Nebraska on ESPN CFL

huskerguy

ESPN spent probably 8-10 minutes talking Nebraska today on ESPN College Football Live. Nothing we don't know basically just said Nebraska appears to be on the right track, but obviously not "Nebraska" yet...

Bo gave a interview just saying we aren't where we want to be and how special our spring game is.

It was all pretty accurate expect they hammered our pass and rush defense and never even mentioned Suh. The only player they singled out was Roy Helu and the guy who said it completely butchered his name hah.

Pelini tells ESPN he's 'far from satisfied'

Bo Pelini spoke via telephone Friday to the commentators at ESPN's College Football Live.

He was asked what the biggest key will be during spring football to keep the program headed toward improvement: "We just have to continue on with what we've started. That means the work ethic, the discipline -- all the things we talked about when we got here.

"We're not anywhere near where we want to be. We've made a little bit of progress. I think we've improved, but we have a long ways to go . . . and we have to stay focused on the process so we keep this thing going in the right direction."

How important is it to improve the Blackshirts to the level that fans grew accustomed? "We're not going to be satisfied until we're up there at the top. We made some progress on defense, and we had some good games. We also played some games when we got our tails kicked. We don't want to have any of those.

"We've made progress. Our kids are understanding more of what this system entails and how to play within this system. But we have a long way to go to get to the standard that we want to play defense at, and that's at the highest, highest level there is."

What does it tell you that 80,000 fans are expected to be on hand for the spring game? "Well, I mean, I don't know if any other place in the country will ever get that. Our fans are excited. I know within the first 12 hours, we sold over 45,000 seats for that game. It just shows how passionate our fans are and how supportive.

"It's great for us. (Recruits) come in here and see that kind of atmosphere, and they see that kind of passion associated with your program. It makes them want to be a part of it."

Link: LJS Blog

The guys on the show, especially at this time of year, are clueless. They were talking about MU the other day and how they have lost their OC and 4 or 5 assistants. I was like "wait, when in the hell did that happen?!" Oh thats right, it didnt. At that time 1 coach had left. They spent like 2 minutes talking about how tough it would be to replace people that were still there.

:boxosoap Anymore that network is a freakin joke. Tim Griffin is one of the biggest tools in that box. First, he always has incorrect info. Player names, positions etc. Hell last week he did a chat where he talked about Colorado St in the Big 12 North (not as in they could join the big 12, But as if they are IN the big 12) Not to mention he keeps saying NU, KU & MU will play for the north next year, but then in his record projections last week put both KU and MU behind CU and KSU in conference record next year. Which one is it Tim?? That guy is the cream of the crop when it comes to ESPN idiots. And HE is supposed to be a BIG 12 expert... :rant

:espnsucks:

* one last thing. I believe with all my heart that I prepare more to drop a duece then they prepare for that show! ZINGER!