100-0 win in girls basketball

Heck, the team that didn't score (Dallas Academy) is now famous. According to today's Omaha paper, the team has-or will be appearing on almost ALL of the national morning news shows. Good Morning Americas and Good Morning America Weekend, ABC Nightly News, Matt Lauer and Diane Sawyer...etc......

Team has received emails and letters from far away as China.....and received GIFTS...

Pretty sure 100-0 could have been avoided..... but team is getting fame.....maybe not for the reason they wanted, but I am sure the girls can find a little bit of solice in the fact that they are meeting some of the most famous tv hosts in America....plus, the more publicity, the worse light it probably sheds on the other team...

Probably after the first few minutes both teams were more of messing around. My high school team beat a team 77-0 in the first round of the playoffs, it was the 1 vs 16 matchup. Kids who were added just for the playoffs (I guess you have more roster spaces), some were fourth string guys, got to play the whole fourth quarter. But the other team were just messing around and were still having fun with our team. I am sure that was probably the case in this game too. Although all the headlines wont want to report that and make it a more of a bad thing, I am sure that both teams didnt really care. Just think about it when you were 16ish you wanted to have fun doing everything, even losing. Both of the teams knew one of them was good and the other bad. Why not make it exactly 100-0 in the process.

thats BS. After getting up 25-0, the coach changed to a more conservative zone defense, subbed in his bench players and only had 1 3 point basket after the 1st quarter. What were the girls supposed to do, just stand there and not play? It is the fault of the league for not instituting a mercy rule. And it is the fault of the inferior school for entering a league with superior teams and athletes.

he should not have been fired.

thats BS. After getting up 25-0, the coach changed to a more conservative zone defense, subbed in his bench players and only had 1 3 point basket after the 1st quarter. What were the girls supposed to do, just stand there and not play? It is the fault of the league for not instituting a mercy rule. And it is the fault of the inferior school for entering a league with superior teams and athletes.

he should not have been fired.

:yeah

The right move was made because the coach had his players shooting 3 and running a full court press even though he was up 59 - at the half. But what got him fired, along with his poor display of coaching, was his cavalier attitude about the outcome.

He got what he deserved.

i 100% agree with the coach.

if you want me to stop scoring, THEN STOP ME!