QB Cody Green To Miss Several Spring Practices

It was interesting to see Bo put the situation as "he's a high school senior and we're lucky to even have him right now" (paraphrased of course). I completely agree with it. I know Green probably came out earlier to face off for the starting job early, but this injury and missing a couple of practices is going to hurt him a little. Not a lot, but just a little.

Bo should red shirt Cody. Let him heal up, learn the play book inside and out and come out next year and back up Lee or Spano. Or who ever is the starter. He is not the next Tommy F or Eric C. He has his own style and I'm sure Bo and Watson will figure it out, with out help, from all the arm chair qb's......... JMO.

GBR!!!

Cody should redshirt anyway. Maybe he could get a medical redshirt, then use his normally allowed redshirt and still have four years left when Zac Lee is done here. :corndance

Doesn't work that way. If they hold him out and he has a redshirt available, injury or no injury, then he is a normal redshirt. If he plays at all and gets hurt then he would apply for a medical redshirt, like Meredith and Fisher. What I don't remember is if that said player that plays and gets a MRS has his RS left if that gets burned or not by the MSR, case in point are Meredith and Fisher. I am not sure if they could RS again if they wanted to.

Rumors of him being hurt have been going around for a while, I have a feeling that it is more serious than they are letting on. I bet we don't see him at all during Spring Practices. They will just pushing the issue back in the press.

Trucker, I'm not one to say a whole lot on here as you can see based on my ammount of posts since I've been a member, but do you ever say anything POSITIVE? Seriously most if not all of the threads I've read in which you have posted, I read negative comments from you. Good god, have a positive out look for once. You are right, I'm sure... Bo is probably lieing to the fan base to cover up a torn ACL. :sarcasm

Rumors of him being hurt have been going around for a while, I have a feeling that it is more serious than they are letting on. I bet we don't see him at all during Spring Practices. They will just pushing the issue back in the press.

Trucker, I'm not one to say a whole lot on here as you can see based on my ammount of posts since I've been a member, but do you ever say anything POSITIVE? Seriously most if not all of the threads I've read in which you have posted, I read negative comments from you. Good god, have a positive out look for once. You are right, I'm sure... Bo is probably lieing to the fan base to cover up a torn ACL. :sarcasm

I don't think all of Truckers posts are negative, but I have to agree with you about this one. That is a complete joke, to think that Bo would lie about an injury to a player who should still be in high school during spring ball. That makes no sense at all.

Whether Green's injury is all that serious or not isn't the most concerning thing to me right now. What concerns me more than anything is the fact that we're bringing a LB over to be a 4th option at QB. Is this because Watson and Bo have no faith in Lee, Spano, and possibly an injured Green? NU's had a pretty decent run at taking QB's and converting them to other positions like Veland to secondary, but I can't recall ever bringing someone from the D over to play QB. I'm a little concerned about this, and even more concerned about starting the 09' season with any of the 4 having absolutely zero experience.

Sigh. :facepalm: Everybody huddle up. Let's recap for those of us not paying attention.

1. Cody Green had a soft tissue problem with his hip. It was a minor injury that happened during weightlifting.

2. They are going to keep him out for the first few practices to make sure they don't aggravate it. This is clearly an overabundance of caution, as there's no reason to tempt fate so that a true freshman QB will have a few more reps (padless reps) in preparation for a spring scrimmage next month.

3. Originally the med staff thought it might be more serious. Upon further evaluation, they found it wasn't. This would account for the early rumors.

Bo has zero reason to tell people anything other than the truth, because he, like the rest of us, realizes that it is highly, highly improbable that––barring an injury to one or possibly two quarterbacks––Cody will start this year. If Cody was out for spring and Bo knew that, he'd say it. When does Bo ever not just say it? Even if he's not saying it, he makes a point to say he isn't saying it.

That is all.

When does Bo ever not just say it? Even if he's not saying it, he makes a point to say he isn't saying it.

:wtf:wacko:

That part made me laugh lol.

Cody Green did take part in the first Spring practice by the way. He took part in stretches and was there for the beginning of practice but didn't do much else other than that.