Nebraska Prospects

I am certainly no expert and someone like BigWillie could probably do a better job, but here is a quick and dirty top 11 for 2010 Nebraska players:

1. Andrew Rodriguez - OL - Aurora

2. Jesse Hinz - DT - Beatrice

3. Antaries Daniels - RB - Omaha Northwest

4. Nick Mizaur - S - Creighton Prep

5. Jeff Uher - DT - Creighton Prep

6. Ron Coleman - FB/DT - Omaha North

The last 5 I won't put in any kind of order:

Christian Dudzik - ATH - Skutt Catholic

Dion Jones - CB - Millard North

Bronson Marsh - QB - Millard South

Ben Renshaw - WR - Millard North

Stephon Washington - RB - Omaha Burke

Ron Coleman should be in the top 3. He is a beast.

Coleman is a great HS player, but his size hurts him at the next level. Where do you put him? If only he were a few inches taller . . .

As for my guesses, I think that Hinz will receive a Nebraska offer. I think that Daniels, Mizaur, Uher, and Coleman all have a chance to earn an offer IF they really impress the coaches at the NU camp this summer. The rest are probably longshots at best unless they really explode their senior seasons.

Ron Coleman should be in the top 3. He is a beast.

Coleman is a great HS player, but his size hurts him at the next level. Where do you put him? If only he were a few inches taller . . .

As for my guesses, I think that Hinz will receive a Nebraska offer. I think that Daniels, Mizaur, Uher, and Coleman all have a chance to earn an offer IF they really impress the coaches at the NU camp this summer. The rest are probably longshots at best unless they really explode their senior seasons.

I'm guessing that most of these kids will be asked to walk-on or be a preferred walk-on especially with a scholly crunch next year. We will be very selective with who we offer. Rodriguez may be the only scholarship player from NE next year.

With the current need at DT I dont think there is any way we let Hinz slip away from us without an offer.

It's a definite need (even though I only count 1 DT leaving after 2009 and 1 in 2010) as another D-lineman was part of the wish list for the 2009 class.

How good is Hinz (or Uher and Coleman for that matter)? My guess is the coaches will wait until getting a look at them in camp against a good OL before any of those guys are offered.

With the current need at DT I dont think there is any way we let Hinz slip away from us without an offer.

It's a definite need (even though I only count 1 DT leaving after 2009 and 1 in 2010) as another D-lineman was part of the wish list for the 2009 class.

How good is Hinz (or Uher and Coleman for that matter)? My guess is the coaches will wait until getting a look at them in camp against a good OL before any of those guys are offered.

I didn't watch the Class B state title game last year, but if Hinz went up against Rodriguez there is probably plenty of tape for the coaches to disect.