Best long term prospects in Big 12 Football

Really bold predictions jayhawk! :sarcasm Your basicaly saying nothing major will change. No one drops off like NU has, or rises from obscurity like KU or OSU? How exciting.

I'll be sure to check back in a half century or so for the follow up thread. Unless of course civilization has been wiped out by an asteroid or something. Which I actually think is more likely to happen than your 2059 conference out look.

Ha! According to articles I have read just about every school in the Big 12 is going to be under about 50 feet of water when the Great Nebraska Sea fills up again within 50 years...with the exception of Iowa State, Colorado and Mizzou (and when the New Madrid fault line lets go down there in Missouri, Columbia will be nothing but a hole in the ground anyway...like there's a difference from what it is now) So...Iowa State and Colorado will be the only two teams left in the Big 12 and since Colorado climate is not conducsive to growing quality weed, everyone in Boulder will migrate to California, leaving CU virtually deserted....and I'll finally be living on beachfront property!

Hurray for Al Gore and Global Warming!!!!

By the way, I find it quite amusing how your state is the only of the entire union that ends with the sound "ass"...actually it starts with the sound "can" which is basically slang for "ass"...

Coincidence? I think not.... <_<

Vintage Cy. I can honestly say that whenever I see a post form you or TuffTiger I immediately go to those posts.

One modest amendment to you excellent post. Columbia already IS a hole.

:nanalama

Really bold predictions jayhawk! :sarcasm Your basicaly saying nothing major will change. No one drops off like NU has, or rises from obscurity like KU or OSU? How exciting.

I'll be sure to check back in a half century or so for the follow up thread. Unless of course civilization has been wiped out by an asteroid or something. Which I actually think is more likely to happen than your 2059 conference out look.

Over the last 40 years this list has stayed relatively the same minus a few years where things went up and down for one team. Every once in awhile popular teams won't be so dominate, and rather poor teams rise up to be title contenders.

I think in 50 years, this list won't change much considering it's been pretty steady for the last 40-50 years. :koolaid2:

Ha! According to articles I have read just about every school in the Big 12 is going to be under about 50 feet of water when the Great Nebraska Sea fills up again within 50 years...with the exception of Iowa State, Colorado and Mizzou (and when the New Madrid fault line lets go down there in Missouri, Columbia will be nothing but a hole in the ground anyway...like there's a difference from what it is now) So...Iowa State and Colorado will be the only two teams left in the Big 12 and since Colorado climate is not conducsive to growing quality weed, everyone in Boulder will migrate to California, leaving CU virtually deserted....and I'll finally be living on beachfront property!

Hurray for Al Gore and Global Warming!!!!

By the way, I find it quite amusing how your state is the only of the entire union that ends with the sound "ass"...actually it starts with the sound "can" which is basically slang for "ass"...

Coincidence? I think not.... <_<

We could be smart, be like Arkansas and pronounce it Can-Saw?

Not true. On the major changes front, I predict Tech will fall off and not come back in the long run and I predict A&M will rise way above where it is now. I also predict a slight drop off for Mizzou and that KU's recent found fortunes are likely to stay in place. I grant you it is a little bit like today's landscape, but I did not just grab the final records and slap them up. I also used mostly factors not related to just last year, as best I could, hence those 3 changes. I doubt I will remember I even made a prediciton in 50 years, but it is fun to talk about anyway. Not much goin on in this part of the off season.

im just curious why this one got moved?

just wondern....

While I'm not the one that moved it, I think I can state that it was because the topic was Big XII rather than strictly Husker Football.

:(

I think this definitely touched on Husker Football. Big 12 is usually for topics about the Big 12 that don't address the Huskers. This one addressed the Huskers, just not many people are challenging my contention. For what it is worth, this should have stayed...

It is a topic about the big 12 which includes Nebraska. But the topic title tells the story.

Best long term prospects in Big 12 Football, Best long term prospects in Big 12 Football...

Just my interpretation. I left a link in the football forum because the topic is popular.

I appreciate it, but this is where topics go to die... :)

If you look at the rest of the Big 12 topics, they are usually centered on the other 11 schools in the Big 12. I would contend that topics that compare and contrast NU with the rest of the league are valid topics for Husker Football. The fact that 90% of this board are Husker fans will ensure that, at least mostly.

Regardless, thanks for the explanation.

Cheers,

Jayhawk

Not true. On the major changes front, I predict Tech will fall off and not come back in the long run and I predict A&M will rise way above where it is now. I also predict a slight drop off for Mizzou and that KU's recent found fortunes are likely to stay in place. I grant you it is a little bit like today's landscape, but I did not just grab the final records and slap them up. I also used mostly factors not related to just last year, as best I could, hence those 3 changes. I doubt I will remember I even made a prediciton in 50 years, but it is fun to talk about anyway. Not much goin on in this part of the off season.

Tech is recruiting a bit better than before but they recruit "System" players so it is hard to gage. Mizzou has talent but hasnt shown a consistent defense. KU has upper classmen at skill positions so there may be a drop off after some graduate but KU too has recruited well so I dont think its longterm.

I see OSU coming up and competing with the likes of TT but arent in the caliber of OU or Texas they do have a great athletic compound going in and lots of cash. A&M is like a sleeping giant. When they get things strait in college station ...lookout..

Tech is recruiting a bit better than before but they recruit "System" players so it is hard to gage. Mizzou has talent but hasnt shown a consistent defense. KU has upper classmen at skill positions so there may be a drop off after some graduate but KU too has recruited well so I dont think its longterm.

I see OSU coming up and competing with the likes of TT but arent in the caliber of OU or Texas they do have a great athletic compound going in and lots of cash. A&M is like a sleeping giant. When they get things strait in College Station ...lookout..

:yeah