Barry Turner arrested.

No charges filed against Turner.

LINK

Published Thursday March 5, 2009

No charges filed agasint NU's Barry Turner

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN — The Lancaster County Attorney's office today said no charges would be filed against Nebraska defensive end Barry Turner, who spent two nights in jail last weekend after being cited for involvement in a domestic disturbance Friday night.

Turner's live-in girlfriend had attempted to leave their apartment sometime between 10 and 11 p.m. Friday, but Turner picked her up and carried her back in, according to a probable cause affidavit filed in Lancaster County Court.

According to the affidavit, Turner was angry about a phone call his 20-year-old girlfriend made and began hitting her with a pillow multiple times. He then bit her underneath the right arm after she struck his head with a candlestick.

Turner told police that he brought his girlfriend back into the apartment because he didn't want her to leave during a winter storm. He said he swung the pillow at "medium strength" and he bit his girlfriend to prevent her from using the candlestick again, according to the affidavit.

Turner, 22, was cited for third degree domestic assault, a Class I misdemeanor, and was lodged in jail Saturday and Sunday night. Bond was set at $500 and he was released Monday.

Terry Dougherty, a Lincoln attorney contacted by Turner in connection with the matter, said that based on his knowledge of the situation nothing should be filed.

Husker coach Bo Pelini said NU was "well aware of the situation involving Barry Turner, and feel we have a good handle on it. We will continue to deal with this matter as it plays out."

Turner missed nearly all of the 2008 season after breaking a bone in his left leg during Nebraska's second game of the season against San Jose State on Sept. 6. He has one year of eligibility remaining.

Barring any setbacks in his offseason rehab process, Turner was expected to begin the fall campaign as the Huskers' starter at defensive end. In 2007, Turner started 11 games at end, totaling 29 tackles and a team-high three sacks.

LMAO at all of the judgemental freaks that was calling him "dumb@ss, moron, etc."

Did you guys not read the entire article? It said he picked her up and forced her back inside the apartment. the pillow smack is the least of his worries

The picking up thing I don't think sounds that bad. It's kind of like when your kid is being a pain and saying they are going to leave and run away and you are struggling with them and holding them so they don't take off, but you find it's much easier if you just pick them up over your shoulder and carry them back in the house where you can reason with them. Most parents/couples don't like to fight in public, so getting her back in the apartment where there is more privacy would be best.

I'd have to say I'm most worried about the second return of Marv Alberts in Barry! Biting??!! Now that is a little worrisome! Is he two years old again?

Also, doesn't Barry have a kid, or am I mistaken??

I thought Bo was a strict disciplinarian...

He seems to be, but he, like Callahan, has waited until the legal system does it's thing so he "has all the facts"

Thats a little better Dave. When I saw you had posted, I expected you're normal one liner Bo-Bash.

Gimme a break. You're taking my sarcastic remarks about Bo being able to do no wrong in the eyes of fans as bashing.

It's not.

I thought Bo was a strict disciplinarian...

He seems to be, but he, like Callahan, has waited until the legal system does it's thing so he "has all the facts"

Thats a little better Dave. When I saw you had posted, I expected you're normal one liner Bo-Bash.

Gimme a break. You're taking my sarcastic remarks about Bo being able to do no wrong in the eyes of fans as bashing.

It's not.

I guess some of us take it as you don't like/support Coach Pelini. If you are just poking fun of the man-crush most us have with Bo, that is a different story.

QUOTE(Huskers Forever @ Mar 5 2009, 12:35 PM)

QUOTE(nillie welson @ Mar 5 2009, 12:11 PM)

The thing that is really odd that no one is writing about is that it said he BIT her? Who bites people???

Mike Tyson.

Ahh, that is correct. He slipped my mind.

You forgot Chris Brown

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/n...cle_1459731.php

Apparently biting is the new dragging down steps by the hair.