HuskerVision improvements and other stuff

dbetz23

I might be the only one . . . but I'm not excited about the ribbon boards. They will show advertising almost exclusively, and it will make the atmosphere seem that much more like a pro stadium.

I disagree, i went to the OU vs. NU game this year, and Norman has the ribbon boards and HD screens already, and i throughly approve of them. They helped a lot with stats, and cheers. they didnt show an awful amount of ads, if they did, then they were on the very ends, with other things (stats, scores, ect.) in the middle. I loved the ribbons. They make it look really sharp. Hopefully, ill go to the NU vs. OU game this year and be able to see them.

GBR!

Could be! I haven't seen them yet . . . that was just my reaction to the idea. They might end up great.

i was at the ku game in 07, and they have a couple ribbon boards... i don't remember any advertisments at all(im sure they did have advertisements though), just stats and scores form other games, and chants. it was cool.

depending on how big our boards are going to be i expect the same as what ku did. heres a pic of ku's Linkerdoodldoo

I think that looks cheesy. :dunno

personally i think it'll be less cheesy(actually i don't think it'll be cheesy at all) than the corn cob hats, or lil red... and it would have an actual use and purpose, so im happy we're finally gettin them.

I think those are cheesy as well but I'm not sure how that shows that the ribbon boards AREN'T cheesy. Oh well. Just my opinion.

The game down on the field is really the only thing I care about anyways, but what else do we have to argue about in the off season anyways? Beats the heck out of studying Torts.

Guess I am old fashioned...go to the games for the action on the field. If I want to watch it on a screen, I can do it at home or at the local adult beverage establishment. If I want information about other games, stats, etc, I have my laptop at the ready. Bah Humbug...I don't need ribbon boards, replay monitors or any of that crap. :bang

Just put the ticket prices where the average fan can afford to go to the game and see the action on the field as it happens, without have to watch every play replayed ten times so that the fans can second guess the officials. :angry:

Good additions, now if they would just upgrade the sound system already? Make it louder!!!!

:yeah Was hard to hear the tunnel walk last season. We need to make sure the opponents know that Big Red is coming and a can of whup a$$ has been opened.

T_O_B

I think I remember hearing something about when they redo the East Stadium Balcony with the club seating stuff they are going to try and centralize some speakers. At least I thought i remembered hearing that...maybe I was just dreaming though. ha ha ha

Guess I am old fashioned...go to the games for the action on the field. If I want to watch it on a screen, I can do it at home or at the local adult beverage establishment. If I want information about other games, stats, etc, I have my laptop at the ready. Bah Humbug...I don't need ribbon boards, replay monitors or any of that crap. :bang

Just put the ticket prices where the average fan can afford to go to the game and see the action on the field as it happens, without have to watch every play replayed ten times so that the fans can second guess the officials. :angry:

idk...I quite enjoy watching the replays while the teams are in the huddle in between plays.

The ticket prices are where the average fan can afford them...

I like the replays, but I hate when everyone has to be quiet for the tunnel walk, and pay more attention to the video screens rather than making noise (and a home game advantage)

I don't mean to judge or anything, but:

It's just two dollars?