Forum heirarchy is in serious need of change

Landlord

Seriously. A few questions....

1. What do "A/V and Tech Club", "Plan-It Husker", and possibly others have to do with "Husker Sports" forum heading?

2. Why do we have like 8,000 subforums, most of which aren't even used. Does everything have to be categorized so extensively?

3. Can we like have a contest, or just have the mods/admins redesign this please?

Here's my suggestion.

(This helps draw more attention to other sports tremendously)

Husker Sports

- Husker Football

---Subforum: Recruiting (not really fair to have football recruiting as it's own forum, although a lot of this isn't fair)

- Husker Basketball (can be men's or both sexes, whichever you prefer)

- Husker Volleyball (also, we're not the national champs anymore)

- Husker Baseball

- Other Husker sports (can be put into subforums if you want, but I really don't think it's necessary given the extremely small amount of threads you will see in here)

- Former Huskers

Misc.

- Official BS Forum

- A/V & Tech Club (i would suggest having one of the three forums be the default one, say the Computers/Games/Technology one, and then having the other two be subforums of it. it works better than having a forum with three subforums, but you can't post in the actual forum itself, if that makes sense.)

- Misc. Sports (either make subforums based upon sport, or subforums based upon level 'college, high school, pro, etc.), not both, and not too many subforums)

- Contest Crib

- Classifieds

- Woodshed

- Feedback

It's not too drastic, but I think it would work a lot better. Just my suggestion though.

Misc.

- Official BS Forum

- A/V & Tech Club (i would suggest having one of the three forums be the default one, say the Computers/Games/Technology one, and then having the other two be subforums of it. it works better than having a forum with three subforums, but you can't post in the actual forum itself, if that makes sense.)

- Misc. Sports (either make subforums based upon sport, or subforums based upon level 'college, high school, pro, etc.), not both, and not too many subforums)

- Contest Crib

- Classifieds

- Woodshed

- Feedback

No daily skin? <_<

Seriously. A few questions....

1. What do "A/V and Tech Club", "Plan-It Husker", and possibly others have to do with "Husker Sports" forum heading?

2. Why do we have like 8,000 subforums, most of which aren't even used. Does everything have to be categorized so extensively?

3. Can we like have a contest, or just have the mods/admins redesign this please?

Here's my suggestion.

(This helps draw more attention to other sports tremendously)

Husker Sports

- Husker Football

---Subforum: Recruiting (not really fair to have football recruiting as it's own forum, although a lot of this isn't fair)

- Husker Basketball (can be men's or both sexes, whichever you prefer)

- Husker Volleyball (also, we're not the national champs anymore)

- Husker Baseball

- Other Husker sports (can be put into subforums if you want, but I really don't think it's necessary given the extremely small amount of threads you will see in here)

- Former Huskers

Misc.

- Official BS Forum

- Contest Crib

- Classifieds

- Woodshed

- Feedback

It's not too drastic, but I think it would work a lot better. Just my suggestion though.

I like the idea about Recruiting. Having both football and basketball as subforums is a good idea. :thumbs

cool :)

I should warn you - if it's decided to make the changes, it won't happen until after signing day. The Board goes crazy about that time in term of posts and bandwidth usage, and trying to make the move from now until then could screw things up. Also, doing it after the "crush" of recruiting allows everyone to get to where they want to go without having to hunt for it.

Just wanted to let you know it won't be immediate if it's done.

Finally, if we're going to do it, it would be nice if other members contributed their thoughts. How can we change the categories and forums to make it most user friendly? What do you want changed, and why? What do you want to keep the same, and why?

I'd hate for us to go to all that trouble, and then have people suddenly deciding that they want to nit-pick the changes or complaining that they didn't have any input, etc.

Personally, I feel like recruiting should be in its own forum. Recruiting is a big topic and there are legit subforums for that (by year). Introducing hierarchy (too many subforums) is annoying, and placing recruiting into a lower hierarchy is annoying because it makes it less accessible.

In general though, I agree with you in principle: too many subforums! (and maybe too many forums period?) Some consolidation could be good.

One thing I've always thought was kind of weird is that talking about other college football teams isn't done in Husker football and has its own forum. Because the "other NCAA football teams" forum is about a billion miles away in physical location from the Husker football forum (and it's the subforum of something), but they are pretty related, IMO.

i think that the husker football forum should be changed to just simply "football" as more people see that forum and it is not like there are tons of posts about other teams.

it would just be nice to post something about say florida football or chiefs football and have more than 5 people see the post........

IMO There should be a separate husker football forum. :dunno