Nebraska Prospects

I think we should push hard for Daniels and Uher. Uher seems to have the frame... if he has game, we should definitely take a look. Daniels has been raved about for quite some time... could be a good one. Keep the best instate kids INSTATE.

We will -- if they deserve the offer. We are not gonna offer a kid just because of some sort of entitlement because he is from Nebraska. Earn the offer just as well as the kid from Texas, Cali, Kansas, Missouri or Colorado would.

I am certainly no expert and someone like BigWillie could probably do a better job, but here is a quick and dirty top 11 for 2010 Nebraska players:

1. Andrew Rodriguez - OL - Aurora

2. Jesse Hinz - DT - Beatrice

3. Antaries Daniels - RB - Omaha Northwest

4. Nick Mizaur - S - Creighton Prep

5. Jeff Uher - DT - Creighton Prep

6. Ron Coleman - FB/DT - Omaha North

The last 5 I won't put in any kind of order:

Christian Dudzik - ATH - Skutt Catholic

Dion Jones - CB - Millard North

Bronson Marsh - QB - Millard South

Ben Renshaw - WR - Millard North

Stephon Washington - RB - Omaha Burke

Where's the kid from McCook that was the 08' athlete of the year?

Yes, he did go to Kansas. I was referring to how was he the top athlete of the year in 08' but not in the top 10 football recruits in Nebraska? Seems to me that he would have been one of the top football recruits in the state if he was the athlete of the year in 08' and he was recruited by a D1 school like KU.

My list was for 2010 prospects, or players that were juniors this last season. The list does not include seniors (Tyrone Seller's class) or any other underclassmen.

• 2 months later...

So I saw the Big Red Report 2010 Top 15 in the OWH online:

Big Red Report 2010 NE Top 15

I have to wonder, are we chasing Jesse Hinz? I couldn't find a thread on him anywhere in the recruiting section, neither interested prospects nor those with offers. Only reference I could find was in this thread. With his size, he seems like he could be a good player if he has the agility. I also don't see Uher on the BRR listing, is he going to be a target this year?