as good as ganz in this offense? not a modified offense and certainly not a spread offense which is definitely not the same offense as we run. of course tebow would be better in a spread option offense than ganz would, he is an option style qb. ganz is a pass first run second type of qb.

how can you honestly say that tebow would execute better than ganz did in our pass oriented offense? the numbers do not lie and ganz is a better passer. on top of that tebows 3.8 yds per carry is not exactly impressive to me. In 1992 frazier rushed for 4.6 yards per carry, in 1993 frazier rushed for 5.6 yds per carry, in 1994 frazier rushed for 7.5 yds per carry, and in 1995 frazier rushed for 6.2 yards per carry. after that history lesson, please tell me what is so impressive about tebows 3.8 yds per carry ( in a spread option offense where it is easier to run as the line splits are wider).

have you watched a tebow game other that this years MNC?

'Could Tebow start for Nebraska?' is the title of the thread, how does that not address the point?

Because those two statements have absolutely no correlation to starting for Nebraska. Jamal Lord? Cool, but what does that have to do with now? Iowa State? Neat, but what does that have to do with us?

Nothing. It's pretty easy to "win" an argument using logical fallacies.

most of them are just stumbling around the point of the thread because they dont want to go against what the media has brainwashed them to believe.

Tebow is average at best yet some people cant see it because they only look at stats they do not actually watch him.

That is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever read.

I hate to break everybody's hard on for Joe Ganz, but he is average at best. Seriously, you guys don't think Tebow is a better player than Ganz in college?

This is asinine. Do you think Eric Crouch would start if he were at NU right now? How about, as Guy put it, Tommie Frazier? If you say that Tebow wouldn't excel in this offense then they wouldn't, and that is just plain retarded.

Take off the rose colored glasses, put down the Kool-Aid. I liked watching Ganz, and it sucks not to have him anymore, but let's not make the guy out to be Joe Montana, Brett Favre, and Johhny Unitas all rolled into one.

Ganz is a hard worker, a leader, but he's not even top 5 all time at NU (Frazier, Crouch, Gill, Frost, Tagge, S. Taylor, Humm, Ferragamo). No way Ganz is better than Tebow, no matter the offense.

All that being said, I hate Tim Tebow with an unbrideled passion that burns hotter than the hellfire and brimstone commanded by Satan himself.

Frankly no i do not think any of eric crouch tommie frazier or tim tebow. we run a pass offense, they are/were running qbs. have you even watched any of our games this past season? how would you even think that any of them would thrive in a passing offense.

after calling my post "ignorant", you went on to prove why you are incorrect. the pros that you compared ganz to were all, well pros.....and some of the best of all time. saying that ganz is not top 5 all time at NU is inaccurate ass well. you are comparing mostly running qbs to a mostly passing qb that ganz is heads and shoulders above when it comes to passing. but yes you are correct that these running qbs are better runners than ganz.

the thread that was started basically asked "would tebow start over ganz in THIS offense?" not "which player would you rather have?" we pass the ball more than we run the ball and after just watching both passing the ball again ganz is still who i would choose to start in THIS offense.

when watching tebow the only thing that i see that makes me think that he is slightly above average is his ability to lower his shoulder and break one or two tackles and even then he is not a shifty runner and he is not going to make you miss him with his agility. everything else about him is average at best, he does not read through his progressions well, he is a bad passer, he keys in on his receiver as soon as he gets the ball in his hands.........need i go on?

just watch him and you will see it.

The reason why your comment, post, and understanding of THIS OFFENSE is ignorant is because the west coast offense and the spread offense, not to mention this cooridinator, adapt to the personnel you have. They don't force a square peg into a round hole. That is why Tebow would be better than Ganz in this offense, because it would adapt for him and his strengths. Strengths that, frankly, fit the midwest and the wind and cold better than slinging the ball all over the place.

Also, I made the point about the pro QB because some are overrating Mr. Ganz a little bit. I purposely picked the three best of all time. Like I have said before, he was fun to watch and won some games for us and I wish we had him another year but he is not an all time great here where Tim Tebow would be.

All this and I don't even like the guy, I agree with your assesment of his passing ability. You are overlooking the fluidity of the offense Nebraska runs now and thus dismissing Tebow's talents in a run spread offense which Watson would run to take advantage of said talents.

I know you don't like Tebow, and he isn't going to be a good pro QB. That much is true, but don't allow that to skew your judgement on his ability to be an excellent college QB. That is why I compared him to Crouch and Frazier, they were recruited for an offense and did nothing but win championships and awards. Just like Tebow.

first of all, i never said i disliked tebow. i neither like or dislike him. you are not reading the original question. would tebow be as good as ganz in this offense? not a modified offense and certainly not a spread offense which is definitely not the same offense as we run. of course tebow would be better in a spread option offense than ganz would, he is an option style qb. ganz is a pass first run second type of qb.

how can you honestly say that tebow would execute better than ganz did in our pass oriented offense? the numbers do not lie and ganz is a better passer. on top of that tebows 3.8 yds per carry is not exactly impressive to me. In 1992 frazier rushed for 4.6 yards per carry, in 1993 frazier rushed for 5.6 yds per carry, in 1994 frazier rushed for 7.5 yds per carry, and in 1995 frazier rushed for 6.2 yards per carry. after that history lesson, please tell me what is so impressive about tebows 3.8 yds per carry ( in a spread option offense where it is easier to run as the line splits are wider).

you are not reading the original question. would tebow be as good as ganz in this offense? not a modified offense and certainly not a spread offense which is definitely not the same offense as we run. of course tebow would be better in a spread option offense than ganz would, he is an option style qb. ganz is a pass first run second type of qb.

Actually that's not the original question. It was whether Tebow could start for Nebraska. Him or Ganz. Period.

Callahan isn't our coach anymore. We'd adjust our offense to accommodate a star.

please tell me what is so impressive about tebows 3.8 yds per carry ( in a spread option offense where it is easier to run as the line splits are wider).

Have you watched a Tebow game? What kind of carries is he making? He's like a short yardage fullback on a lot of his carries. An effective one at that.

Who had the higher QB rating last year? I guess the excuse will be that the spread offense is easier to pass from. We must be idiots for not running the spread if it's easier to run from and easier to pass from.