thoughts on next years record

HskrMan

ok. im sorry this isnt tigerboard, not everyone is going to agree with you here and i do not expect everyone to agree with me here either.

and yes there are deficiencies, however, i am not going to go into it as that will just drag this old convo out even longer.

QFT

Can't we all just get along? :thumbs

I would kind of like to see this thread get back to the overall outcome of next season and not just what's going to happen at Mizzou lol.

Fro daddy, I like you and respect your opinion, but IMHO you are going to be hard pressed to change any homers' mind about anything on here. Of course, I'm definitely not saying you are trying to impose your will and knowledge on us lol, but I just don't want you getting carpal tunnel syndrome buddy!

I would kind of like to see this thread get back to the overall outcome of next season and not just what's going to happen at Mizzou lol.

Fro daddy, I like you and respect your opinion, but IMHO you are going to be hard pressed to change any homers' mind about anything on here. Of course, I'm definitely not saying you are trying to impose your will and knowledge on us lol, but I just don't want you getting carpal tunnel syndrome buddy!

:lol:

sounds good. :thumbs

I have to say that Fro daddy makes a lot of good points. If the MU-NU game was in Lincoln, I'd be confident in picking NU. But we haven't done well in Columbia, and it will be only our second road game.

As for the season I'll go with 8-4. Losses to VaTech, Mizzou, OU, and another out of Baylor, TTech, or KU.

Our defense will be better this year, but it'll be a long road back to the dominant D's we enjoyed in the 90's.

I have to say that Fro daddy makes a lot of good points. If the MU-NU game was in Lincoln, I'd be confident in picking NU. But we haven't done well in Columbia, and it will be only our second road game.

As for the season I'll go with 8-4. Losses to VaTech, Mizzou, OU, and another out of Baylor, TTech, or KU.

Our defense will be better this year, but it'll be a long road back to the dominant D's we enjoyed in the 90's.

:) I have a feeling that Missou is going to have a rough year...just a gut feeling.

One thing we can definitely take out of this upcoming year (despite all the North fans bickering amongst themselves) is that it is most likely going to be another year of the South making the North look bad. Bradford and McCoy are back, and even if they lost some key playmakers, they are still two of the best quarterbacks in the country. In my honest opinion (with my red glasses off and kool-aid in the fridge) I think the North is either Nebraska's or Kansas's. I honestly just don't think Mizzou will have a strong enough season to compete for the North title, but of course that's just my opinion and I'm not trying to be a homer. I think Mizzou has opportunities to beat either Kansas or Nebraska, but they won't beat both.

This is the outcome I see as far as the North goes. Nebraska beats Mizzou, Kansas beats Mizzou, and Kansas beats Nebraska. Nebraska will win the North and beat both of them if their defense is as good as I hope it will be, but I think Kansas honestly has more advantages.

*Puts red sunglasses back on and gets kool-aid out of fridge*

I believe its KU's to lose until I see something that changes my mind. I think there will be a clear top 3 in the north. And record wise, it wouldnt surprise me if MU is in 3rd. It all depends on how things turnout, momentum and too many other things to list. I believe that KU, NU & MU will all fall somewhere between 7-9 wins in the regular season.**

But one thing HuskerRed said that is very true. The south will again rule. I think that with TX, OU & even OSU they have 3 teams that could all win the North. Not to mention that TT has NEVER had a losing record since the big 12 formed. So although they may not do as well this year. I would not expect them to suck, if you know what I mean.

** I researve the right to change my mind once the season starts. Right now this is a guess based on schedules, and filling holes.

Thinking anything at this time is a waste of time. After the spring game we will have some idea of what is going to happen in the fall, possibly.

But talking trash and gaurenteeing wins with a unknown QB is fantasy at best.

We have talent, but I seriously doubt it is superior to MU. We are still a second teir program on the talent level. The competitions kids have more time in their respective systems than ours do. We have a good coach, but never really beat anyone of stature last year.

Until we win the games, and beat a ranked team, I am willing to let all talk, we have to prove it on the field.

Thinking that we are only going to lose two games next year is possible, but that will mean we have to beat a ranked team somewhere down the road is my guess. That would be a nice start since it hasn't happened in years.

Currently we have nothing to really throw in anyones face.

We went 9-4, were never ranked and never beat a ranked team. Not a lot to hang your hats on as far as I am concerned.

WOW-All this KU love from Fro Daddy and HuskerRed. Dang....I got nothing. Good posts! :)

I to think it's between KU and Nebraska, but as I've said in other posts, until KU can beat Texas tech, I can't favor them at this time. Ask me after they play. KU has to go at least 1-2 VS the South teams, and I just don't see them beating Texas or OU. That means they'll likely have to go undefeated in the North to win the North....and that will be tough with road games @CU, @KSU (I know they suck, but still our rival and anything can happen), and of course NU in Lawrence. It will be difficult.

WOW-All this KU love from Fro Daddy and HuskerRed. Dang....I got nothing. Good posts! :)

I to think it's between KU and Nebraska, but as I've said in other posts, until KU can beat Texas tech, I can't favor them at this time. Ask me after they play. KU has to go at least 1-2 VS the South teams, and I just don't see them beating Texas or OU. That means they'll likely have to go undefeated in the North to win the North....and that will be tough with road games @CU, @KSU (I know they suck, but still our rival and anything can happen), and of course NU in Lawrence. It will be difficult.

You can do what KSU did to beat Texas . . . take out their QB with a cheap shot. Not recommended, KU has more class than that.

Speaking of which :boxosoap I HATE the unbalanced schedule with the other division. Division champions should be determined by record WITHIN the division to be fair. Common opponents would be the first tie-breaker, overall conference record second. :boxosoap

You can do what KSU did to beat Texas . . . take out their QB with a cheap shot. Not recommended, KU has more class than that.

Speaking of which :boxosoap I HATE the unbalanced schedule with the other division. Division champions should be determined by record WITHIN the division to be fair. Common opponents would be the first tie-breaker, overall conference record second. :boxosoap

You hit the nail on the head!! I agree 100%!!! The schedules don't make since. :dunno

You hit the nail on the head!! I agree 100%!!! The schedules don't make since. :dunno

Uhh yeah, agreed.