SIGNED ATH Bronson Marsh

This kid better work-out. I was fine with the Evans offer and have defended it. Cotton I wasn't wild about but his sudden, freakish growth-spurt after his junior-year definitely upped his value. If he'd have hit the camp-circuit and sent senior-film out he'd have gotten some love. But now we're offering a guy nobody in 1A went after with us almost at signing-day? The kid is an athlete, I'd be stoked if he walked-on, but I'm not thrilled about this offer.

:yeah

this reeks of in-state politicking for future recruits to me. a proverbial bone, if you will.

the more I think about this, the more humorous the whole situation becomes to me. Bo has his ass, and everyone else's, so covered on this its amazing. He can do no wrong. He waits until after Bronson verbals to UNO to offer a greyshirt, to play defense. Either way Bo gets to say he gave the kid a shot, and either way Bronson can say he did whats best for him. Its so perfect, there should be a little bow on this thread.

IMO if he comes here on a greyshirt for QB he might not play at all since Jamal Turner might be coming here for QB rite.. but safety?? lmao ok

Well in the short time Bo has been here he has a track record of giving guys a shot at their desired position before switching them to another position (see Martinez, Taylor). If Marsh is really confident that he can make it at QB, then Bo will probably give him a shot. If he can't crack the top 3 on the depth chart, however, then he would probably get moved to safety. That's my best guess based on what we've seen from Bo so far.

the more I think about this, the more humorous the whole situation becomes to me. Bo has his ass, and everyone else's, so covered on this its amazing. He can do no wrong. He waits until after Bronson verbals to UNO to offer a greyshirt, to play defense. Either way Bo gets to say he gave the kid a shot, and either way Bronson can say he did whats best for him. Its so perfect, there should be a little bow on this thread.

bo doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that worries about "ass covering".

you make it sounds as if he's trying to sneak things past the internet recruiting cognoscenti, as if he cares what anyone thinks about the kids he's bringing in to win games.

No, I think its clear he is trying to do the right thing, the Big Red thing. If this kid was from council bluffs or topeka we wouldnt be having this discussion right now. And yes, I do think he finds that important but not because of some internet wanks. More-so because of building his in-state recruiting base and reputation. That has an awful lot to do with winning football games down the road, so I bet it has been considered by Bo in some form.

No, I think its clear he is trying to do the right thing, the Big Red thing. If this kid was from council bluffs we wouldnt be having this discussion right now.

you could be right that bo values local flavor/effort at the expense of talent, but i'm not so sure that's true. NU builds local support mostly by winning games, and the state produces so few prospects per year that i doubt we'd take a kid to placate a coach or two.

which is why i find the whole thing humorous...I dont believe he values local flavor more, I think he does value not pissing people anyone off, and I believe he believes in giving kids like Bronson a shot if he can...If its logical or realistic. Bo loses no reputation or anything like that with this current situation. Really, he only stands to gain, no matter what Bronson decides. He doesnt throw a questionable recruit in the final hours of this years class, and leaves it open and easy for Bronson to walk away from the greyshirt offer with no one on either side looking bad.

So what do you guys think Bronson will do? And what would you choose? I think I would have to take this opportunity at my dream and take the grayshirt. I just wouldn't ever want to have any regrets or "What if?" thoughts when I'm older. Who knows, maybe Bo, Carl and Marvin can turn me into the next O'Hanlon and give me a puncher's chance at the NFL. Plus, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to run out of the tunnel in Memorial on a crisp fall Saturday.

If Im him, I take it. All this talk about playing at Nebraska being his dream, well, buck up. I dont know or care what his financial situation is-- Some people use the money card or similar as to why its okay for players in this situation to take the lower level school scholly... Thats nice and all, but if running out of the tunnel is really his dream, then he finds a way to make it work. Plenty have done it before--and with waaay less than a greyshirt.

He should jump on this opportunity because there are kids that pay for all four years and never play a down. At least he would be able to get some of his tuition payed for and experience everything about Cornhusker football even if he doesn't get to play.

If he really wants to play at NU this is his chance and a very good opportunity at that. ;)

the UNO football team is always a very solid football team. people underestimate the level of competition at the divisionII level. make no mistake about it, these are college athletes competing at a very high level. bronson marsh has the potential to shine in UNO's offense. his run/pass ability will give coach burnes the chance to revert back to his typically successful option-oriented offense. UNO also just signed a record setting running back from KC by the name of james franklin who looks like a stud on film. many of UNO's WR's last year were first year players. with the addiction of Marsh, UNO has the youthful pieces in place to build around for a future run in the DII tournament. who knows what's going through his mind though....