All Time Team - voted on by the people

All Time QB  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for other..............BROOK BERRINGER!!!!!

I'm surprised that Brook Berringer didn't make this list....I know you have other as an option but still, without Brook Berringer we could just simply kiss those two National Championships away. With Tommie Frazier out in 94' due to an injury Brook stepped up and won 7 consecutive games to help us earn a stop in the Orange Bowl.

My Vote goes for BROOK BERRINGER

Are you sure about the 7?

You're free to vote for Brook, but how does it make sense to say he was responsible for getting us to the NC games, when Tommie was 10X more responsible for getting us there, especially in '93 and '95?

Brook helped, doesn't make him the best QB, IMO. ;)

Thats what made Brook so darn good. Tommie Frazier was getting all of this hype of being a great football player which is was he was a darn good option QB and had two great seasons before hand to and once he went down from his knee injury, Brook had to step up and fill in some HUGE shoes. Nobody expected Brook to do the things he did and remember Brook was the one who struggled against Wyoming but yet brought us back to win that game (Remember Wyoming was up 21-7 at one point in the 2nd quarter). He also had a collapse lung during that game. Also Brook had to win a big game in Norman Oklahoma that same year two where if I'm correct we won 13-3 because Brook scored the winning TD. Brook also beat Coloroda in Lincoln who was ranked #2 and we were #3. Thats alot of pressure for a QB to do all of that and still win games while filling in the shoes of Tommie Frazier.

Well, :wtf , kudos to Brook! Wasn't TF out because of the blood clot issue that year?

I don't get how you can consider a guy who played 7 or so games as compared to the rest of the players on this list?

Well, Brook is also alot of peeps 'love muffin'. :wub:

Depends on era.

Current day would be Tommy, but not really a QB as the world thinks of them.

Best true QB to play at Nebraska was Tagge. With out him there most likely would not have been a Tommy.

Wins seem to be the only thing people are considering so Frazier gets it, but he will never be considered a true QB by the masses. A reasonable passer that could run with any running back in the country.

The first generation Tebow so to speak., vice versa for us.

Touchdown Tommie Fraizer. No question. Berringer - Respect. Ganz and Taylor - effort. Tagge & Gill - old school great. Crouch - overrated. Lee, Witt, Spano, and Green - future!!!

How dare you sir (smacks kent across chops with gloves)...Crouch overrated?! I'd say he ran the offense requested of him well.

Depends on era.

Current day would be Tommy, but not really a QB as the world thinks of them.

Best true QB to play at Nebraska was Tagge. With out him there most likely would not have been a Tommy.

Wins seem to be the only thing people are considering so Frazier gets it, but he will never be considered a true QB by the masses. A reasonable passer that could run with any running back in the country.

The first generation Tebow so to speak., vice versa for us.

I dunno, I gotta take Turner over Tagge, guy had a cannon for an arm and was a great runner, lotsa speed. In fact, I think Turner was the best all around talent we've had at QB. I put Tagge in the 3 spot. Tommie numero uno, based on rushing, NCs and intangibles.

Touchdown Tommie Fraizer. No question. Berringer - Respect. Ganz and Taylor - effort. Tagge & Gill - old school great. Crouch - overrated. Lee, Witt, Spano, and Green - future!!!

How dare you sir (smacks kent across chops with gloves)...Crouch overrated?! I'd say he ran the offense requested of him well.

It's a tough pick who was the better rusher, Tommie or Crouch, I'm almost leaning toward Crouch, but I think Tommie ran the option better.

It's a tough pick who was the better rusher, Tommie or Crouch, I'm almost leaning toward Crouch, but I think Tommie ran the option better.

If you ask who was a better rusher, I might lean more towards Frazier...I just don't think Crouch was "overrated". He did what was asked and more. Tell me an argument supporting why he was "overrated" and I'll bite...

If you ask who was a better rusher, I might lean more towards Frazier...I just don't think Crouch was "overrated". He did what was asked and more. Tell me an argument supporting why he was "overrated" and I'll bite...

I don't think he was overrated, that was the other guy.

Crouch was faster, had some sick cutting ability...

Let's ask Miami what they thought of Crouch. I know - not the same O-line but still I have to believe Fraizer could have led that team. Also, Fraizer would never have run home to Florida after finding a lesser qb had won the starting job. Just my opinion. Crouch was a great athelete (no question) but not near the leader as most of the guys on the suggested list of qbs.

Let's ask Miami what they thought of Crouch. I know - not the same O-line but still I have to believe Fraizer could have led that team. Also, Fraizer would never have run home to Florida after finding a lesser qb had won the starting job. Just my opinion. Crouch was a great athelete (no question) but not near the leader as most of the guys on the suggested list of qbs.

I didn't personally know either, so I can't respond to a comparison of leadership styles. That may well be the case. I just doubted your statement of Crouch being overrated. I take it by ur Miami comment that you are referring to that wierd year of the CU loss and then the Miami loss. I can't see basing that debacle on Crouch as being overrated...maybe our team as a whole, but not him. He was good...and got the job done.

EDIT: Well, I guess not THE job done, as that would've been a nice ring on his finger, but you get my drift...

That's why TF is #1 and Crouch is prolly not in the top 5. I'm just sayin' Crouch was maybe a better runner in some respects.

That's why TF is #1 and Crouch is prolly not in the top 5. I'm just sayin' Crouch was maybe a better runner in some respects.

Exactly. Crouch won the Hypman. If he's not even in the top 5 at NU then I would consider that overrated. Don't get me wrong, I think Crouch was a great qb at NU. One heck of an athlete.

Exactly. Crouch won the Hypman. If he's not even in the top 5 at NU then I would consider that overrated. Don't get me wrong, I think Crouch was a great qb at NU. One heck of an athlete.

Well, he was prolly the best cfb player that year, just means we've had some great athletes @ NE. Just because he's not in our top 5 doesn't mean he's overrated.