Next Year's QB poll

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That is not what he is saying.

Think about what you are saying. "Several true freshmen quarterbacks around the country in recent years won games. Cody Green is a true freshman. Therefore Cody Green can win games."

Do you see the part where your logic completely falls apart?

McCoy was a redshirt freshman, by the way.

It's not a good sign if Cody Green is our starting QB next year. Anyone who wants him to start is basically saying I want the Huskers to suck in 2009.

Zac Lee was the top JUCO QB in the country back in 2006. Since then, he has been at Nebraska for two seasons, played scout team ball, and looked awesome in his limited performance against K-State. I realize my grandma would look good against K-State. But he had 2 carries for 17 yards and led NU on a scoring drive in the fourth quarter. His athleticsm was clearly evident.

2 weeks ago I posted how I believed Lee would win the starting job over Witt. IMO, Witt knew that would eventually happen as well. Green will not overcome Zac Lee. Some people need to take a step back and understand from an athleticsm standpoint, Zac Lee is every bit the weapon of a Cody Green. The only advantage Green has is a bigger body.

Lee runs a legit 4.5 and the strongest arm on the team. Next season will also be the 3rd season he's been at Nebraska.

How could anyone honestly want Cody Green to be the starter over Lee? Some of you are acting like Cody Green was the #1 QB recruit in the country.

So what I think you are getting at is that a freshman QB cannot win?

To that I say- Terell Pryor, Tim Tebow (granted he was a scenario guy), Colt McCoy, Robert Griffin (at fricken Baylor), Matthew Staford, Chris Leak, Mitch Mustain, and Chad Henne.

I think NU has enough talent (running game and defense) that Green, if he has good as everyone thinks, could start and win.

i dont see why everyone thinks he is gonna be all that good. :o yeah he looked good in HS, but he hasnt done anything in college. Lee was very good in JUCO and was actually a 5.9 rated 4 star qb when he got to lincoln, whereas Green was a 5.8 rated 4 star. Green seems like maybe just "the next big thing?"

as someone else has said, greens only real advantage is in his size as lee is also listed as faster. if you want a qb that is good at both passing and running then right now, lee is your guy.

Also, it can be said that throwing a freshman into the fire too soon can permanently damage his confidence if he doesnt win right away.

So you think that Tebow, Pryor, McCoy (whom did not start as a true freshman), and Griffin can win as freshmen, so why cant green?

To that i say- For every Pryor or Griffin, etc. you have a freeman or any of the countless other 4 star qbs that never lived up to hype or never even started a game.....

yes, i am sure that we have enough talent to win with green at qb but the question is,"will we win more games with lee or green starting?"

answer: Lee

Since the question asked mid-way which I assume means midway through the season I will go with Green. I think Lee will start the first game of the season but by the third or fourth game I think that Green will be the man starting

Green will be starting day one --- on the scout team as a redshirt --- precisely where he should be. Lee is #1 Spano is #2. If anyone out-competes Lee it will be Spano --- who was just as highly rated out of HS as was Green.

Will Green be good? Probably. but he is several seasons away from serious contention for playing time. He will certainly not play next year. The year to follow, it will be unlikely that we'll see him much. The season after that, when Lee is gone --- then you'll see him... if Spano has not locked the position down.

The "I love Green" crowd is simply "I love the new guy" crowd. He''ll be good --- after a redshirt season, then a year as a redshirt freshman taking things in as a backup, then... as a redshirt sophomore in year three in the system, then we can talk about his potentially starting.

Lee and Spano are way too good and, relatively speaking, experienced in the system, to be unseated by a freshman.

Just putting in my 2 cents on Green.......

I posted yesterday that in an interview, Joe Ganz said that he didn't believe that a true freshman could come in and learn the system to run this offense efficiently enough to please Watson/Bo.... Sure, he could start if we really tone down the playbook like Ohio State did for Pryor , which wouldn't probably be as effective as everyone would want....

Most of the freshmen QB listed in another post also played for TOP 10 programs and had tremendous athletes around them, and some of the bests defenses in the nation.....Georgia, Texas, Florida, etc...

(obviously, Baylor doesn't fall into this category) and Mustain hasn't really panned out !!! I hate to say it, but as we speak RIGHT NOW, Nebraska is no longer a TOP 10 program (right now).....

Furthermore, most of these QB's were top 5 recruits, if not the Number 1 recruit....Green has skills and may lead us to 2-3 NC, but I think everyone is soooooo eager to find the next Tommie Frazier that some have this distorted sense of "greatness".. IMO, this isn't fair to Green....yes, we should expect him to perform like a champion, but remember, he should still be getting ready for prom, and some of the posters have him as the next 4 yr starter at NU...

Personally I don't care who the quarterback is. I'll let Pelini and Watson figure out who the man is. They get to see each quarterback practice and I would hope they can tell which one is the best for the team.

I will however say this before someone else throws it out there. Callahan (and maybe Watson, I don't know)obviously wasn't able to figure out that Joe G. was better than Sam K.. Let 's hope Pelini is smarter.

Personally I don't care who the quarterback is. I'll let Pelini and Watson figure out who the man is. They get to see each quarterback practice and I would hope they can tell which one is the best for the team.

I will however say this before someone else throws it out there. Callahan (and maybe Watson, I don't know)obviously wasn't able to figure out that Joe G. was better than Sam K.. Let 's hope Pelini is smarter.

Do you really think Joe was better than Sam?

More mobile, I'll give you.

But there were passes Sam made that Joe couldn't even touch.

Sam was really handcuffed under Cally's system, but he and his dad probably felt it was his best chance to get to the NFL.

Do you really think Joe was better than Sam?

More mobile, I'll give you.

But there were passes Sam made that Joe couldn't even touch.

Sam was really handcuffed under Cally's system, but he and his dad probably felt it was his best chance to get to the NFL.

I think that Joe was better than Sam! When you say there were passes that Sam made that Joe couldn't even touch....which throws? ...and while were on this there were passes that Joe made that Sam couldn't even touch...LIKE THROWS ON THE RUN!! :sarcasm

I know it has been mentioned in other threads, and I will agree, that Sam had the better frame for a quarterback, and even a hotter girl, but Joe had more heart, and more respect.