NU v. TAMU

wow, thats all I can say.

Gotlieb annoyed me, the huskers were doing good, and then I slowly watch the huskers lose it. I could blame the officials, but really it was the huskers own fault, and the officials were pretty much fair the whole game.

Honestly the huskers played a pretty good game, just had another cold streak.

:boxosoap:hmmph:steam:wtfdedhoarse

and with that loss, NU's big dance hopes are over

There was NO WAY that game should have come down to that. I realize Doc wants to slow the game down because we don't have a pure scorer or a big guy inside to get us to the line, but our ball handling and passing was absolutely terrible the second half.

LACKADAISICAL

lack⋅a⋅dai⋅si⋅cal

   /ˌlækəˈdeɪzɪkəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [lak-uh-dey-zi-kuhl] Show IPA

–adjective

1. without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic: a lackadaisical attempt.

2. lazy; indolent: a lackadaisical fellow.

3. Nebraska's offense in the second half

Not to mention when this happens there is no such thing as an offensive rebound.

:yeah We have a joke for an offense. I know we are small, but to not even have anyone there to even try for a rebound is just stupid. This better be a one year deal, because I really hated the Mo Iba era. At least Danny Nees teams were fun to watch. I still think Doc is the right guy however.

Ok, I am not a b-ball coach or even a huge-huge fan of the game, so I am not saying I could do any better, but here is my take.......

1st: Watching this team drives me up the flippin wall...... We rarely FINISH..... and it cost us over and over this year and probably should have costs us more.

2nd: tonight, I understand Doc wanting to "shorten" the game with the type of team we have (which isn't a very good team...there, I said it)...... this team can't friggin score at all, but when they ARE HOT, they can put points on the board.....like the 1st half tonight.... Then, in the 2nd half, he took the air out of the ball, yes, shortening the game, but also took us out of our rythmn....and when you only get "hot" once in a blue moon, KEEP FRIGGIN PLAYING THE GAME !!!!!!!

How many times in the 2nd half did NU still have the ball on the perimeter or above the 3 point line with under 8 seconds on the shot-clock. Thus, the result being some dumbass, lame attempt at a spinning off balance "throw" the ball at the hoop at the last second type of shot...WAY TOO MANY....... run the friggin offense.

This team deserved to lose tonight....

** on the bright side, not many predicted that this team would be a "bubble" team for the big dance this late in the year, so at least we have something to be pissed about.....I really thought by this time of the season, we would be on the NIT bubble.