2009 Virgina Tech Game

I'm so excited for this game. I will be making the trip to Blacksburg. I truly believe this is that "breakthrough" win for this program. Va Tech will be highly ranked in the preseason polls, a probable top 10 team. Isn't our last victory over a ranked team that was ranked better than 23rd when we beat #1 Oklahoma in 2001? I know most of us on here believe that our game against the Hokies this season was a very winnable one. Va tech will be much improved, but so will our boys in red! Mark my words. This will be the game that gets Nebraska back on the national stage.

Anyone else care to share their opinion?

Man, I really hope everyone thinking nebraska is actually going to be BETTER next year is right. Personally I think we will take a step back because our offense will be so dry. Clearly our defense will be better, but I have to say...with an all new QB, and loosing all our star offensive players (except RB's), our offense will struggle. I would agree that a win there could put us back on the national stage. But I have a hard time believing we are really going to be that good. 2-3 years I my best guess.

While I wish you all the best, I do not like this matchup AT ALL for the Huskers. Main readson, a very good defense will be facing a new QB early in the year, and it is in Blacksburg. I think you all are in not likely to win this, and I hope I am wrong, but it could even get ugly. I am thinking the Blackshirts prevevnt ugliness, and are the best hope for victory, but it will likely be rough.

I've heard so many people say that our offense is not going to be very good next year. I don't buy it. Yes we may slip in our passing numbers but I think our rushing is going to be much improved. It's not like we only have a freshman qb to choose from. Lee and Witt aren't exactly seasoned vets but they do bring with them a couple years in the program. Watson is capable of leading an offense where the pass opens up the run or the run opens up the pass.

I've heard so many people say that our offense is not going to be very good next year. I don't buy it. Yes we may slip in our passing numbers but I think our rushing is going to be much improved. It's not like we only have a freshman qb to choose from. Lee and Witt aren't exactly seasoned vets but they do bring with them a couple years in the program. Watson is capable of leading an offense where the pass opens up the run or the run opens up the pass.

spot on. ganz only had 3 or 4 games under his belt this last season and he did just fine. in fact he did just fine in his first game as a starter........

on top of that our new starter could easily be more athletic, as at least 3 of the 4 qbs under scholarship are more athletic than ganz is.

we will be just fine on offense and i would not be one bit surprised to see a top 20 offense next season.....

spot on. ganz only had 3 or 4 games under his belt this last season and he did just fine. in fact he did just fine in his first game as a starter........

on top of that our new starter could easily be more athletic, as at least 3 of the 4 qbs under scholarship are more athletic than ganz is.

we will be just fine on offense and i would not be one bit surprised to see a top 20 offense next season.....

Top 20 - agreed. I would be happy with that - add in a top 20 d-fense and the Huskers will end up being a pretty darn good team.

The ACC sucks point proven by clemson giving away a belated xmas present....Should have beat Va Tech except as in many cases this year the team couldn't get out of it's own way ( a stupid play or penalty that could not be overcome) and of course the infant stage of Bo's coaching career. The offense will be fine if Helu and Castille can build on what they have done so far it will make the job of whoever is taking snaps much easier. The D should also be able to put the offense in good situations. 28-17 NU but by no means is this a game that says we are back. Win the B12 and then........

I'm so excited for this game. I will be making the trip to Blacksburg. I truly believe this is that "breakthrough" win for this program. Va Tech will be highly ranked in the preseason polls, a probable top 10 team. Isn't our last victory over a ranked team that was ranked better than 23rd when we beat #1 Oklahoma in 2001? I know most of us on here believe that our game against the Hokies this season was a very winnable one. Va tech will be much improved, but so will our boys in red! Mark my words. This will be the game that gets Nebraska back on the national stage.

Anyone else care to share their opinion?

Man, I really hope everyone thinking nebraska is actually going to be BETTER next year is right. Personally I think we will take a step back because our offense will be so dry. Clearly our defense will be better, but I have to say...with an all new QB, and loosing all our star offensive players (except RB's), our offense will struggle. I would agree that a win there could put us back on the national stage. But I have a hard time believing we are really going to be that good. 2-3 years I my best guess.

People were saying the same types of things last year regarding our WR's after we lost Purify, Nunn, Hardy. Everyone all over these boards were saying that our WR's would take a significant step backwards, when in contrast, I felt our WR's took a step forward. There's a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball, and as we saw this past season, Watson will find ways to produce yet another top 20 offense. Don't get me wrong, Nate Swift is my all-time favorite Husker, and we'll miss his reliability, but I'm not too concerned about our offense not clicking. Witt/Lee/Green/Spano will lead this offense, there's no reason why we shouldn't expect the same type of success out of our starting Qb in 09.

thank you...watson is still there for a reason folks. i posted earlier in this thread, but feel a need to chime back in. the offense we have going into this next year is in no way shape or form any less than what we had coming into a gator bowl victory season, and with a complete attitude change, with the D being more of what Bo wants, with the TEAM being more of what Bo wants, Im not worried. although not on this board at the time, I called a win at T Tech this year and was forced to put up a note on the wall at work. granted, I was wrong. My tractor drove itself into a ditch as i listened to the radio call of Ganzys choke play. Consider this my laying of balls note on the wall. WE WILL WIN AT VIRGINIA TECH. They better, as Ive already told the famn damily im taking it off to go out there. any VT fans that end up seeing this thread and/or post, and would like to contact me about my visit this year to your great home enviroment, feel free. Ive been a roommate with a lunchpailer while in the military and completely look forward to enjoying your home gameday experience. He and i described both of our gameday experiences being on equal levels, and i look forward to coming out there and enjoying myself in a true COLLEGE football experience.

oh yeah, hooray for playoffs. 9-7 cardinals super bowl bound!!!! every game in the nfl is important! even when the other team hangs well over 40 on you several times! just saying, be careful of the system you wish for!