thoughts on next years record

HskrMan

WOW-All this KU love from Fro Daddy and HuskerRed. Dang....I got nothing. Good posts! :)

I to think it's between KU and Nebraska, but as I've said in other posts, until KU can beat Texas tech, I can't favor them at this time. Ask me after they play. KU has to go at least 1-2 VS the South teams, and I just don't see them beating Texas or OU. That means they'll likely have to go undefeated in the North to win the North....and that will be tough with road games @CU, @KSU (I know they suck, but still our rival and anything can happen), and of course NU in Lawrence. It will be difficult.

You can do what KSU did to beat Texas . . . take out their QB with a cheap shot. Not recommended, KU has more class than that.

Speaking of which :boxosoap I HATE the unbalanced schedule with the other division. Division champions should be determined by record WITHIN the division to be fair. Common opponents would be the first tie-breaker, overall conference record second. :boxosoap

I get the point about unbalanced scheds, but then what would you call the games against the south? Conference games that mean nothing? Glorified scrimmages? You cant call them true conference games if they have no bearing on the standings.

You hit the nail on the head!! I agree 100%!!! The schedules don't make since. :dunno

Uhh yeah, agreed.

I believe its KU's to lose until I see something that changes my mind....

Fro, just curious about what makes you believe that its theirs to lose considering they were 3rd in the North last year and NU came within an OT of playing for the conference title instead of MU? What needs to change?

We lost a QB and they didnt.

I'm not saying we don't have talent at QB but they are unproven so at this point I can see his point.

On a side note though I think our D is better, but until next year rolls around and the first game is played I am not gonna say sh#t.

I believe its KU's to lose until I see something that changes my mind....

Fro, just curious about what makes you believe that its theirs to lose considering they were 3rd in the North last year and NU came within an OT of playing for the conference title instead of MU? What needs to change?

Has a lot to do with returning talent broski. They retained Briscoe, Reesing, quite a few offensive starters, and quite a few defensive starters. They technically have the most returning "talent" out of any school in the B12 North. Going by returning talent, Nebraska is behind Kansas and Mizzou is behind Nebraska. This is why people have predicted the North to finish like KU, NU, MU, all because of returning talent.

Now of course, when it comes to play, anything can happen and upsets make college football interesting. I do think NU beats KU but look out for MU being a sleeper.

:yeah

just looking at players in key positions. Reesing (as much as I dislike the guy) can really play. I think when your looking at big 12 QB's he is no worse then #3 behind Bradford and McCoy. They are pretty senior heavy this year. Now as I said until something changes my mind, meaning another team answers their QB questions, or really gels or anything else that would make me believe differently.

As huskerred said, anything can happen. games are not played on paper, and emotions, injuries, schedules & timing can all effect outcomes. Any of one of the top 3 could win it, or someone else for that matter...

:yeah

just looking at players in key positions. Reesing (as much as I dislike the guy) can really play. I think when your looking at big 12 QB's he is no worse then #3 behind Bradford and McCoy. They are pretty senior heavy this year. Now as I said until something changes my mind, meaning another team answers their QB questions, or really gels or anything else that would make me believe differently.

As huskerred said, anything can happen. games are not played on paper, and emotions, injuries, schedules & timing can all effect outcomes. Any of one of the top 3 could win it, or someone else for that matter...

If ISU, KSU, or CU wins the North Fro, I'm going sulk in a hole for one year.

I'd rather see MU or KU win it than one of those three :thumbs