Ganz v. Keller

glm09

I think Ganz succeeded this year and the end of last year, because he had the respect of the players on the team and Keller did not. That to me was evident when Ganz came in after Keller was hurt. IMO. BC just wanted to have his star shine and it back fired on him. I wish I could find the article that I read with Ganz stating that he had to basically step aside and keep his mouth shut. I believe it was his home town paper or something.

If you think Ganz had the respect of the players on the team this year, you are crazy. I personally know players who have told me Ganz is full of himself and extremely cocky. He thinks he is good and a lot of players really disliked the guy.

On the other hand, Keller is 50X more athletic than Ganz will ever be. I feel that Keller would have done just as well if not better this year than Ganz.

Swift and Pederson made Ganz LOOK really good. Hence why he will never see the light of day on Sundays.

Sorry if this makes some people upset but I really feel it is the truth. I am glad Ganz is gone. (he was a tough mother though)

You are so full of crap it isn't even funny. Ganz had the respect of every single player in that locker room. The players absolutely love the guy.

Apparently Ganz did not have total respect for Keller. You could feel the tension reading the media reports when the QB race was happening. And in that article someone linked to about Ganz, he said that he didn't really think it was right that Keller could just transfer in, sit out a year, and start. Not excactly the kind of thing you say in the papers for someone you have total respect for.

I think Ganz succeeded this year and the end of last year, because he had the respect of the players on the team and Keller did not. That to me was evident when Ganz came in after Keller was hurt. IMO. BC just wanted to have his star shine and it back fired on him. I wish I could find the article that I read with Ganz stating that he had to basically step aside and keep his mouth shut. I believe it was his home town paper or something.

If you think Ganz had the respect of the players on the team this year, you are crazy. I personally know players who have told me Ganz is full of himself and extremely cocky. He thinks he is good and a lot of players really disliked the guy.

On the other hand, Keller is 50X more athletic than Ganz will ever be. I feel that Keller would have done just as well if not better this year than Ganz.

Swift and Pederson made Ganz LOOK really good. Hence why he will never see the light of day on Sundays.

Sorry if this makes some people upset but I really feel it is the truth. I am glad Ganz is gone. (he was a tough mother though)

I registered on this board just to reply to this post. I'm happy that you personally know players that know Ganz, but I know Sam personally. If you think that Ganz is full of himself and cocky (which he probably is to some extent, and cockiness/confidence is probably a positive for a college qb) then you obviously know very little of Sam.

Also...Keller 50x more athletic than Ganz?! Based on what exactly?!

Ganz completion percentage: 68%

Keller completion percentage: 63%

Ganz rushing touchdowns 2008: 92 rushes for 258yds and 5 touchdowns

Keller rushing touchdowns 2007: 25 rushes for -78yds and 0 touchdowns

Perhaps you meant to say that Keller looks more athletic than Ganz. I'd give you that I suppose.

Anyways, I'm shocked that anyone would disparage Ganz in any way. He seemed to be the heart of the team this year and the 2009 Huskers are significantly worse without his presence. :boxosoap

Agreed, WTF?

The athletic statement was most likely based on arm strength, by the way. Everything else aside, Keller's got a rifle where Ganz has a noodle. Poor wording on the OP's part is all - probably referring to Keller's physical tools as a proto NFL QB, tools Ganz doesn't have.

The topic isn't who is a better pro NFL QB, but rather who is a better college QB. And what good is arm strength anyways if you can't put the ball where you want it or avoid a sack?

Hey Folks,

Back to the real world.

Callahan and Keller's Dad were best buddies.....

Callahan didn't give a rat's behind about Nebraska.

Ganz didn't get a fair chance is my opinion.

RiverRunner

This is plain wrong as well. Keller flat beat out Ganz for the job. The difference -- guys absolutely despised Keller. He was one of the main reasons our locker room attitude sucked so badly in '07.

The athletic statement was most likely based on arm strength, by the way. Everything else aside, Keller's got a rifle where Ganz has a noodle. Poor wording on the OP's part is all - probably referring to Keller's physical tools as a proto NFL QB, tools Ganz doesn't have.

The topic isn't who is a better pro NFL QB, but rather who is a better college QB. And what good is arm strength anyways if you can't put the ball where you want it or avoid a sack?

Arm strength is very important. Not so much as accuracy, but it's still very important.