SIGNED ATH Bronson Marsh

Good news IMO

1. UNO gets a qb that could do big things for them

2. No offer from UNL means no meltdown over said offer.

3. Marsh would've been a fallback-offer. UNL telling Marsh no offer would come could mean they're feeling quite confident in a strong finish.

More I think of this it came not to long after Mitchell said he will not Grey shirt so I think UNL told him that even if Carnes isnt in we will not have a scolly for him but that is just a thought.

Good point about the greyshirt. Didn't UNO almost cut football a few years ago? I went to USD and we played them every year and they had a pretty competitive D2 football team but when the Great West was disbanded it sounded like UNO's sports were all in real bad financial shape and football was even on the cutting block. The last we heard when I was in school was that they probably would have very little sports and most likely no football for a while during the financial downturn within the next few years. Maybe donors helped keep it afloat but that would freak me out if I was Marsh. Any of you Omaha natives know if their sports are still going strong? And if they are planning on moving to D1 like South Dakota, South Dakota State, North Dakota, and North Dakota State their main rivals all have done? Being closer to South Dakota then Omaha I hear nothing about UNO anymore.

Being from South Dakota as well, I'm surprised we can support as many football programs as there are in the state.

Marsh was offered a grayshirt today. Hasn't decided to take it our stick with his commitment to UNO.

Wow, that's interesting. It will be really interesting to see if Marsh is confident enough in his abilities to go compete with the best at his dream school or if he wants to go be the big man on campus at UNO. Nothing wrong with either choice, but it will be interesting to see it play out.

yeah, i'm a little surprised as well but Bo knows what he's doing and i'm sure as h*ll not going to tell him otherwise.

Nebraska has 23 juniors on the roster. With few kids leaving the program (assuming that happens) we should have a pretty big class next year.

:yeah I have faith in this staff. If they want him that badly, then he must be worth it. Credit them for trying to get him for free (walk-on), but when push came to shove it looks like they really to value him.

Essentially, he was offered a scholarship to be a part of next year's class?

Wow.

essentially. would basically be an early entrant member of the 2011 class, as he'd go through spring ball next year.

We're in on some talented 2011 QBs, like Turner and Suntrup. I hope we'll still take two of them regardless of Bronson.

Honestly the staff has been doing a good job overall recruiting, but we've had some WTF offers along the way. Kreik, Cotton, Evans. I trust the staff but it almost seems like sometimes, kids get offered just for being Nebraska kids. Not saying Nebraska kids can't have talent (Arod, Niles, Trevor, etc) - but if Bronson lived in Kansas, I don't know that he gets this offer...maybe I'm being pessimistic.

Wow.

essentially. would basically be an early entrant member of the 2011 class, as he'd go through spring ball next year.

We're in on some talented 2011 QBs, like Turner and Suntrup. I hope we'll still take two of them regardless of Bronson.

Honestly the staff has been doing a good job overall recruiting, but we've had some WTF offers along the way. Kreik, Cotton, Evans. I trust the staff but it almost seems like sometimes, kids get offered just for being Nebraska kids. Not saying Nebraska kids can't have talent (Arod, Niles, Trevor, etc) - but if Bronson lived in Kansas, I don't know that he gets this offer...maybe I'm being pessimistic.

Marsh will come in as an ATH and most likely play Saftey....he might get a chance at QB but I doubt he ends up there.

Wow.

Marsh will come in as an ATH and most likely play Saftey....he might get a chance at QB but I doubt he ends up there.

:yeah

This kid better work-out. I was fine with the Evans offer and have defended it. Cotton I wasn't wild about but his sudden, freakish growth-spurt after his junior-year definitely upped his value. If he'd have hit the camp-circuit and sent senior-film out he'd have gotten some love. But now we're offering a guy nobody in 1A went after with us almost at signing-day? The kid is an athlete, I'd be stoked if he walked-on, but I'm not thrilled about this offer.

• Fire 1