Could Tebow start for Nebraska?

Better question:

Could Florida have beat Oklahoma last night with Ganz as their QB?

No. Ganz's tongue would have gotten in the way of the WR sweeps...

And they would have had to overcome the inevitable TAINT (Touchdown After INT) that Ganz has been throwing this year against good Ds.

C'mon now, Ganz implemented the TSTAINT (Touchdown Saving Tackle After INT) during the Gator Bo.......

I believe this is a shot at the anti-Tebow crowd or at least I think it is.

NU would be lucky to have a player the caliber of Tebow running the team. Like him or not but he is a special college football player plan and simple.

I believe Nebraska was still in the running for him until Urban Meyer was named coach at Florida. The ultimate what if had Callahan landed him.

The five schools who are listed as getting visits from him on the Rivals and Scout site are Florida, USC, LSU, Michigan, and Bama.

Last visit date was USC 12/2/05

Yes. nothing more needs to be said.

Yes, and Clemson, and any other college football team in the nation, and possibly some pro teams (Vikings are one right off the top of my head)

not saying Tebow won't be great in the NFL, BUT how many dual threat guys have proven ineffective at the next level? Michael Vick and Vince Young come to mind, all relying too much on their ability to run, which is a skill utilized very differently in the pros.....while he has been a great college qb, there is no guarantee he will reach the same level of excellence in the NFL.......just a thought.

He could start at nearly any NFL franchise he wants too, course he'd a been the starter here.

Really? I'm not so sure on that. Not really an NFL guy. Is he better than Vince Young in college, I don't think so. Now realize that and then look at Vince Young right now. Name me one QB from a spread-type run first offense that has been a success in the NFL. There isn't one, save Michael Vick if you count him. Maybe Tebow can do it, but he doesn't have the accuracy or arm strength VY had in college, so how he could start for any team I don't understand.

NU would be lucky to have a player the caliber of Tebow running the team. Like him or not but he is a special college football player plan and simple.

I believe Nebraska was still in the running for him until Urban Meyer was named coach at Florida. The ultimate what if had Callahan landed him.

The five schools who are listed as getting visits from him on the Rivals and Scout site are Florida, USC, LSU, Michigan, and Bama.

NU was never in the running for his services.........

He could start at nearly any NFL franchise he wants too, course he'd a been the starter here.

Really? I'm not so sure on that. Not really an NFL guy. Is he better than Vince Young in college, I don't think so. Now realize that and then look at Vince Young right now. Name me one QB from a spread-type run first offense that has been a success in the NFL. There isn't one, save Michael Vick if you count him. Maybe Tebow can do it, but he doesn't have the accuracy or arm strength VY had in college, so how he could start for any team I don't understand.

Yeah most project him as an H-Back in the NFL. And yes he could start for NU over Ganz, easily. Especially the Zone Read offense NU ran this year. Right up his alley as a dual threat. And for the recruiting process, wasn't he the one that had the TV special on him in Florida as a Senior? If so I thought he said in that show that he grew up a Gator fan and his dream was to go to Florida, wasn't really a doubt I don't think in the end.

NU was never in the running for his services.........

"Never" isn't true:

http://mississippi.scout.com/2/374470.html

Randall Cunningham? Was Syracuse still running the QB alot when McNabb was there (or am I thinking about someone else). Was Colorado still running the QB when Kordell Stewart was there? (OK I guess the question was success, but he did lead a team to the playoffs.)