Visit Date: TBD

Scholarships offered: Central Florida

Favorites: Nebraska, Clemson, Georgia

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Scout:

ESPN Grade: N/A

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25%. I'm not even sure if the coaches are aware of this guy, and he doesn't have an offer from Nebraska yet. However, on multiple occasions (interviews, etc.), he has stated that his favorite school is Nebraska, and that he has always wanted to be a Husker. That's pretty rare for a South Carolina kid to say, with no prior connections to the school. I hope the coaches get some tape and get in touch with him. Several of his family members have played, or are playing in the NFL.

CLAYTONGEATHERS3_9200.JPG

However, on multiple occasions (interviews, etc.), he has stated that his favorite school is Nebraska, and that he has always wanted to be a Husker.

Seems like he'd be N or at least give Nebraska strong consideration:

Go Big Red?

Athlete Clayton Geathers (Hemingway, S.C./Carvers Bay) holds one scholarship offer, from Central Florida, but would like to hear from Nebraska.

"If they would show interest in me, they would be my No. 1," he said.

Apparently, Geathers grew up pulling for the Huskers and has longed to go there.

However, on multiple occasions (interviews, etc.), he has stated that his favorite school is Nebraska, and that he has always wanted to be a Husker.

Seems like he'd be N or at least give Nebraska strong consideration:

Go Big Red?

Athlete Clayton Geathers (Hemingway, S.C./Carvers Bay) holds one scholarship offer, from Central Florida, but would like to hear from Nebraska.

"If they would show interest in me, they would be my No. 1," he said.

Apparently, Geathers grew up pulling for the Huskers and has longed to go there.

why arent we offering!!!!!

• 5 months later...

I realize that with the 85 scholarship limit you can't offer everyone...

However, I'm just wondering if the Nebraska coaching staff missed out on a gem here.

Time will tell.

For the record: Frank Solich, or maybe it was the former coach, dropped the ball and missed out on Danny Woodhead. Edit: I only say that with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

In my humble opinion, gathered from only that short clip, is that Geathers lacks elite speed, and is pretty stiff in the hips for a CB. Or it could just be that NU signed around 300 DBs in the 2009 class! Either way it sucks when fans of the program don't get offered.

Interesting fact, Chris Leak has always listed the Huskers as his favorite program. I've always wondered how NU missed out on that one, he was a hell of a talent. And I'm sure NU fans would have appreciated his skills far more than those ungrateful Florida "fans" do!