Barry Turner arrested.

I thought Bo was a strict disciplinarian...

What in the hell are you talking about? It just happened, and Barry will not be charged for anything.

Not yet, that is. His arraignment is Thursday (tomorrow).

I guess you did not read the article above. There will be no arraignment, as NO charges will be filed.

Leave it to the Lincoln Journal Star which has this headline on their web front page:

"NU defensive end Turner to be arraigned Thursday"

and when you click on it you see:

"No charges to be filed against DE Turner"

Journalism at its best.

I guess some of us take it as you don't like/support Coach Pelini. If you are just poking fun of the man-crush most us have with Bo, that is a different story.

Why would I do that? I asked folks to support Callahan early in his tenure, I wouldn't do any different with a new coach.

I just find the man-crushes insufferable. :facepalm:

No charges filed against Turner.

LINK

Published Thursday March 5, 2009

No charges filed agasint NU's Barry Turner

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN — The Lancaster County Attorney's office today said no charges would be filed against Nebraska defensive end Barry Turner, who spent two nights in jail last weekend after being cited for involvement in a domestic disturbance Friday night.

Turner's live-in girlfriend had attempted to leave their apartment sometime between 10 and 11 p.m. Friday, but Turner picked her up and carried her back in, according to a probable cause affidavit filed in Lancaster County Court.

According to the affidavit, Turner was angry about a phone call his 20-year-old girlfriend made and began hitting her with a pillow multiple times. He then bit her underneath the right arm after she struck his head with a candlestick.

Turner told police that he brought his girlfriend back into the apartment because he didn't want her to leave during a winter storm. He said he swung the pillow at "medium strength" and he bit his girlfriend to prevent her from using the candlestick again, according to the affidavit.

Turner, 22, was cited for third degree domestic assault, a Class I misdemeanor, and was lodged in jail Saturday and Sunday night. Bond was set at $500 and he was released Monday.

Terry Dougherty, a Lincoln attorney contacted by Turner in connection with the matter, said that based on his knowledge of the situation nothing should be filed.

Husker coach Bo Pelini said NU was "well aware of the situation involving Barry Turner, and feel we have a good handle on it. We will continue to deal with this matter as it plays out."

Turner missed nearly all of the 2008 season after breaking a bone in his left leg during Nebraska's second game of the season against San Jose State on Sept. 6. He has one year of eligibility remaining.

Barring any setbacks in his offseason rehab process, Turner was expected to begin the fall campaign as the Huskers' starter at defensive end. In 2007, Turner started 11 games at end, totaling 29 tackles and a team-high three sacks.

LMAO at all of the judgemental freaks that was calling him "dumb@ss, moron, etc."

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Good lord, what the hell is wrong with these guys. Maybe have Grant Wistrom and Jason Peter come stay for a few days and show this team how things are delt with internally. Suh has had chats with JP, he should tell him how to handle these situations, like whoever gets in trouble gets their ass kicked. Seemed to work fine back then.

well, it happens, that more than a few of these "kids" think the law doesn't apply to them..sad deal, if he is guilty, kick has a$$ off the team.

the football program doesn't need this.

Hunter, try to keep up will you? Read the thread, and then come back and post. :facepalm:

This should go well...................

Anyways, the prosecutor's must've decided that they didn't think they had enough evidence or they thought the witness was going to back out and said forget it.

well, i mean she hit him with a candlestick. i think it would be hard to get an assault charge on someone for a pillow unless there was attempted suffocation, and the bite came after the candlestick to the head. so if they are gonna charge him, they would have to charge her i would think, and hers would probly be worse bc candlestick might be considered a weapon lol.

Doesn't Barry have a child? I think I heard something about a child being at the place while this all happened. If so, I feel horrible if the child saw any of this!! Sometimes as a guy, you just have to say F*ck it! Chicks are crazy and can become a different person at a drop of a hat(personal experience).

well, i mean she hit him with a candlestick. i think it would be hard to get an assault charge on someone for a pillow unless there was attempted suffocation, and the bite came after the candlestick to the head. so if they are gonna charge him, they would have to charge her i would think, and hers would probly be worse bc candlestick might be considered a weapon lol.

Doesn't matter if it was a pillow or not, it's still considered assault. In a domestic assault type of situation the Officers who arrive on scene have to decide who the aggressor or primary party are. Once that is decided the decision to make the arrest is based off of this. Most likely she was trying to defend herself and hit him with the candlestick and the charges against her wouldn't stick anyways. Now if both of them were the primary aggressors, and both of them were equally at fault, both of them could've been arrested for domestic. I tend to believe that the Officers had enough to make the arrest, but the girl isn't being cooperative with the prosecutors so they said forget it.