Could Tebow start for Nebraska?

I'm sure he and Bo wouldn't get along well.

Dude, Bo would give his right nut to coach Tim Tebow.

Do you really think Bo would put up with Tebow's attitude on the field?

"WHO'S THE BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE BIG 12 NOW?"

Hmm, a QB that plays tougher than a linebadcker, harder to bring down than the fullback but with the athleticism of a power halfback....

I think Bo would like him fine.

Career passing stats:

448-681 65.7% 6391-67-11

Man those are terrible passing stats for a running QB.

Could Tebow start at NU? You have to be kidding me. Ganz started here and he wouldn't have sniffed the field at Florida. I still can't believe people are saying otherwise.

I still can't believe you don't understand the argument. Is it really that hard to understand? There's a difference between who performs better, would Ganz play for Florida, and whatever else you are coming up with. Realize that, and we'll move on to being able to actually discuss it.

I'll give Tebow credit for one thing: he's smart. He knows that all he needs to do to be successful is to throw the ball to Percy Harvin on a swing route and he'll pick up a huge amount of yards on a high-percentage throw. He plays in a gimmicky offense that requires few reads. Shovel pass to Gonzalez, 20 yard gain. Ganz to Swift over the middle in between three defenders in a zone, 20 yard gain. Same thing in the books, I think Ganz used a bit more talent to get his 20 yards though. There's a reason no QB in an Urban Meyer offense ever amounts to crap once he plays elsewhere.

And his running: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1, 8, 26, 8, 1, 4. Those are the distances covered by each of his rushing TD's this season. What an exciting player! What about that 4.5 yards/carry he averages? Impressive for a running back...What would a decent (not fat) QB run in that offense? Colt McCoy? Much more. How hard is it to run full speed into the back of your elite offensive line, put your head down, and gain 4.5 yards when you're 6'3, 240 (e.g. a fullback)?

But whatever...just keep listening to Gary Danielson.

I understand your arguement, don't agree with any of it and I still can't believe you think Tebow couldn't start at NU.

Watson would run to Tebow's strengths just like he did with Ganz. Just like he will do next year and the year after that. This isn't Callahan's offense where it is "this is what we run no matter what". This staff proved this year that they will change with the players they have.

It's funny how Tebow (it's all the receivers) gets no credit from you for what he does in the passing game yet Ganz gets all the credit in the world for what he does. The receivers here didn't make Ganz better did they? His PS3 stats last year had nothing to do with Purify did they? Whatever though none of this matters.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go ask Gary Danielson what other players I can think are good, because we all know only the Anti-Tebow crowd really know talent.

This arguement is tired, lame, old and pretty silly. If you don't believe that Tebow could run this offense and be as successful as Ganz was I can't help you.

Career passing stats:

448-681 65.7% 6391-67-11

Could Tebow start at NU? You have to be kidding me. Ganz started here and he wouldn't have sniffed the field at Florida. I still can't believe people are saying otherwise.

I still can't believe you don't understand the argument. Is it really that hard to understand? There's a difference between who performs better, would Ganz play for Florida, and whatever else you are coming up with. Realize that, and we'll move on to being able to actually discuss it.

I'll give Tebow credit for one thing: he's smart. He knows that all he needs to do to be successful is to throw the ball to Percy Harvin on a swing route and he'll pick up a huge amount of yards on a high-percentage throw. He plays in a gimmicky offense that requires few reads. Shovel pass to Gonzalez, 20 yard gain. Ganz to Swift over the middle in between three defenders in a zone, 20 yard gain. Same thing in the books, I think Ganz used a bit more talent to get his 20 yards though. There's a reason no QB in an Urban Meyer offense ever amounts to crap once he plays elsewhere.

And his running: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1, 8, 26, 8, 1, 4. Those are the distances covered by each of his rushing TD's this season. What an exciting player! What about that 4.5 yards/carry he averages? Impressive for a running back...What would a decent (not fat) QB run in that offense? Colt McCoy? Much more. How hard is it to run full speed into the back of your elite offensive line, put your head down, and gain 4.5 yards when you're 6'3, 240 (e.g. a fullback)?

But whatever...just keep listening to Gary Danielson.

I understand your arguement, don't agree with any of it and I still can't believe you think Tebow couldn't start at NU.

Watson would run to Tebow's strengths just like he did with Ganz. Just like he will do next year and the year after that. This isn't Callahan's offense where it is "this is what we run no matter what". This staff proved this year that they will change with the players they have.

It's funny how Tebow gets no credit from you for what he does in the passing game yet Ganz gets all the credit in the world for what he does. The receivers here didn't make Ganz better did they? His PS3 stats last year had nothing to do with Purify did they? Whatever though none of this matters.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go ask Gary Danielson what other players I can think are good, because we all know only the Anti-Tebow crowd really know talent.

Not the question; nobody here is arguing that, i thought that was pretty clear. And yes, you're right, our receivers make Ganz better, but just not nearly as much as Tebow's do to him.

Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow Tebow

Does Tebow have a lot of refinement to do in his passing game? Yes

Does Tebow have a lot of weapons in his offense? Yes

Is Tebow one hell of a leader and a high quality athlete? Yes

Will Tebow make it in the NFL? Doubtful, unless he comes back another year and refines that passing game.

Would Tebow start here and is he better than Ganz? Yes, I will agree Ganz is a more accurate passer and is a bit more refined but Tebow is on a whole nother level of athletic ability.

I respect Tebow for what he has done, but can't stand how the media hypes him up.

I believe this is a shot at the anti-Tebow crowd or at least I think it is.

NU would be lucky to have a player the caliber of Tebow running the team. Like him or not but he is a special college football player plan and simple.

I believe Nebraska was still in the running for him until Urban Meyer was named coach at Florida. The ultimate what if had Callahan landed him.

If callahan had landed him he would have turned into a crappy player and transferred to NC State....

Career passing stats:

448-681 65.7% 6391-67-11

You forgot to mention that he wills his team to win, and well they win. Not only would Bo have given his right nut to coach Tebow, Mack; Bob; Hawkins; etc. would have given their right nuts as well. If he comes back in 09', he will more than likely with either a hypseman or NC go down as the best player in college football to ever strap on the pads.

You forgot to mention that he wills his team to win, and well they win.

Well, except for that game against Ole Miss. He had a heck of a game passing the ball (not so much running .5 ypc), but couldn't get much done on 3rd down.

Oh and there were those 4 games last year. That blowout at the hands of Michigan looks pretty bad about now. Same with the one to Georgia. Perhaps if he'd have played on defense. OTOH His will was only good for 17 points against Auburn and 24 on LSU. Just shows that you don't have to be on an undefeated team to when the Heisman.

I suspect he'll take this next year to really work on his passing accuracy to prove he can be a NFL QB, but I don't know if that offense will give him the chance.