SIGNED ATH Bronson Marsh

the UNO football team is always a very solid football team. people underestimate the level of competition at the divisionII level. make no mistake about it, these are college athletes competing at a very high level. bronson marsh has the potential to shine in UNO's offense. his run/pass ability will give coach burnes the chance to revert back to his typically successful option-oriented offense. UNO also just signed a record setting running back from KC by the name of james franklin who looks like a stud on film. many of UNO's WR's last year were first year players. with the addiction of Marsh, UNO has the youthful pieces in place to build around for a future run in the DII tournament. who knows what's going through his mind though....

I don't think anyone doubts the impact Marsh would make on the UNO program. But the question is whether Marsh thinks he could have enough of an impact on the Nebraska program to take the grayshirt.

So what do you guys think Bronson will do? And what would you choose? I think I would have to take this opportunity at my dream and take the grayshirt. I just wouldn't ever want to have any regrets or "What if?" thoughts when I'm older. Who knows, maybe Bo, Carl and Marvin can turn me into the next O'Hanlon and give me a puncher's chance at the NFL. Plus, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to run out of the tunnel in Memorial on a crisp fall Saturday.

I would say one thing!!!

Pants on the ground!!!!

Think about it, a greyshirt/scolly to Nebraska. It is a scolly to Nebraska!!!

I think he will take it. 99.9% in my opinion.

Husker staff is recruiting and offering the grayshirt to Bronson as a safety prospect (according to rivals). I wonder if that will make a difference. Either way I think it would be a mistake for him not to take the offer. No way he would play as a true freshman anyway.

A lot of people are already bashing Marsh and Bo for making the offer. IF this is a greyshirt offer then I don't see the issue. Bo has a history of taking fringe players like Marsh and making them good to great players. Craig Steltz at LSU in 2007 and Matt O'Hanlon are great examples of this. If Bo likes this young man's potential enough to offer him a scholarship in a year that NU will be able to take roughly 25-27 players, then I don't see the issue.

A lot of people are already bashing Marsh and Bo for making the offer. IF this is a greyshirt offer then I don't see the issue. Bo has a history of taking fringe players like Marsh and making them good to great players. Craig Steltz at LSU in 2007 and Matt O'Hanlon are great examples of this. If Bo likes this young man's potential enough to offer him a scholarship in a year that NU will be able to take roughly 25-27 players, then I don't see the issue.

:yeah

• Fire 1

cave, if this is a walk-on offer, I don't see the issue. A grayshirt is equal to a scholarship offer for next year's recruiting cycle. Many people felt that Bronson was a walk-on candidate who didn't merit an offer this year...delaying that another year doesn't change much.

If this were a "preferred walk-on" offer, that would be different...

cave, if this is a walk-on offer, I don't see the issue. A grayshirt is equal to a scholarship offer for next year's recruiting cycle. Many people felt that Bronson was a walk-on candidate who didn't merit an offer this year...delaying that another year doesn't change much.

Actually delaying it a year does change the situation a whole lot. The big reason, at least from I can discern from the multitude of posts bashing both Marsh and Bo, is that they don't want an offer to Marsh to preclude the staff from taking Owa, Cooper, or Carnes because we all know that scholarships are tight this year. However if Marsh Greyshirts then he doesn't count towards the 85 until 2011, that year Bo should have anywhere from 25-27 spots available. That is a decent sized class that allows the coaches to take a flier on a player or two because space isn't necessarily as much of an issue. Doing it this ensures that the staff can still take Owa, Cooper, and Carnes if all 3 want to come to NU. Heck the staff may have room still for Simek or Fulton if that is in the cards, Marsh doesn't affect these young men one way or the other. That is why I don't see the big issue here IF it is indeed a greyshirt offer.

I don't know why anyone would be bashing the decision to offer him the grayshirt. It doesn't count against this years scholies and there's a lot to be said about offering in-state kids. I think this situation is what makes Husker football so unique and special.

Actually delaying it a year does change the situation a whole lot. The big reason, at least from I can discern from the multitude of posts bashing both Marsh and Bo, is that they don't want an offer to Marsh to preclude the staff from taking Owa, Cooper, or Carnes because we all know that scholarships are tight this year. However if Marsh Greyshirts then he doesn't count towards the 85 until 2011, that year Bo should have anywhere from 25-27 spots available. That is a decent sized class that allows the coaches to take a flier on a player or two because space isn't necessarily as much of an issue. Doing it this ensures that the staff can still take Owa, Cooper, and Carnes if all 3 want to come to NU. Heck the staff may have room still for Simek or Fulton if that is in the cards, Marsh doesn't affect these young men one way or the other. That is why I don't see the big issue here IF it is indeed a greyshirt offer.

:yeah

• Fire 1

I don't know why anyone would be bashing the decision to offer him the grayshirt. It doesn't count against this years scholies and there's a lot to be said about offering in-state kids. I think this situation is what makes Husker football so unique and special.

Alot to be said for offering in-state kids? Such as .. ? Entitlement due to current residence and place of birth?

Alot to be said for offering in-state kids? Such as .. ? Entitlement due to current residence and place of birth?

IBWT No one has any right to question Bo Pelini. He has put us back in the national spotlight. If he wants to offer a fully scolly/grayshirt, that is his/the staffs call.

There looks to be only 21 opening scholarships next year (20) if Marsh gets one.

Current scholarship counts from 2009

Freshman

R-Freshman

Sophomore

Junior

21 (Including Lawrence)

Seniors

14 (Thenarse returns)

Total

83 of 85 available

Now 13 seniors leave, 1 junior quit playing (Lawrence), 1 freshman left (Williams) and 1 one Redshirt Freshman was rumored to leave (Toalia)

That means we have 18 open for 2010 (the recruiting class already has 18 N, so every player that commits after that fact means room will have to be made if everyone qualifies (this includes Owa, Carnes and Cooper).

So next year will look like this

True Freshman

15+

Redshirt Freshman

Sophomore

Junior

Seniors

Total

85/85