Could Tebow start for Nebraska?

Tebow is ok in the SEC but as soon as he had to face a big12 defense he threw 2 interceptions in that game thus tying his season total for interceptions in the SEC in ONE game against the big12.

OK in the SEC?

He faced a big 12 defense and threw 2 interceptions true enough , he also rushed for 109 yards, threw for another 231 yards and WON THE GAME.

Blasphemy!

Please don’t point out the fact that he was the best player on the field against the Top Big 12 team that is crazy talk. Just say he would be the 4th – 6th best QB in the Big 12 and move on, it is the hip thing to do.

If the SEC defenses were weak then what do you call the Big 12 defenses that NU faced? Ultra-Weak? Super-Weak? Incredibly-Weak? Enormously-Weak? Terribly-Weak? Catastrophicly-Weak? Turbo-Weak? Just wondering.

ok to spin what you are saying, did Florida put up gaudy numbers on OU? NO. Is Florida supposed to have a top offense? YES. How many big 12 teams put up more points on OU than Florida did? SIX and 2 more were within a FG of scoring more than FL did and Cincy also put up more points than FL did.

you guys are looking at one side of the subject and not even glancing at the other side. but please by all means continue to praise tebow for being the "best qb ever.....EVER" :lol::rollin

Tebow is ok in the SEC but as soon as he had to face a big12 defense he threw 2 interceptions in that game thus tying his season total for interceptions in the SEC in ONE game against the big12.

OK in the SEC?

He faced a big 12 defense and threw 2 interceptions true enough , he also rushed for 109 yards, threw for another 231 yards and WON THE GAME.

Blasphemy!

Please don’t point out the fact that he was the best player on the field against the Top Big 12 team that is crazy talk. Just say he would be the 4th – 6th best QB in the Big 12 and move on, it is the hip thing to do.

If the SEC defenses were weak then what do you call the Big 12 defenses that NU faced? Ultra-Weak? Super-Weak? Incredibly-Weak? Enormously-Weak? Terribly-Weak? Catastrophicly-Weak? Turbo-Weak? Just wondering.

ok to spin what you are saying, did Florida put up gaudy numbers on OU? NO. Is Florida supposed to have a top offense? YES. How many big 12 teams put up more points on OU than Florida did? SIX and 2 more were within a FG of scoring more than FL did and Cincy also put up more points than FL did.

you guys are looking at one side of the subject and not even glancing at the other side. but please by all means continue to praise tebow for being the "best qb ever.....EVER" :lol::rollin

Florida had 478 total yards against OU. That is terrible and for the record that is 30 yards more then their season average. Tebow had 340 total yards against OU which was 96 yards over his season average. You said six teams scored more against OU then Florida did, you know what happened to 5 of those 6 teams? They lost to OU something Florida didn't. How many of those 6 teams put up that much yardage against OU? I would bet 1 at the most and I believe that was KSU and that was all passing yards.

How is saying Tebow could start for NU one sided? For the record I've looked at both sides of this debate and have watched both sides play. I made up my mind by watching the games with an open mind (not by being brainwashed by the media to either love or hate Tebow) and I came to realize that I along with a whole crapload of people would take Tim Tebow over Joe Ganz everyday of the week. How is sticking up for one hell of a college football player saying he is the "best qb ever"? I would really like to see where I stated he was the "best ever". Saying he is better then Joe Ganz and would start in front of Joe Ganz no matter what system is being run does not equal being called "the best qb ever".

Whatever though just like I will stick up for the guy you will always dislike him there isn't anything I can do about that.

OK in the SEC?

Blasphemy!

Florida had 478 total yards against OU. That is terrible and for the record that is 30 yards more then their season average. Tebow had 340 total yards against OU which was 96 yards over his season average. You said six teams scored more against OU then Florida did, you know what happened to 5 of those 6 teams? They lost to OU something Florida didn't. How many of those 6 teams put up that much yardage against OU? I would bet 1 at the most and I believe that was KSU and that was all passing yards.

How is saying Tebow could start for NU one sided? For the record I've looked at both sides of this debate and have watched both sides play. I made up my mind by watching the games with an open mind (not by being brainwashed by the media to either love or hate Tebow) and I came to realize that I along with a whole crapload of people would take Tim Tebow over Joe Ganz everyday of the week. How is sticking up for one hell of a college football player saying he is the "best qb ever"? I would really like to see where I stated he was the "best ever". Saying he is better then Joe Ganz and would start in front of Joe Ganz no matter what system is being run does not equal being called "the best qb ever".

Whatever though just like I will stick up for the guy you will always dislike him there isn't anything I can do about that.

There is no doubt Tebow could start over Ganz. I thought his performance in the second half vs. OU was impressive, your stats say it all. I will disagree that he was the best player on the field that night though, that honor has to go to Percy Harvin. He was making all of the big plays to give UF the lead and win.

'Could Tebow start for Nebraska?' is the title of the thread, how does that not address the point?

Because those two statements have absolutely no correlation to starting for Nebraska. Jamal Lord? Cool, but what does that have to do with now? Iowa State? Neat, but what does that have to do with us?

Nothing. It's pretty easy to "win" an argument using logical fallacies.

'Could Tebow start for Nebraska?' is the title of the thread, how does that not address the point?

Because those two statements have absolutely no correlation to starting for Nebraska. Jamal Lord? Cool, but what does that have to do with now? Iowa State? Neat, but what does that have to do with us?

most of them are just stumbling around the point of the thread because they dont want to go against what the media has brainwashed them to believe.

Tebow is average at best yet some people cant see it because they only look at stats they do not actually watch him.

most of them are just stumbling around the point of the thread because they dont want to go against what the media has brainwashed them to believe.

Tebow is average at best yet some people cant see it because they only look at stats they do not actually watch him.

That is one of the most ignorant comments I have ever read.

I hate to break everybody's hard on for Joe Ganz, but he is average at best. Seriously, you guys don't think Tebow is a better player than Ganz in college?

This is asinine. Do you think Eric Crouch would start if he were at NU right now? How about, as Guy put it, Tommie Frazier? If you say that Tebow wouldn't excel in this offense then they wouldn't, and that is just plain retarded.

Take off the rose colored glasses, put down the Kool-Aid. I liked watching Ganz, and it sucks not to have him anymore, but let's not make the guy out to be Joe Montana, Brett Favre, and Johhny Unitas all rolled into one.

Ganz is a hard worker, a leader, but he's not even top 5 all time at NU (Frazier, Crouch, Gill, Frost, Tagge, S. Taylor, Humm, Ferragamo). No way Ganz is better than Tebow, no matter the offense.

All that being said, I hate Tim Tebow with an unbrideled passion that burns hotter than the hellfire and brimstone commanded by Satan himself.

While I'll happily come to the defense of Tim Tebow against all this catty housewife sniping, in no way does it diminish my view of Joe Ganz.

We only had Joe as a starter for a year and change, and they weren't the most memorable Husker seasons, but with respect to Mr. Deed, he most definitely goes in my Top 5 QBs, well ahead of Humm, Taylor, Crouch and Frost.

Or to put it another way....imagine Joe Ganz leading an offense with Ahman Green in the backfield, and being backed by a defense that ranked somewhere north of the bottom 50.

Joe Ganz is fine, Tebow is an incredible football player. It is safe to say I would take take Tebow doing Ganz job long before the reverse. I would take Tebow doing Ganz exact job, over Ganz. That is no slight to Ganz, he was a good college QB. Tebow is just better.

I hate to break everybody's hard on for Joe Ganz, but he is average at best. Seriously, you guys don't think Tebow is a better player than Ganz in college?

This is asinine. Do you think Eric Crouch would start if he were at NU right now? How about, as Guy put it, Tommie Frazier? If you say that Tebow wouldn't excel in this offense then they wouldn't, and that is just plain retarded.

Take off the rose colored glasses, put down the Kool-Aid. I liked watching Ganz, and it sucks not to have him anymore, but let's not make the guy out to be Joe Montana, Brett Favre, and Johhny Unitas all rolled into one.

Ganz is a hard worker, a leader, but he's not even top 5 all time at NU (Frazier, Crouch, Gill, Frost, Tagge, S. Taylor, Humm, Ferragamo). No way Ganz is better than Tebow, no matter the offense.

All that being said, I hate Tim Tebow with an unbrideled passion that burns hotter than the hellfire and brimstone commanded by Satan himself.

Frankly no i do not think any of eric crouch tommie frazier or tim tebow. we run a pass offense, they are/were running qbs. have you even watched any of our games this past season? how would you even think that any of them would thrive in a passing offense.

after calling my post "ignorant", you went on to prove why you are incorrect. the pros that you compared ganz to were all, well pros.....and some of the best of all time. saying that ganz is not top 5 all time at NU is inaccurate ass well. you are comparing mostly running qbs to a mostly passing qb that ganz is heads and shoulders above when it comes to passing. but yes you are correct that these running qbs are better runners than ganz.

the thread that was started basically asked "would tebow start over ganz in THIS offense?" not "which player would you rather have?" we pass the ball more than we run the ball and after just watching both passing the ball again ganz is still who i would choose to start in THIS offense.

when watching tebow the only thing that i see that makes me think that he is slightly above average is his ability to lower his shoulder and break one or two tackles and even then he is not a shifty runner and he is not going to make you miss him with his agility. everything else about him is average at best, he does not read through his progressions well, he is a bad passer, he keys in on his receiver as soon as he gets the ball in his hands.........need i go on?

just watch him and you will see it.

Frankly no i do not think any of eric crouch tommie frazier or tim tebow. we run a pass offense, they are/were running qbs. have you even watched any of our games this past season? how would you even think that any of them would thrive in a passing offense.

after calling my post "ignorant", you went on to prove why you are incorrect. the pros that you compared ganz to were all, well pros.....and some of the best of all time. saying that ganz is not top 5 all time at NU is inaccurate ass well. you are comparing mostly running qbs to a mostly passing qb that ganz is heads and shoulders above when it comes to passing. but yes you are correct that these running qbs are better runners than ganz.

the thread that was started basically asked "would tebow start over ganz in THIS offense?" not "which player would you rather have?" we pass the ball more than we run the ball and after just watching both passing the ball again ganz is still who i would choose to start in THIS offense.

when watching tebow the only thing that i see that makes me think that he is slightly above average is his ability to lower his shoulder and break one or two tackles and even then he is not a shifty runner and he is not going to make you miss him with his agility. everything else about him is average at best, he does not read through his progressions well, he is a bad passer, he keys in on his receiver as soon as he gets the ball in his hands.........need i go on?

Yes I watched the games....do you understand football and the evolution of an offense?

The reason why your comment, post, and understanding of THIS OFFENSE is ignorant is because the west coast offense and the spread offense, not to mention this cooridinator, adapt to the personnel you have. They don't force a square peg into a round hole. That is why Tebow would be better than Ganz in this offense, because it would adapt for him and his strengths. Strengths that, frankly, fit the midwest and the wind and cold better than slinging the ball all over the place.

Also, I made the point about the pro QB because some are overrating Mr. Ganz a little bit. I purposely picked the three best of all time. Like I have said before, he was fun to watch and won some games for us and I wish we had him another year but he is not an all time great here where Tim Tebow would be.

All this and I don't even like the guy, I agree with your assesment of his passing ability. You are overlooking the fluidity of the offense Nebraska runs now and thus dismissing Tebow's talents in a run spread offense which Watson would run to take advantage of said talents.

I know you don't like Tebow, and he isn't going to be a good pro QB. That much is true, but don't allow that to skew your judgement on his ability to be an excellent college QB. That is why I compared him to Crouch and Frazier, they were recruited for an offense and did nothing but win championships and awards. Just like Tebow.

I think we can all agree that we would rather have Tebow than Ganz, and nobody is saying that Tebow isn't a good college football player who probably would have experienced success wherever in college he went. I admit that, anyone who doesn't admit that is being ignorant.

However, it's not the question being asked; i don't care anymore, the fact that this thread is 3 pages long is ridiculous. Shut it down!

I think we can all agree that we would rather have Tebow than Ganz, and nobody is saying that Tebow isn't a good college football player who probably would have experienced success wherever in college he went. I admit that, anyone who doesn't admit that is being ignorant.

However, it's not the question being asked; i don't care anymore, the fact that this thread is 3 pages long is ridiculous. Shut it down!

Speaking for everyone, I accept your apology.