Scariest Game of Next Season: Baylor

Looking at Kanas' 09 schedule I don't see any way for them to finish the regular season with less than 3 losses. Oh and by the way Kanas doesn't have Okie St on the schedule next year, but I still see at least three losses counting the Sooners, Huskers, and Long Horns. You might even be able to argue giving Tech a good shot after getting brutalized by Ok, and even Mizzu after getting smacked in the mouth two weeks in a row by the likes of NU and U of T. It could get ugly for Kanas next year. Baylor's schedule looks even worse...ouch!

I think without question Kansas loses to Oklahoma and Texas next year, so there are two losses. They'll lose to at least one North team (hopefully the Huskers).

Also, Kansas just has a brutal ending to the season after a relatively cake-walk non-conference schedule. The play Iowa State, Colorado, Oklahoma, TT, KSU, Nebraska, Texas, and Missouri in that order. ISU and KSU are for sure wins, and Oklahoma and Texas are for sure losses, but TT, Nebraska, Colorado (maybe) and Missouri are all going to be tough games.

But as I stated before, the non-conference schedule could hurt Kansas if they make it to a bowl. The only real reputable team they play (imho) is Southern Miss, and even they aren't very good.

It is distracting to read a post making a contrversial claim and then the author's name is "Are you Serious". I know it is off topic, but it does make it hard to take the claim for what it is worth...

hmmm, not the first person to mention that. Maybe I should change my name. In my defense... I signed up in the middle of callahan's last year.

We beat Baylor hands down. Besides....Griffin doesn't play on defense the last time I checked.

True story. But going into the half we weren't looking so hot. Thank God we have Pelini. Callahan could never comeback (and never did). I'm just saying, if someone else steps up on their team, and their coach keeps doing a good job, they could be dangerous. A loss to OU is respectable, a loss to Baylor... ... ...

Griffin is good, but come on! The love fast is getting old. They've improved from being terrible, to a team that competes. They're the KU of 2004. I don't see them winning more than 5 games this year.

The man speaks the TRUTH!

They have a long way to go before they even begin to compete at a high level in the B12.

Baylor doesn't scare me at all to be honest. Defensively they are not good enough to stop our running game or pressure the QB. Offensively they still don't have a line that will stop our rushes and don't have a running game to take pressure off the passing game. They have a couple good wideouts but we match up with them just fine and Griffin doesn't pose as much of a threat as people would believe.

Last year Griffin broke two long runs that basically was the full extent of their offense against us, on those two plays it was a QB draw to the edge and both times Cody Glenn took the 7 gap when he was supposed to cover the 9. As soon as that breakdown was corrected by the coaches Baylor's offense died and they were pretty ineffective doing anything in the 2nd half.

Yes they are home this year, but they don't exactly have an intimidating home field advantage. The game will probably go a bit better than last year defensively and we will likely run the ball most of the 2nd half so the score will be close but it will be a solid win. I'd expect at a 24-10 win.

this is Baylor! BO has seen a mobile qb in the past, noticed how we shut them out the entire 2nd half... scariest game? did you forget we play OU, KU and Tech?

to calm everyone's nerves we haven't lost to Baylor since 1956

Gotta give it to Bo for finally helping Nebraska be a second half comeback team :thumbs