Ekeler to USF?????

HSKRNOKC

well, too bad if he was turned down. i don't particularly want ekeler to leave, but i won't begrudge anyone who want to advance their career.

if ekeler was turned down, i was probably because he's only got one year in as a position coach. yes, he's got at least 5 as a GA, but that might not be all that relevant to some people.

ekeler will leave. eventually. i can see him being the next *BIG* assistant that everyone whispers about when head coaching jobs come open down the road a few years from now just like it was for pelini and muschamp.

Mr. Ekeler spoke at a Husker dinner I attended. I'll guaranty that Mike Ekeler's biggest fan is Mike Ekeler. He has plenty of stories about Mike Ekeler, how full of energy Mike Ekeler is, how funny he is, how crazy he is etc etc.

Don't know about his coaching abilities - but Mike Ekeler is the happiest person in Nebraska to have Mike Ekeler on the coaching staff.

Good for him either way, best of luck.

Was that the Shrine Dinner last week?

No, small town dinner during the season.

This guy is reporting that Leavitt offered the job to Disch, and is now waiting for his decision.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/02/report-leavitt.html

Hopefully Disch accepts and we can dodge a bullet. I have no problem with Ekeler leaving for better opportunities,

just not yet.

:yeah

We need his enthusiasm and energy. Players feed off of that not to mention his impact as a recruiter.

OK, wait a second . . .

OK, perhaps we shouldn't close the book on the Mike Ekeler-to-South Florida possibility after all. Illinois co-defensive coordinator Dan Disch, who was offered the defensive coordinator job at USF by coach Jim Leavitt, is turning down that offer and staying at Illinois, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Ekeler, who just completed his first season as Husker linebackers coach, interviewed for the USF position this past Saturday in Tampa, Fla. According to the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times, Leavitt also has interviewed former Cincinnati defensive coordinator Joe Tresey, but Disch is the first candidate reported to be offered the position.

Ekeler hasn't returned calls from the LJS.

Stay tuned.

Link: LJS Blog

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/c...n-usf-dc-offer/

according to this he turned down the DC offer already

Oh sweet!

Disch is the third to interview for the defensive coordinator position and second to turn it down. Nebraska linebacker coach Mike Ekeler turned down an offer to rejoin USF coach Jim Leavitt, who coached Ekeler at Kansas State. Former Cincinnati coach Joe Tresey also interviewed for the position, but was not offered the job.