Street Novelist

QB Tyler Gabbert

is he a fan of NU, KU, or Illinois?

Nope. He's a Mizzou fan.

Because his dealer doesn't live in Columbia? Seriously though, he committed half way through his junior year to Mizzou, so why would he do that if he didn't want to go there. i don't think the recruiting services are even done with their evaluations by then on h.s juniors.

The kid already had a bad reputation for suspected drug use, so this comes as no surprise. But his highlites are impressive, including a 90 yard Crouch like TD run against in town rivals blue Springs High in the playoffs. So i don't know why you think he is over rated Willie

Okay, I laughed at the first part. I'll admit.

Dalton committed to Mizzou early and had planned to go there for months before that. After Gabbert committed, Dalton got EXTREMELY shaky about his commit. He really wanted no part of trying to compete with Gabbert because the kid legitimately thought he had no chance since Gabbert was the 'Golden God' as some of Gabbert's teammates call him.

Dalton contacted Nebraska coaches for months trying to set up a summer visit, but we had absolutely no interest in him besides as a complete backup plan for other higher rated players.

BigWillie your way off on Blaine Dalton = extremely overrated. He committed early to MU as a junior. Blaine could have gone anywhere he wanted and was the number 1 QB target that MU wanted in 2009 recruiting class. The fact that he committed early and played baseball instead of attending various camps kept him a 3 star with rivals. Scout had him listed as a 4 star. All you had to do was watch his games and you could see he is very talented.

Look for the so called drug charges to be dropped. The prescription pills that were in his glove compartment were those of a high school teammate who had shoulder surgery and went to Columbia to visit Blaine and forgot his prescription medicine in Blaine’s car.

Not overrated according to a Mizzou fan. According to college coaches who would barely spend time talking to Dalton even though he initiated contact with them seem to disagree.

I have watched numerous videos of Dalton. Sadly, I have probably seen more video of Dalton than most Mizzou fans as well. But that's what I get for having no life last summer. :)

And I have say games as well. That Rockhurst game when he went up against Scheelhaase was a public display of insane talent by a QB. That is if we are comparing him to a pee-wee league QB. :lol:

And I don't really care about his off the field problems. More players than anyone know or need to know have problems like this that do not get public attention.

BigWillie I have more inside information about Dalton than you do and your claims are way off. What you claimed Never happened I live in Lamar Mo. Jim Dalton's hometown and know the family. That is how I can say your claims are off base.

No offense,

But most people on here are going to believe Willie when he's pretty much always spot on with what he has to say... And he's not a biased side in this story.. Even when it's dealing with a Husker, he says what he needs to say. truth.

:yeah I was just going to say the same thing, not needed now. :)

BigWillie I have more inside information about Dalton than you do and your claims are way off. What you claimed Never happened I live in Lamar Mo. Jim Dalton's hometown and know the family. That is how I can say your claims are off base.

I know Bill Clinton and he really did not have sexual relations with that woman. See how easy that was?

I have absolutely nothing to gain by saying what I have about Blaine Dalton. Just like I have absolutely nothing to gain by singing the praises of Blaine Gabbert.

Funny thing is, this isn't something I am making up on the fly just to suit myself. I actually talked about this more than a year ago when it was going on with a few friends on this board.

But like someone said, this thread is about Tyler Gabbert. Not some scrub on Mizzou's roster.

Rivals has a small blurb about him in a (free) article about where the best QBs are going:

Ballwin (Mo.) Parkway West's Tyler Gabbert has offers from Missouri, Iowa, Indiana and Colorado State, but sources say the offers from Kansas and Nebraska stand out and it could end up being a two-team race between those schools.

Rivals has a small blurb about him in a (free) article about where the best QBs are going:

Ballwin (Mo.) Parkway West's Tyler Gabbert has offers from Missouri, Iowa, Indiana and Colorado State, but sources say the offers from Kansas and Nebraska stand out and it could end up being a two-team race between those schools.

the thing that would worry me about Kansas, is with Reesing being a senior, Gabbert might see a chance to move up the depth chart quicker there.

Oregon has offered.

I've said this before and I'll say it over and over again...............................I F-ING HATE OREGON!!!!

Oregon has offered.

I've said this before and I'll say it over and over again...............................I F-ING HATE OREGON!!!!

Ditto

BTW, Wake Forest and Iowa State are throwing their hats in the ring too.

Oregon has offered.

I live in Oregon and COMPLETELY agree!!!!!!!!!!

Well if he does visit the booger colored Ducks... Maybe he will realize there is a ex-husker on the coaching staff. Scott Frost!

Just trying to look at the bright side... maybe...

Well if he does visit the booger colored Ducks... Maybe he will realize there is a ex-husker on the coaching staff. Scott Frost!

Problem is that everytime we offer and Oregon offers we seem to be on the losing end of things. <_<

Problem is that everytime we offer and Oregon offers we seem to be on the losing end of things. <_<

I don't think so on this one though. Oregon is a late jumper and it seems like Gabbert is ready to commit to NU any day now. Could be way off, but I don't think so.

I don't think so on this one though. Oregon is a late jumper and it seems like Gabbert is ready to commit to NU any day now. Could be way off, but I don't think so.

:yeah I'm not worried about Oregon at all. If he has any dreams of playing in the NFL, he better not go to a school that runs the spread. Especially with his lack of measureables( 6 foot tall)

The reason it seems that way is because we usually lose out to them on guys we have offered that are from the West Coast. Gabbert is a midwest guy, grew up around the Big 12, and I would guess wants to play in the Big 12.

I hope you're right as I would be pissed to lose anyone to Oregon again. <_<

per Rivals: Ballwin (Mo.) Parkway West quarterback Tyler Gabbert already has a solid offer list that includes programs such as Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska. But his dad says a few new teams are making a push.

"He was offered a scholarship by Oregon and Iowa State last week," Chuck Gabbert said. "Then he was offered by Wake Forest [on Monday] night. We are on vacation in Florida for the week, so the Wake Forest offer is a nice surprise for Tyler."

Most observers think Gabbert's decision will come down to Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska or Kansas, but the offers from the Demon Deacons and the Ducks definitely give him some other programs to strongly consider if he chooses to leave his region.

I imagine, at this point in recruiting, the longer he waits the more offers he'll get. It's still his junior year, after all. I am wondering if our coaches are pursuing Robinson as hard as they are Gabbert. Meaning, if one of them commits, will they no longer be looking for another QB?...and if they do decide to pick up another, who would it be?

The rumor mill has been swirling about him for about a month now. If he doesn't commit on the visit with his parents, I guess we'll be forced to assume we're waiting on someone else higher on the board. It seems that all signs are pointing towards Nebraska, but the recruiting game does get crazy sometimes.

The rumor mill has been swirling about him for about a month now. If he doesn't commit on the visit with his parents, I guess we'll be forced to assume we're waiting on someone else higher on the board. It seems that all signs are pointing towards Nebraska, but the recruiting game does get crazy sometimes.

Its up to him, the offer is on the table waiting for him. I doubt the coaches would tell him they are waiting for some one higher, and that his offer is on hold. I bet he commits on his visit.

I'd imagine he's close if he's visiting yet again. Could well be he knows guys are coming and wants one final trip to decide before they get in.

Gabbert is #1 on our board. If he doesn't commit, which would stun me if he does not, it's simply because he did not want to be at Nebraska.

Gabbert is #1 on our board. If he doesn't commit, which would stun me if he does not, it's simply because he did not want to be at Nebraska.

I haven't seen any film of the younger Gabbert...how strong is his arm?

I am pretty sure he was voted the strongest arm at the Elite 11 camp held at TCU in early April. Here is a story with some feedback on his performance there.

Atomic Teeth - Gabbert part deux

Impressing at Elite 11

The second Elite 11 Regional Quarterback Camp was held this past weekend in Fort Worth, and several out-of-state players caught the eye of Rivals.com analyst Barry Every.

He was impressed with Parkway West (Ballwin, Mo.) quarterback Tyler Gabbert, a 6-foot, 190-pounder who is the younger brother of Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert.

“It didn’t take long to see that he had one of the strongest arms in the camp, and he kept the velocity for two hours,” Every said. “He is talented enough that college coaches will be able to look past his height.”

Gabbert has more than enough arm to complete any throw. Like I said before, he's a 6 foot version of Blaine basically. If he had the height that Blaine had, they would be clones.

Gabbert has more than enough arm to complete any throw. Like I said before, he's a 6 foot version of Blaine basically. If he had the height that Blaine had, they would be clones.

Yeah, but do they have the same leadership qualities, handle pressure, manage games..ect.

Yeah, but do they have the same leadership qualities, handle pressure, manage games..ect.

Until you get them on campus, you can never evaluate that for any player.

Harrison Beck is a prime example.

True, won't know for sure til we see them out there.

But everything I've read says his intangibles are damn good, likely better than his older brother's. I'd imagine the coaches agree if they're chasing a 6' qb this hard.

But in hindsight, if we would've paid more attention to what his momma was saying during the recruitment process that would've given us all the insight we would've needed to stop recruiting Beck.

All I'm saying is that hindsight tends to be 20/20.

Tyler Gabbert on the other hand appears to be the real deal...

From what I've gathered thus far the younger Gabbert doesn't have his parents meddling, I could be wrong though because I really don't follow recruiting all that closely.

It is good to know that the younger Gabbert seems to be a Joe Ganz "clone" but with a stronger arm.

But in hindsight, if we would've paid more attention to what his momma was saying during the recruitment process that would've given us all the insight we would've needed to stop recruiting Beck.

All I'm saying is that hindsight tends to be 20/20.

Tyler Gabbert on the other hand appears to be the real deal...

From what I've gathered thus far the younger Gabbert doesn't have his parents meddling, I could be wrong though because I really don't follow recruiting all that closely.

It is good to know that the younger Gabbert seems to be a Joe Ganz "clone" but with a stronger arm.

If we stopped recruiting kids with crazy parents, we would lose out on a ton of talented kids. Thats the great thing about coaching at the college level, you only really deal with the kids parents during the recruiting. I coached club swimming for most of my adult life, and crazy parents take all of the fun out of coaching.

Gabbert is in Lincoln today, so keep you're fingers crossed for a commitment.

I don't think so on this one though. Oregon is a late jumper and it seems like Gabbert is ready to commit to NU any day now . Could be way off, but I don't think so.

:yeah I'm not worried about Oregon at all. If he has any dreams of playing in the NFL, he better not go to a school that runs the spread. Especially with his lack of measureables( 6 foot tall)

Because Nebraska has put so many quarterbacks in the pros :wacko:

;):laughpound

I don't think so on this one though. Oregon is a late jumper and it seems like Gabbert is ready to commit to NU any day now . Could be way off, but I don't think so.

We will, give us time. We know for sure that Mizzou doesn't, as Booger boy will never make it in the NFL, and the spread will ruin Gabberts chances as well.

per ESPN: Tyler Gabbert told ESPN affiliate Web site DuckTerritory.com, "Nebraska, Oregon, Wake Forest, Kansas and Missouri are on me the hardest. I have an equal interest in all of those schools."

Gabbert also discussed his potential fit in a few of the offenses run by schools in his top five, "Missouri and Kansas run wide open spread passing attacks and Oregon runs that unbelievable spread option and I hear they plan on passing the ball a little more. Nebraska runs a little west coast zone read that would be a great fit as well."

We will, give us time. We know for sure that Mizzou doesn't, as Booger boy will never make it in the NFL, and the spread will ruin Gabberts chances as well.

Maybe true, but he is on a team which is more than any Nebraska QB can say. BTW 3 of the last 6 MU QB's have been in the NFL. Corby Jones would have been the 4th in the NFL but signed with the CFL right before the draft because he was guarenteed to play QB.

I know they are no big thing, but before you try and make a foolish point you should atleast think it out. Some pretty high profile players and teams run the spread. The best NU QB"s have done in your little corn coast offense was get a single tryout. Chase Patton, former MU backup, who never started a single game got two tryouts this year. So take that for what its worth.

P.S. MU's spread is 2 for 2 on starters to the NFL and extra credit of the multiple tryouts for backups for those keeping score at home :clap

But back on track, the recruitment of Gabbert...carry on boys!

Fro I get your point. It wasnt as if we were lacking talent for the NFL per the team. We had a coach whos methods simply derailed some of our best. Look at Thenarse for example. 3 years under Pelini and he gets drafted. Three years under Calli and he is not near his potential.

We will be back delivering more players to the draft soon IMO. Give Bo some time..

No knock on BO. he is doing a fine job. And we all know about a mis-use of talent.

Just pointing out that, contrary to some believe. Spread QB's do and can make it.

you know me HSKRNOKC, I just like to stir the pot sometimes. :lol:

Anyway, I could be wrong, but i see this dragging out a little. Not a long time, but i would be somewhat surprised if he ends it before fall, around the time school starts or shortly after.

No knock on BO. he is doing a fine job. And we all know about a mis-use of talent.

Just pointing out that, contrary to some believe. Spread QB's do and can make it.

you know me HSKRNOKC, I just like to stir the pot sometimes. :lol:

Anyway, I could be wrong, but i see this dragging out a little. Not a long time, but i would be somewhat surprised if he ends it before fall, around the time school starts or shortly after.

I will tell you what, if he doesn't hop on board this week I am not sure Robinson won't jump first.

A main writer at a pay site is saying that a commitment should be coming before Tyler leaves tomorrow...

a GBR commit?

Fixed it.

Take it for what it is worth as this has been said before and then....nothing..

A main writer at a pay site is saying that a commitment should be coming before Tyler leaves tomorrow...

a GBR commit?

Fixed it.

he's asking if it's a commitment to us or to someone else...

a GBR commit?

Fixed it.

he's asking if it's a commitment to us or to someone else...

Right.. I thought it was pretty clear but let me digress.

RSS is jumping and they are saying Gabbert will be N soon but remember the disclaimer that is above.

It also appears that big red report is pretty confident that he will commit before he leaves. There are two articles that I cant read but just the wording in the headlines seem to suggest he will commit.