All Time Punter

All Time Punter  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe you should be more specific on the criteria. Are we voting for the best player at the position, or the most popular at the position. Seems alot of folks are going with the later.

I wonder if any of you would be so high on Erstad if he hadn't of had a pro baseball career?

Maybe you should be more specific on the criteria. Are we voting for the best player at the position, or the most popular at the position. Seems alot of folks are going with the later.

I wonder if any of you would be so high on Erstad if he hadn't of had a pro baseball career?

no one is taking into consideration his baseball career... Erstad> your favorite punter

You need to re-watch the '95 Orange Bowl, huskerbob. If you can watch that and not gain respect for Erstad and the weapon he was... well I just don't know.

T_O_B

You need to re-watch the '95 Orange Bowl, huskerbob. If you can watch that and not gain respect for Erstad and the weapon he was... well I just don't know.

T_O_B

I never said I did'nt respect Erstad. I'm just looking at the bigger picture. He had a great season in 95, and a spectacular Orange Bowl too. But that does'nt compair to the carrer acheivments of the other choices. Not taking anything away from him, it's just my opinion that being a great athlete and having one amazing season doesn't stack up to the 3 or 4 year careers that guys like Koch and Larson had.

T_O_B

I never said I did'nt respect Erstad. I'm just looking at the bigger picture. He had a great season in 95, and a spectacular Orange Bowl too. But that does'nt compair to the carrer acheivments of the other choices. Not taking anything away from him, it's just my opinion that being a great athlete and having one amazing season doesn't stack up to the 3 or 4 year careers that guys like Koch and Larson had.

OK. I voted for Erstad because I believe if he had played 3-4 seasons he would have done the same things he did for us during the '94 season.

The fact that he had a great baseball career and has donated over a million dollars to the university had no effect on my vote. It does however make me think just that much more of him as a man. Its too bad that most of the time when I hear about former Huskers it is because they are in trouble. Its time to hear about the overwhelming majority that is out there living good clear lives.

T_O_B

The point being the poll is a complete joke without Erstad even being in the conversation. Let the people decide if he's worthy of the title; not one MOD.

That is the reason I put “Other” and you can put who you want to. I list the reasons why I pick the people I do because if I didn’t narrow it down the list could go on forever. I don’t tell you who to vote for I just put up choices and this is the only one so far that anyone has complained about the choices I have given. FYI the people can decide whether he is worthy be selecting other and typing his name in. If he received enough write in votes he would win.

I don't understand. If we are voting for player who showed the most skill at the position of punter or are we voting for the player with the best Husker career who happened to be a punter, or our favorite punter who played for the Huskers. If it's the first then the number of years played shouldn't matter, I think the stats on Erstad that newearth put up are more telling in that regard.

As far as Erstad's average how many times did we punt from deep in our own end that year as opposed to how many times did he punt from the fifty trying to pin the other team inside the ten yard line? Length of punts doesn't tell everything when you have a dominate offense. Why penalize a player for playing on a very good team.