Could Tebow start for Nebraska?

Tebow is good enough to make iowa state an average team.

I think this is actually true. Tebow is a force, even on his own.

And Tebow is not bringing it on his own, truly ever.

He brings in addition

1) his Churk Norris Aura (good thing)

2) The Lord (A good thing)

3) Erin Andrews (Decide for yourself!)

4) THe overwhelming man love / homer love of all announcers (a VERY TIRESOME THING)

The guy is a one man army.

Jammal Lord started for Nebraska... So yeah, I'd say he could.

Tebow is good enough to make iowa state an average team.

Of the 90+ posts in this thread, about 5 actually adress the point. B-rent, newearth, and I seem to be on the same page here. These two, could not get further from that.

The answer is simple enough that I doubt you need more than 5 posts to address it...But I'll try..

i think some of you guys have gotten TEBOWNERS watching the espn lovefest with the guy. he is not nearly as good as many of you think. and yes i do agree that he would be around 4th best qb in the big 12 at best.

he plays in a conference with no other great qbs....OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO LOOK ALL HOLY.

What about (Ol') Miss Jevan Snead?

Probably the most accurate passer I've ever seen.

I bet he starts in the NFL within a couple years.

To try to further answer the original Question.

There's only a few reasons I feel Tebow would have trouble jumping right in and starting over Ganz.

The main one being the difficulty of having to learn our playbook overnight..He's need an even longer wrist pad to write everything on.

Human nature is funny..

Here's a guy that's the old ideal of the "All American Kid" and doesn't get into trouble, is respectful of others, gets good grades, and even Superman wears his jammies...

Yet just because all the hype he gets from the media, a large number of you spend way too much time looking for flaws.

As it is..I doubt he has much more success in the NFL than Cordell Stewart did at Pitt...But it would sure be interesting if an NFL team did take a chance, and change their Offense around to fit his qualities and had some success for a couple of seasons..Perhaps paving the way for more Tommie Fraziers or Eric Crouch's of the College game.

Make him a throwing Tight End that occaisionally lines up at Fullback and kills on special teams.

His individual skills taken out of context probably aren't that great..His skill in running has more to do with his patience for the line to do it's work..he looks faster than me..but that's about it..doesn't appear to be that elusive, but in a team sport, that doesn't have to be a prerequisite.

I hope he stays at UF for one more season..I doubt he really needs the NFL to be a success.

Wait. You need one more post to address this.

Tim Tebow could start for Nebraska and run the system.

But the highly flexible WCO system would adjust for Tebow's skillset. And Tebow would likely show improvement as he learned the system.

The Huskers would probably pass a little less and run a little more.

Tebow would break off a few big runs, be a sure thing inside the 10 yard line, and even General Blackshirt would be sporting a huge woody for Tim Tebow in Husker red, the same way we overlook some of the statistical shortcomings of Tommy Frazier because HE LED THE TEAM TO TWO NATIONAL FRICKIN' CHAMPIONSHIPS.

And my 100% sure-lock guarantee? If Tim Tebow started for Nebraska, this board would be full of people claiming Sam Bradford's Heisman win shows an appalling lack of respect by the media for Tim Tebow.

But the highly flexible WCO system would adjust for Tebow's skillset. And Tebow would likely show improvement as he learned the system.

Tebow would break off a few big runs, be a sure thing inside the 10 yard line, and even General Blackshirt would be sporting a huge woody for Tim Tebow in Husker red, the same way we overlook some of the statistical shortcomings of Tommy Frazier because HE LED THE TEAM TO TWO NATIONAL FRICKIN' CHAMPIONSHIPS.

And my 100% sure-lock guarantee? If Tim Tebow started for Nebraska, this board would be full of people claiming Sam Bradford's Heisman win shows an appalling lack of respect by the media for Tim Tebow.

Once again Guy proves to be the speaker of truth. Well done Mr. Chamberlin. :clap

Of the 90+ posts in this thread, about 5 actually adress the point. B-rent, newearth, and I seem to be on the same page here. These two, could not get further from that.

'Could Tebow start for Nebraska?' is the title of the thread, how does that not address the point?

and the claim of another reason why the media hates nebraska.

'Could Tebow start for Nebraska?' is the title of the thread, how does that not address the point?

I touched on it too, more than once. THen I went to humor, cause Tebow is a strange phenom as well...

ok, do you think javon snead (sp?) would be one of the best qbs in the big 12?

he transferred out of the big 12 from texas because he couldnt hack it, both him and mccoy were freshmen at the same time and in fact snead was a higher rated player being a rivals 100 player whereas mccoy was a 3 star project that beat out snead for the starting position.

Tebow is ok in the SEC but as soon as he had to face a big12 defense he threw 2 interceptions in that game thus tying his season total for interceptions in the SEC in ONE game against the big12.

He truly would be no better than 4th best qb in the big 12.

ok, do you think javon snead (sp?) would be one of the best qbs in the big 12?

he transferred out of the big 12 from texas because he couldnt hack it, both him and mccoy were freshmen at the same time and in fact snead was a higher rated player being a rivals 100 player whereas mccoy was a 3 star project that beat out snead for the starting position.

Tebow is ok in the SEC but as soon as he had to face a big12 defense he threw 2 interceptions in that game thus tying his season total for interceptions in the SEC in ONE game against the big12.

He truly would be no better than 4th best qb in the big 12.

OK in the SEC?

He faced a big 12 defense and threw 2 interceptions true enough , he also rushed for 109 yards, threw for another 231 yards and WON THE GAME.

OK in the SEC?

He faced a big 12 defense and threw 2 interceptions true enough , he also rushed for 109 yards, threw for another 231 yards and WON THE GAME.

Blasphemy!

Please don’t point out the fact that he was the best player on the field against the Top Big 12 team that is crazy talk. Just say he would be the 4th – 6th best QB in the Big 12 and move on, it is the hip thing to do.

If the SEC defenses were weak then what do you call the Big 12 defenses that NU faced? Ultra-Weak? Super-Weak? Incredibly-Weak? Enormously-Weak? Terribly-Weak? Catastrophicly-Weak? Turbo-Weak? Just wondering.