cody green injured...(confirmed, minor)

I know what you guys are saying and it probably has a lot to do with the Callahan years of seeing these highly ranked guys coming in and then not producing. However I just read in the Robert Marve thread someone said oh but we have "the messiah cody green". Thats just an example I guess of what I am talking about, which I have seen too much for my taste lately to just take with a grain of salt. I understand some people on here are trying to cool expectations which is cool and all but some people on here need to chill out with the sarcasm bc it makes it look like we are against the kid when we should be excited that in possibly two years we have the type of talent to have a heisman hopeful. When is the last time we could say that? 2002? I say be excited without bashing the kid with sarcasm.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct (1620 am radio show) spent a segment on Friday discussing the possibility of Green being out for spring ball because of an undisclosed injury. They didn't say who their sources were or whether it was completely factual. It was also stated that maybe Green was the one who was going to seek medical attention.

If this is true, our QB position is awfully thin with only two guys that can potentially play..Spano and Lee.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct (1620 am radio show) spent a segment on Friday discussing the possibility of Green being out for spring ball because of an undisclosed injury. They didn't say who their sources were or whether it was completely factual. It was also stated that maybe Green was the one who was going to seek medical attention.

If this is true, our QB position is awfully thin with only two guys that can potentially play..Spano and Lee.

ebke could be a serviceable qb if needed, his junior and senior year of highschool was basically the dick rod spread.

I know what you guys are saying and it probably has a lot to do with the Callahan years of seeing these highly ranked guys coming in and then not producing. However I just read in the Robert Marve thread someone said oh but we have "the messiah cody green". Thats just an example I guess of what I am talking about, which I have seen too much for my taste lately to just take with a grain of salt. I understand some people on here are trying to cool expectations which is cool and all but some people on here need to chill out with the sarcasm bc it makes it look like we are against the kid when we should be excited that in possibly two years we have the type of talent to have a heisman hopeful. When is the last time we could say that? 2002? I say be excited without bashing the kid with sarcasm.

I'm the one that made the messiah remark and it is a sarcastic jab at those who think he is more than he is. I'm sure he's quite talented and has a bright future but starting next year is a stretch.

BTW- I know what his injury is...........stigmata

Martinez might get more of a look @ QB than people initially thought. Just speculation on my part.

I agree. Saw him play against De La Salle this year in the state championship game and he looked good. Had a unique delivery but he has tremendous speed which allows him to make plays even when it breaks down. If this news is true, it will certainly help him get more of a look.

I think Cody was heading for a redshirt in any case. Cody's development is what I worry about, not depth.

Depth is what I worried - and continue to worry - about after Witt transferred.

We had better hope Zac Lee is made of steel.

I agree. I'm pretty comforatable with letting the coaching staff decide when he will start. As far as Lee goes, he is not made of steel. It's some sort of light weight alluminum alloy developed by NASA.. no link.....classified. We'll be fine.