Barry Turner arrested.

well, i mean she hit him with a candlestick. i think it would be hard to get an assault charge on someone for a pillow unless there was attempted suffocation, and the bite came after the candlestick to the head. so if they are gonna charge him, they would have to charge her i would think, and hers would probly be worse bc candlestick might be considered a weapon lol.

Doesn't matter if it was a pillow or not, it's still considered assault. In a domestic assault type of situation the Officers who arrive on scene have to decide who the aggressor or primary party are. Once that is decided the decision to make the arrest is based off of this. Most likely she was trying to defend herself and hit him with the candlestick and the charges against her wouldn't stick anyways. Now if both of them were the primary aggressors, and both of them were equally at fault, both of them could've been arrested for domestic. I tend to believe that the Officers had enough to make the arrest, but the girl isn't being cooperative with the prosecutors so they said forget it.

:yeah

The arresting officer had to also have signs of an injury to make the arrest. That and Turner stated he did it thinking he was justified in his actions. Hindsight is 20/20, but I am guessing since domestic violence is a serious matter Dr. Tom and Bo will take action of some kind whether it is made public or not that will be the question.

well, i mean she hit him with a candlestick. i think it would be hard to get an assault charge on someone for a pillow unless there was attempted suffocation, and the bite came after the candlestick to the head. so if they are gonna charge him, they would have to charge her i would think, and hers would probly be worse bc candlestick might be considered a weapon lol.

Doesn't matter if it was a pillow or not, it's still considered assault. In a domestic assault type of situation the Officers who arrive on scene have to decide who the aggressor or primary party are. Once that is decided the decision to make the arrest is based off of this. Most likely she was trying to defend herself and hit him with the candlestick and the charges against her wouldn't stick anyways. Now if both of them were the primary aggressors, and both of them were equally at fault, both of them could've been arrested for domestic. I tend to believe that the Officers had enough to make the arrest, but the girl isn't being cooperative with the prosecutors so they said forget it.

:yeah

The arresting officer had to also have signs of an injury to make the arrest. That and Turner stated he did it thinking he was justified in his actions. Hindsight is 20/20, but I am guessing since domestic violence is a serious matter Dr. Tom and Bo will take action of some kind whether it is made public or not that will be the question.

Another charge he could've gotten, at least in Iowa anyways, is false imprisonment for not allowing her to leave by carrying her back inside. He's lucky to get out of this with nothing IMO.

Doesn't Barry have a child? I think I heard something about a child being at the place while this all happened. If so, I feel horrible if the child saw any of this!! Sometimes as a guy, you just have to say F*ck it! Chicks are crazy and can become a different person at a drop of a hat(personal experience).

There's an enlightened opinion. I could become a different person too, with a 6'3" 250 dude coming after me.

I guess some of us take it as you don't like/support Coach Pelini. If you are just poking fun of the man-crush most us have with Bo, that is a different story.

Why would I do that? I asked folks to support Callahan early in his tenure, I wouldn't do any different with a new coach.

I just find the man-crushes insufferable. :facepalm:

True Dat.

I support my country and criticize its leaders decisions often. Its my job.

I for one, like your comments Dave. I also like it that many have pointed out that if Callahan had done some things Bo has done we would've gone ballistic.

Bo doesn't have an easy job. Lots of scrutiny. Some of his decisions will be questionable at best.

I think we will see much inconsistancy regarding discipline. Same as any other coach.

Did you guys not read the entire article? It said he picked her up and forced her back inside the apartment. the pillow smack is the least of his worries

The picking up thing I don't think sounds that bad. It's kind of like when your kid is being a pain and saying they are going to leave and run away and you are struggling with them and holding them so they don't take off, but you find it's much easier if you just pick them up over your shoulder and carry them back in the house where you can reason with them. Most parents/couples don't like to fight in public, so getting her back in the apartment where there is more privacy would be best.

I'd have to say I'm most worried about the second return of Marv Alberts in Barry! Biting??!! Now that is a little worrisome! Is he two years old again?

Also, doesn't Barry have a kid, or am I mistaken??

That's right man, drag the little woman in the house and keep her in line!! Just like a child throwing a tantrum.........

Oh wait, no, I think preventing a grown up (at least in age, perhaps not in behavior) from leaving when they want to is technically kidnapping? It is certainly some kind of imprisonment.

Maybe he was just holding containment in the pocket........

well, it happens, that more than a few of these "kids" think the law doesn't apply to them..sad deal, if he is guilty, kick has a$$ off the team.

the football program doesn't need this.

Hunter, try to keep up will you? Read the thread, and then come back and post. :facepalm:

This should go well...................

Anyways, the prosecutor's must've decided that they didn't think they had enough evidence or they thought the witness was going to back out and said forget it.

No I agree with others.....if the charges were dropped he must not have done anything wrong..... <_<

Having been in some kind of rough relationships with some less than sane women I'm not saying I'm above his behavior but I think he definately lost a little control of himself here. Maybe provoked but at his size and in his position he's gonna have to find a way to not do this stuff.

I for one raise eyebrows when athletes are arrested and then the charges are dropped.....hmmmm......

well, it happens, that more than a few of these "kids" think the law doesn't apply to them..sad deal, if he is guilty, kick has a$$ off the team.

Hunter, try to keep up will you? Read the thread, and then come back and post. :facepalm:

Anyways, the prosecutor's must've decided that they didn't think they had enough evidence or they thought the witness was going to back out and said forget it.

No I agree with others.....if the charges were dropped he must not have done anything wrong..... <_<

Having been in some kind of rough relationships with some less than sane women I'm not saying I'm above his behavior but I think he definately lost a little control of himself here. Maybe provoked but at his size and in his position he's gonna have to find a way to not do this stuff.

I for one raise eyebrows when athletes are arrested and then the charges are dropped.....hmmmm......

In this day and age, to think that college athletes get preferential treatment from prosecutors is ridiculous to me. Far too much oversight (citizen and state) for charges to be simply dropped because a guy is a football player. Guys get ticketed for freakin MIP when I know plenty of guys when I was in high school and undergrad who were simply told to go home/away and not given anything.

I bet if I heard this same story told to me from a friend who just went through it, it would be pretty funny.

It would be like, "So Stu, me and the gf had a little argument. Turns out she's been calling this guy she met who works at a bar, who said he would get her into the bar on the weekends and give her cheap drinks. So this ticks me off, cuz she's my girl, she underage, and this guy is actually just using the bar to get into her pants. She is obviously to young and dumb to realize this telling me that they are "just friends". So i call her out on it, and she starts flipping out and saying she's going to leave. I try to reason with her, and pull her back into the apartment, and she's screaming at me! Stu, you know how i hate it when a 20 yr old half drunk girl shreiks at me, so i grab a pillow off the couch and smack her with it! it was pretty funny, cuz she shutup and looked all stunned for a second.

Then she starts talking about assualt and crap, so i smack her again! i start laughing because ya know, assualt with a pillow? come on! So she gets mad, and grabs this candle thing, and bashes me in the head! how is that even fair??? Pillow vs Candle holder? Not even close! So she's smacking me with that thing, i can't get her to stop, i don't wanna punch her for real, so i just bit her arm. not hard enough to draw blood, but dude wtf am i supposed to do? Just sit there and get hit? So yeah, that'smy story, and now coach is gonna be pissed cuz he's gotta deal with this crap, and i know she'll try and hype this story and get my football career all jacked up... Stupid women. I should have never started dating that crazy tweeny bi@tch."

Then i'd laugh at him, cuz that story is rediculous, and in the grand scheme of things, isn't really a bid deal.

Good lord, what the hell is wrong with these guys. Maybe have Grant Wistrom and Jason Peter come stay for a few days and show this team how things are delt with internally. Suh has had chats with JP, he should tell him how to handle these situations, like whoever gets in trouble gets their ass kicked. Seemed to work fine back then.

Did it work for Christian Peter?

Domestic charges being dropped happens ALL the time every day, but being this is a husker and was made more public you got to hear about it. Could charges being dropped against an athlete be fishy? Yes and no. Could charges being dropped against a non-athlete be fishy? Yes and no. These domestic things happen all the time every day, and when things calm down and the couple talk it over, many, many times charges get dropped because the woman/man don't want to go thru with it. As public as domestic cases can become, most are dealt with privately between the couple. An athlete is a human as much as any of us. They get emotional in relationships also. Personally, the DUIs, MIPs, etc seem worse to me, because these are things they can control more than one can control emotions. Cut the guy some slack, never been in trouble before that I know of and he let his emotions about a girl get in the way of his judgement.

Did you guys not read the entire article? It said he picked her up and forced her back inside the apartment. the pillow smack is the least of his worries

The picking up thing I don't think sounds that bad. It's kind of like when your kid is being a pain and saying they are going to leave and run away and you are struggling with them and holding them so they don't take off, but you find it's much easier if you just pick them up over your shoulder and carry them back in the house where you can reason with them. Most parents/couples don't like to fight in public, so getting her back in the apartment where there is more privacy would be best.

I'd have to say I'm most worried about the second return of Marv Alberts in Barry! Biting??!! Now that is a little worrisome! Is he two years old again?

Also, doesn't Barry have a kid, or am I mistaken??

That's right man, drag the little woman in the house and keep her in line!! Just like a child throwing a tantrum.........

Oh wait, no, I think preventing a grown up (at least in age, perhaps not in behavior) from leaving when they want to is technically kidnapping? It is certainly some kind of imprisonment.

Maybe he was just holding containment in the pocket........

I lol'd :rollin